Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
My life fell to shit when I left Christianity. But I left it because trying to live by the Bible with all the constant pleas for forgiveness and the fear of Hell was pushing me to suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: vinterland8 and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
My life was shit when I was a christian and it still is.
Freedom From Religion for me means to be free from all the religious bullshit forced on me which makes me even more miserable.

vinterland8

vinterland8

Apr 23, 2022
It's ultimately the freedom to live beyond good and evil. Obviously, religious people are generally happier (and better adapted) than non-religious people. Atheism is not selected for in a Darwinian sense, because (for the nihlistic Atheist) it has such negative effects on mental health and fertility. From my own personal experience, I recognize the loss of faith as an individual tragedy, but also an opportunity to rebuild the collective.

Gadflies like Richard Dawkins, Socrates, etc. are truly despicable because they offer no better alternative. Societally, Atheism is unsustainable. It's a symptom of collapse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebster
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Faith is just another worthless sign
I will live my life as Godless soul
Gang-Star!

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Weebster
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I'm sorry you've gone through this. I know what it's like to be forced to reject one's faith when it no longer makes any sense. No one knowingly wants to live a lie. I struggle with religion and the meaning of religion too. I'm inclined to agree with Schopenhauer that religion is simply a form of popular metaphysics, yet if it is an illusion it seems to be one humanity is collectively wired for. Can human beings really live without illusions? I increasingly doubt it.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
My life was shit when I was a christian and it still is.
Freedom From Religion for me means to be free from all the religious bullshit forced on me which makes me even more miserable.
I'm sorry you've gone through this. I know what it's like to be forced to reject one's faith when it no longer makes any sense. No one knowingly wants to live a lie. I struggle with religion and the meaning of religion too. I'm inclined to agree with Schopenhauer that religion is simply a form of popular metaphysics, yet if it is an illusion it seems to be one humanity is collectively wired for. Can human beings really live without illusions? I increasingly doubt it.
I thought I freed myself but I didn't.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer