I

iwannaletgo

Aug 23, 2024
I want to ctb tonight. today has just been too much and everything is so overwhelming I can't do it anymore. i want to fast, but i've been feeling really awful in my body and fasting would make me feel worse i think. I haven't eaten much but I'm worried.

If fasting is mandatory i guess i can wait until tomorrow night but i feel panicky about that.

also, should i make letters? and how do i help myself be found? i'll be ctb in my car (i'm homeless) and i don't want the summer heat to make my body gross. assuming i succeed.

any responses appreciated <3

Reactions: wren-briar
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
Fasting is recommend.

Failed attempts lead to massive suffereing. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Reactions: wren-briar, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Alexei_Kirillov
Upvote 0
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
If you're not fasting the absorption of SN is hindered & the process may be slower, increasing chances of suffering. Also you'll be more prone to vomiting everything up.
I'm so sorry your life has gotten to this point. I hope you find peace🌹💔

Reactions: wren-briar, Tac0Johnz and iwannaletgo
Upvote 0
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
I want to ctb tonight. today has just been too much and everything is so overwhelming I can't do it anymore. i want to fast, but i've been feeling really awful in my body and fasting would make me feel worse i think. I haven't eaten much but I'm worried.

If fasting is mandatory i guess i can wait until tomorrow night but i feel panicky about that.

also, should i make letters? and how do i help myself be found? i'll be ctb in my car (i'm homeless) and i don't want the summer heat to make my body gross. assuming i succeed.

I'm sorry you had what sounds like a crazy, terrible day. I don't think using sn right now is a good idea, not when you are feeling so overwhelmed. what happened today? you dont have to share any identifying details and only if you're comfortable talking about it!

Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes! Like others said you will risk vomiting a lot if you dont fast for I think atleast 8 hours

Upvote 0
I

iwannaletgo

Aug 23, 2024
I'm sorry you had what sounds like a crazy, terrible day. I don't think using sn right now is a good idea, not when you are feeling so overwhelmed. what happened today? you dont have to share any identifying details and only if you're comfortable talking about it!
is there a way to talk privately? i'm not comfortable with details being public

Upvote 0
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Full fasting is recommended to prevent or minimize the possibility of vomiting.

When taking SN, it's recommended to mix it with approximately 50ml of water to keep the stomach as empty as possible, to ensure a more effective absorption of SN into the blood without interference.

Regardless what you decide, be careful and study everything first. I wish you the best either way.

Upvote 0
S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
Is it absolutely necessary to use distilled water or will tap work?? Also if I'm doing 35g because I'm fat.. do I need 70ml of water?? It's 2:1 ratio right?

Upvote 0
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
Yes 100% your chance of dying goes down drastically if u dont. U want the SN to be absorbed by ur stomach lining rather than ur small intestine because our small intestine has several types of enzymes that will turn it to nitrate and not kill u

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar and pleaseiwanttogo
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Is it absolutely necessary to use distilled water or will tap work?? Also if I'm doing 35g because I'm fat.. do I need 70ml of water?? It's 2:1 ratio right?
I'm gonna use distilled for my attempt, just to be safe. I have no idea if the extra minerals and chemicals found in tap water will have any effects on the SN, but considering you need distilled to do testing I'm gonna use it for the actual attempt. Distilled water is cheap anyways so I figure why not, even if it doesn't really do anything.

and yes, as far as I know, it is a 2:1 ratio. so 70ml would be 2:1 in this case

Upvote 0
S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
I'm gonna use distilled for my attempt, just to be safe. I have no idea if the extra minerals and chemicals found in tap water will have any effects on the SN, but considering you need distilled to do testing I'm gonna use it for the actual attempt. Distilled water is cheap anyways so I figure why not, even if it doesn't really do anything.

and yes, as far as I know, it is a 2:1 ratio. so 70ml would be 2:1 in this case
I was never stellar at math in my life but I'm gonna make sure I get it right for this particular problem lol

Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Yes 100% your chance of dying goes down drastically if u dont. U want the SN to be absorbed by ur stomach lining rather than ur small intestine because our small intestine has several types of enzymes that will turn it to nitrate and not kill u
this is actually incorrect (aside from the fasting part, you absolutely need to do that, you're right). SN is not absorbed in the stomach lining, but rather your small intestine, which is why you want dopamine antagonist antiemetics so your gastric emptying speed is increased. the stomach acid is actually what converts nitrite, and it turns it into nitric oxide. and with SN, some of the nitrite will turn into nitrate regardless of what you do, as that's what it does within the body. if you check the autopsy/toxicology reports of SN deaths, they find both nitrite and nitrate in their blood.

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar, pleaseiwanttogo, LifeQuitter and 2 others
Upvote 2
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
this is actually incorrect (aside from the fasting part, you absolutely need to do that, you're right). SN is not absorbed in the stomach lining, but rather your small intestine, which is why you want dopamine antagonist antiemetics so your gastric emptying speed is increased. the stomach acid is actually what converts nitrite, and it turns it into nitric oxide. and with SN, some of the nitrite will turn into nitrate regardless of what you do, as that's what it does within the body. if you check the autopsy/toxicology reports of SN deaths, they find both nitrite and nitrate in their blood.
Thats very interesting, I seem to have gotten my info wrong. I remember reading something about how the stomach lining absorbs the SN and that's why we take antacids because it helps the stomach absorb it more to prevent it from breaking down into nitrates? Idk im not too good on the knowledge, I just know the procedure lmao, that was very informative

Reactions: wren-briar and Plato'sCaveDweller
Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Thats very interesting, I seem to have gotten my info wrong. I remember reading something about how the stomach lining absorbs the SN and that's why we take antacids because it helps the stomach absorb it more to prevent it from breaking down into nitrates? Idk im not too good on the knowledge, I just know the procedure lmao, that was very informative
it is true that the antacid was always advised in order to remove stomach acid, so less SN gets converted and more of it enters your system, but I don't recall reading anything about it preventing nitrite breakdown into nitrate. the pph mentions that it turns into nitric oxide, but nothing about nitrate. however, the pph no longer recommends an antacid due to the potential hypotensive effects of the nitric oxide, which may speed up unconsciousness, as well as the fact that the increased potentiation of the SN with antacids "cannot be established". Plus, if you're using an AE like Meto or Domperidone, your stomach acid won't be as big of a concern since the stomach will empty faster anyways.

But yeah, the stomach doesn't absorb very much except in the case of alcohol, some vitamins, sugar, stuff like that. It mostly just prepares shit for your intestines, which then turn that shit into actual shit, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
Antacid is also no longer recommended in PPH. As the stomach converts some part of SN to Nitric Oxide (and this will help you reach unconscious sooner).

Reactions: wren-briar and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Upvote 1
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
it is true that the antacid was always advised in order to remove stomach acid, so less SN gets converted and more of it enters your system, but I don't recall reading anything about it preventing nitrite breakdown into nitrate. the pph mentions that it turns into nitric oxide, but nothing about nitrate. however, the pph no longer recommends an antacid due to the potential hypotensive effects of the nitric oxide, which may speed up unconsciousness, as well as the fact that the increased potentiation of the SN with antacids "cannot be established". Plus, if you're using an AE like Meto or Domperidone, your stomach acid won't be as big of a concern since the stomach will empty faster anyways.

But yeah, the stomach doesn't absorb very much except in the case of alcohol, some vitamins, sugar, stuff like that. It mostly just prepares shit for your intestines, which then turn that shit into actual shit, lol.
Wow so much has changed since my 2022 attempt. Ive got my SN coming, so I know not to use antacids, is there anything else that may have changed?

Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Wow so much has changed since my 2022 attempt. Ive got my SN coming, so I know not to use antacids, is there anything else that may have changed?
have you checked out Vizzy's SN Bible? That's one of the more updated guides, so you can see for yourself what may have changed.

it goes into depth about the antacid, among many other things. this should be your supplementary guide alongside the PPH and whatever extra info you come across here on the forum.

and here's the 2022 PPH, which likely wasn't available during the time of your attempt (if i remember correctly, this is the year that the PPH did a big revision. revised what, i don't know. but check it out regardless):

Upvote 0
schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
I would just say, no one has the actual answer, and it isn't likely anyone would have the answer without being censored, your mileage may vary. 8 hours is usually a good rule of thumb for the stomach to be empty, but we don't know if that even matters. Will I be doing it on an empty stomach? Yes.

Upvote 0
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
have you checked out Vizzy's SN Bible? That's one of the more updated guides, so you can see for yourself what may have changed.

it goes into depth about the antacid, among many other things. this should be your supplementary guide alongside the PPH and whatever extra info you come across here on the forum.

and here's the 2022 PPH, which likely wasn't available during the time of your attempt (if i remember correctly, this is the year that the PPH did a big revision. revised what, i don't know. but check it out regardless):

Thabk you! I really appreciate the update to this guide. Guess ive got some reading to do, I didnt realize how far the knowledge on SN would come in the short time since my last attempt

Upvote 0
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
y
Thabk you! I really appreciate the update to this guide. Guess ive got some reading to do, I didnt realize how far the knowledge on SN would come in the short time since my last attempt
Yeah the method has exploded in popularity over the years, so of course info and general guidelines have changed. glad I could help!

Upvote 0
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I was never stellar at math in my life but I'm gonna make sure I get it right for this particular problem lol
This chart may be helpful:

I'm sorry today has been an overwhelming day. My personal feeling is that it's best to follow the protocol to ensure your attempt is successful. An impromptu attempt will be more likely to be unsuccessful, which will greatly increase your pain.

I appreciate the thoughtful questions you have. Giving yourself the time to figure out the details is best imo.

I'm sorry that you're suffering in this way and I hope you're able to find peace, one way or another. 🫂

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
Fasting is the recommended protocol. Seems the most 'failed' attempts are not following protocol (fasting/AE/etc) or being 'found' (including calling emergency services on self or by others). When I ctb I plan to follow the regimine strictly to reduce the risks of it not working.

Upvote 0