Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I always feel like disappointed with the world and the people in it. Is everyone terrible or are my expectations just too high?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, whywere, scottyy and 3 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
unless you're expecting preferential treatment or smthg, it's most def just that ppl are terrible, unfortunately. i'd say 95% of humanity is tbh, in some way or another🧸it's kinda freeing/comforting though, allows u to be able to give up on ppl & accept + prefer isolation.

• Hugs
Reactions: nogoodfatautist, Suicidebydeath, whywere and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
People suck, most people are terrible. The world is also a cruel place, it's a mad world

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, whywere and LoiteringClouds
S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
I think its that we're meeting people who are at different stages in their life, so some will be more cocky and arrogant than others because they haven't been through much, and others might have been pushed to their limit and so they're angrier now

But theres also actual narcissists, predators and insecure bullies out there

Reactions: sserafim and ResilientAF
ResilientAF

ResilientAF

My whole life has been a lie!
Feb 7, 2024
Was told by a Psych once, Don't have expectations and you won't be disappointed. Also, life is about suffering. Some Buddhist thoughts or something. That made me feel so much better(!). Thanks so much(!) FFS!

You do your best to adapt, fit in, be kind, be understanding but then your hit with barbed comments etc and you're only trying to be nice. So now, I just give folk a look for a few seconds if they say something out of line and ask them to repeat themselves when I've tolerated it before, then if they don't get it, I tell them to fuck off as you just have to. I'm done with you have to be professional at work line from boss. Well cuts both fucking ways, they can stop with being a cunt and bullying me. People are cunts and they can reap what they fucking sow from now on. Take nobody's shit, no matter who it is. Boundaries matter and I'm done with being so fucking nice. Being agreeable in life gets you fucking nowhere. Fight your corner, stand your ground. Zero tolerance for other people's fucking shit. Good luck. You'll get push back when you set boundaries, it's tough, push back fucking harder and keep doing so.

Reactions: sserafim
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I've found it's been a bit of both for myself. People are awful but for some reason I still expect better from them. It's just a cycle of disappointment.

I believe only you can determine what fair expectations are for people based off what you've seen. Patterns exist so try to base it off of that and maybe it'll help guide you to reasonable expectations if they are too high.

Reactions: sserafim