• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
Apologies if this has been established, but I honest to god read through every post (yes, over 100 pages) of the SN mega thread and I can't recall this being established.

Is it okay to add a couple Benadryl when using SN, to help me get to sleep? To be clear, I fully understand that it will not have any sort of anti-emetic effect, and will be taking the meto and antacid as recommended. I just want to know if taking a couple Benadryl, or perhaps 2 Advil PM, would be okay a couple hours before the SN, to help me drift off easily afterwards. I can't get benzos or anything else to help me sleep, and diphenhydramine works reliably and consistently for me so I can dose and time it accordingly. I'm just concerned that it may interact or interfere with the meto or the SN, or even the antacid for that matter, in a way that would increase pain and/or jeopardize chances of success.

I tried google, but there's some sources saying diphenhydramine decreases metoclopramide's effectiveness while there's also others talking about medication that combines both ingredients, so I'm stumped.

While I'm at it... anyone have info on naproxen and fluoxetine interacting with meto?? I know that's a long shot, but google's kinda failed me there too. I'm on both of those for really bad nerve damage pain, and I'm just trying to figure out what meds I can and can't take for the least miserable last few days here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Soul
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I would get off both before you decide to use the SN but not because of potential interactions with meto but because they would decrease the ability of your stomach to hold the SN thus rendering meto ineffective. NSAIDs can irritate the stomach and fluoxetine is apparently associated with heartburn. A few days should be enough.

I don't think DPH is going to hurt any if you know it puts you to sleep and how long it takes to do it.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Person and secondtimesthecharm
secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
I would get off both before you decide to use the SN but not because of potential interactions with meto but because they would decrease the ability of your stomach to hold the SN thus rendering meto ineffective. NSAIDs can irritate the stomach and fluoxetine is apparently associated with heartburn. A few days should be enough.

I don't think DPH is going to hurt any if you know it puts you to sleep and how long it takes to do it.

Ugh, hate to hear that about the fluoxetine and naproxen. It makes sense though, I guess when I'm ready to start the meto regimen I'll stop taking the other meds then.

That's a relief about the diphenhydramine though! Thanks so much for your insight, it's a huge help :)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Person
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Apologies if this has been established, but I honest to god read through every post (yes, over 100 pages) of the SN mega thread and I can't recall this being established.

No wonder you want to kill yourself

Benadryl, apparently, can reverse the EPS symptoms that are a pretty common side effect of metoclopramine

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
No wonder you want to kill yourself

Benadryl, apparently, can reverse the EPS symptoms that are a pretty common side effect of metoclopramine

Lol yeah it wasn't exactly engaging reading, but I can't afford to fail again here so I just want to make sure that if I try to CTB this time, I make it on.

Good to know about the Benadryl! I've taken meto before and not had any side effects but my health is significantly more delicate now so I'll take whatever help I can get.
Well, never believe anything I say without confirming it somewhere else.
Don't worry, I always double check lol. Some studies does show diphenhydramine being used for treatment of extrapyramidal symptoms from other meds, so I think I can feel okay about taking it with meto. I can't get 100% confirmation that everything will work out fine here, just gotta take what I can get from the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Lol yeah it wasn't exactly engaging reading, but I can't afford to fail again here so I just want to make sure that if I try to CTB this time, I make it on.

Good to know about the Benadryl! I've taken meto before and not had any side effects but my health is significantly more delicate now so I'll take whatever help I can get.

Don't worry, I always double check lol. Some studies does show diphenhydramine being used for treatment of extrapyramidal symptoms from other meds, so I think I can feel okay about taking it with meto. I can't get 100% confirmation that everything will work out fine here, just gotta take what I can get from the internet.
Hi there. When are you planning to CBT?

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019

I am just checking the information sheet from inside my box of Metoclopramide and the EPS symptoms are listed as "Common May affect up to 1 in 10 people" (). OTOH it says elsewhere "Do not take with alcohol because it increases the sedative effect of Metoclopramide.

That sounds like a good thing doesn't it ?

secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
Hi there. When are you planning to CBT?
I don't have a set date yet, actually. Lots of moving parts to account for right now, and a tiny part of me is still hoping not to have to get on that bus, but we'll see.

I have some hopes of being able to share my experience taking the SN on here, for others, but most likely I will be offline at that time (if it comes) and unable to provide experiential feedback for others.
I am just checking the information sheet from inside my box of Metoclopramide and the EPS symptoms are listed as "Common May affect up to 1 in 10 people" (). OTOH it says elsewhere "Do not take with alcohol because it increases the sedative effect of Metoclopramide.

That sounds like a good thing doesn't it ?

Sure does, but I can't drink like I used to anymore. Might indulge in one last shot of Hennessy when it's time but I'll have to see.