• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

BerdyDery

Mar 2, 2024
I've been too much of a wuss to actually try cutting, but does it actually give relief?

• Hugs
Reactions: Cherry_BB
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I'm pretty sure this is the fourth reply to a post like this I've made, but my answer is still the same. no, I don't advise starting. self harm is an addictive routine that can escalate very rapidly. stick to snapping an elastic band or something if you can. or smoking weed. hell, if you think you could manage to keep it to a reasonable level like I did (a pack a week) I'd rather you start smoking if you don't expect to live long, because self harm can easily become serious damage, and serious damage gets you caught and can limit your options

I hope I don't sound too preachy. after all, I'm pro-"your right to choose how you treat your body", but I think you can both be that and also pro-"maybe try picking up as few bad habits as you can?" at the same time.

mm, realized I should maybe add context. I've been consciously self harming since I was like 13. that's over a decade. things got so bad this week that I had to break out my emergency blade to carve myself up some in a dark parking lot at before sunrise, while waiting to pick someone up. I was so miserable that I had to make myself bleed in my car, and I had to wrap a greasy mcdonald's napkin around my arm because I had nothing else, and I didn't want blood dripping onto my sweater. people were in the same lot as me. I don't think I even checked to see if anyone could see into my car, I was just so desperate. and it didn't even help really. going home and having an edible would've been a much better decision.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: consider and Aliqbiaa
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
I've been too much of a wuss to actually try cutting, but does it actually give relief?
Not really. It just gave me scars that I'm embarrassed about and thousands of dollars worths of tattoos to keep me from maiming myself again.

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Hundreds of scars later, we can say no. It doesn't help, not really. It very quickly hits the point it is never enough no matter how much damage is done. We don't regret our scars or even try to hide them anymore, but they were not worth it. And once you start, even once, it is so damn hard to stop. We were clean for over a decade.. Then we relapsed once last year and we still can't stop even though it doesn't help anything.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Nope. I went through a phase where I did it a lot at 17 and still have scars on my upper arms and a couple on my face and nose. Not worth it. The 2 seconds of physical pain to relieve the emotional pain will lead to even more emotional pain within minutes. Then you get to live with the scars and the possible addiction and downward spiral that comes from it. Then there's the risk of people finding out and oh boy people really treat you like shit if they find out. If you want relief that isn't as destructive, get edibles if where you live legalized it. Just know that those are addictive too despite what people say. I spent several months addicted to them (I would take them every single day for months to deal with my job) before finally breaking that. But hey do whatever you want I'm not gonna force you to do anything I'm just telling you why it was bad for me, as were the other posters.

TLDR: No. There are better things you can do that aren't as destructive and risky. You can probably think of something.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No definitely not. Just leaves disgusting scars and traumatic memories.

10 years after stopping I still have cigarette and cut scars.

gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
I'd rather blow my brains out once and for all than cutting and giving myself unnecessary pain

T

TamiyaTiger

Mar 7, 2023
I just do it to punish myself and because I like how the scars look. I'm not into tattoos so scarring is the only kind of body decoration I have. It's a little bit of relief when I'm really angry or anxious but nothing crazy or addicting. I only ever cut cut skin deep, I don't have much pain tolerance. I've seen photos from people who are hardcore into that stuff and it creeps me out, real horror movie stuff.

Cherry_BB

Cherry_BB

I need someone to push me over the edge
Jul 6, 2023
It depends on the reason you cut. Some people cut to release strong emotions such as anger. Others cut to feel something. If you're looking to start cutting, just know that it can be addicting and depending on the depth you cut can cause permanent damage. I hope you find the relief you're looking for, good luck.

Reactions: bwerner