F

FocusExpert

Dec 15, 2020
I have had ten solid years 15-25 of extreme stress, anxiety, internet addiction. My dreams and paths ahead are all intellectual. I am not sure if my brain is completely fried. I was wondering if the brain can recover from this amount of stress. If it is not possible I don't believe there is any point in trying recovery. I will CTB instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scattered-Soul
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
It is, the human brain has an amazing capability of being rewired, healed and changed in a positive direction but you gotta put a lot of work into it. I advise to research neuroplasticity and techniques to rewire your brain.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: AshClouds, Cloud Busting, Numbern9ne303808909 and 1 other person
Numbern9ne303808909

Numbern9ne303808909

Oct 24, 2023
Don't underestimate the power of human body recovery, cell recovery, neuron recovery...... your brain needs downtime, backing away from addiction is tough but look at it more like habits. Habits can be changed and for me it has to be a process of small changes whether daily or weekly or whatever suits you. Ultimately just keep talking, keep open and try to tweak the negatives into small positives my friend.

Reactions: carac
rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I'm 24, similarly fucked up and hoping to make it in academia. I did manage my first year of law school and even got a performance scholarship. Apparently my brain is not completely fried and there is definitely some flexibility there. I can't guarantee you a recovery because I am not recovered but I can confirm that you can rewire your brain if you put (painful) work into it.

Reactions: finalrequiem
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I know it's a bit of a cliche but you are much stronger and resilient that you know, the human body is incredible. I would have never believed it myself had I not experienced it first hand.

R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
I'm 24, similarly fucked up and hoping to make it in academia. I did manage my first year of law school and even got a performance scholarship. Apparently my brain is not completely fried and there is definitely some flexibility there. I can't guarantee you a recovery because I am not recovered but I can confirm that you can rewire your brain if you put (painful) work into it.
Good on you for staying on something like law. I thought I was fried too my friend. I pissed away my 20s traveling and partying. Managed to complete my specialized health degree (sorry, withholding the specific profession) at 34. I'm 35 with the credentials and trying to pick up the pieces, late.

That's a good spot to be. Treat that law schooling like it's your direct path to the other side. Really get into it with all your time.

I thought I'd be dead many times by now. School definately created a diversion that could suck all of my time. Ended up in the dean's list, a suicidal guy. Ha.

Go hard buddy. What do you have to lose.