Mayerling86

Mayerling86

Faking a smile is so much easier
Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys...does anyone know how painful or painless this method is?

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and sadworld
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Heard it's a very peaceful way. But that's just what I heard, maybe read the compilation section.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Meditation guide, KleinerWolf and 3 others
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@Mayerling86
It depends on the CO concentration, if it's high enough you don't have any headache or nausea and pass out in seconds.
But over 10,000 ppm of CO don't seem to be easy to achieve with the usual charcoal method.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayerling86, pthnrdnojvsc, Meditation guide and 2 others
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I guess it's pretty peaceful. Even if you get a headache and nausea I personally still find it bearable compared to other methods.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayerling86, LittleJem, Meditation guide and 1 other person
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
There have been plenty of failures with this method on the board. I really think the Quality of charcoal in the UK / US is inferior to the shit they get in asia, where this technique was made popular years ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayerling86 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
If you get the right stuff it is really peaceful and painless.

Reactions: Mayerling86, Sherri, stygal and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I read about people dying in their sleep from it, or sitting in cars and not even knowing the CO was there and dying.
It's the only method where you can be asleep.

Reactions: Mayerling86 and Sherri
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
I tried this. Here is my experience

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/failed-attempt-with-bbq-and-tent.38977/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mayerling86 and Meditation guide
N

nofutureghost

asleep
Dec 5, 2020
I'm planning to try the charcoal method but if I can't be alone at home I'll probably try something like hanging or stuff, CO seems to be the best painfulness way to ctb, everything I want is to quit life calm n peacefully but it have to be a plan B

• Hugs
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Be careful not to hurt someone else with the CO though

• Hugs
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
i tried it once and it felt like hell. however, i did it in a big room so there's that

• Aww..
Reactions: Mayerling86 and Spitfire
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
My ideal way to ctb is to fall asleep and never wake up and this lets you do that. No bag over the head. No tank of gas to buy. No chemical to drink. It is fairly simple and the main drawback is having the right place to do it. People have died with a charcoal grill inside their car or van. You can even mix two acids to create CO. You just have to be sure no one else is around or living in an apartment next to you or above you, since CO can travel through walls and ceilings.

Reactions: sage79 and Mayerling86
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
My ideal way to ctb is to fall asleep and never wake up and this lets you do that. No bag over the head. No tank of gas to buy. No chemical to drink. It is fairly simple and the main drawback is having the right place to do it. People have died with a charcoal grill inside their car or van. You can even mix two acids to create CO. You just have to be sure no one else is around or living in an apartment next to you or above you, since CO can travel through walls and ceilings.
Just be careful you dont end up burning yourself like I did

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Just be careful you dont end up burning yourself like I did
That was horrible. That's what I mean about having the right place. You need enough space not to knock a hot grill full of coals over. Such as placing the grills in the bathtub and then lying down on the bathroom floor. It really needs to be very carefully thought out and planned but to me it's worth it. I really don't know how some are able to do it in a car. I would be too afraid of melting the interior of the car, or catching it on fire.
Even in a tent, as some have done, you are lying much too close to the grill.

Reactions: Mayerling86
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
I think I had a seizure when I passed out which I think is normal for CO, so anyone wanting to use this method really needs to make sure they have enough space to thrash around safely, as pain may wake you. I guess in a car you could put your seat belt on.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I think I had a seizure when I passed out which I think is normal for CO, so anyone wanting to use this method really needs to make sure they have enough space to thrash around safely, as pain may wake you. I guess in a car you could put your seat belt on.
One woman had her two kids strapped in the back seats, her in the front and the car was an SUV with the grill in the back. It was terribly sad.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Mayerling86, Donk and Isadeth
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
One woman had her two kids strapped in the back seats, her in the front and the car was an SUV with the grill in the back. It was terribly sad.
Very sad. At least she chose a painless way. I guess for some people, taking your children with you is better than leaving them behind to suffer she must have been in so much pain

• Aww..
N

nofutureghost

asleep
Dec 5, 2020
I think it's kinda selfish take someone's life and future only because you don't want yours anymore

Reactions: Mayerling86, Pookie and Isadeth
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I think it's kinda selfish take someone's life and future only because you don't want yours anymore
One could also argue that it's selfish to bring them into this mess (the world) in the first place. So maybe giving them peace and not letting them suffer through the traumatic loss of a parent plus potentially being placed into foster care might be an alternative here.
But I personally wouldn't hurt a kid either.

FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
You could also say its selfish to leave them behind in this awful world without a parent

I love my child more than anything, ever, but I wish I never had him, purely because I can't bare the thought of him suffering the way so many of us do

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayerling86, demuic and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
You could also say its selfish to leave them behind in this awful world without a parent

I love my child more than anything, ever, but I wish I never had him, purely because I can't bare the thought of him suffering the way so many of us do
Yes, when I was a parent - my child would be my life and I'd do everything to protect it and never leave it behind. One of the reasons I'm no parent.
Nevertheless I can also sympathize with those being in such mental or circumstantial torment they literally can't carry on.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mayerling86, demuic and Donk
N

nofutureghost

asleep
Dec 5, 2020
One could also argue that it's selfish to bring them into this mess (the world) in the first place. So maybe giving them peace and not letting them suffer through the traumatic loss of a parent plus potentially being placed into foster care might be an alternative here.
But I personally wouldn't hurt a kid either.
they're just kids you know, it's not about leaving them behind, it's about to let them live enough to make their own choices, I totally agree that is a big loss but they can pass through it, I know it's not everyone's reality but still think it's kinda sad :(
she got her motives and I can't even imagine how much pain she was passing through to get to this point

Last edited:
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The Federal Institute of Risk Assessment in conjunction with The Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing did a research project. The project research was investigating the concentrations of carbon monoxide that are reached when charcoal grills are used indoors and how long it takes to reach hazardous levels. I just wanted to share an interesting finding.

(copy and paste)

Owing to its spatial volume of 19 cubic metres, the cloud chamber provides a good model for a small garage or a living room. In the experiments, the CO concentration was measured both under the ceiling and in the immediate vicinity of the grill. No significant differences were detected, for the combustion gas was distributed relatively evenly throughout the room. After as little as two hours of glowing embers from 800 grams of charcoal, CO concentrations in excess of 3000 ppm (parts per million) were measured. If humans inhale ambient air of such concentrations, they faint after a few minutes.

(end copy and paste) -

A CO ppm meter would be the number one thing to have in my mind when using a grill or a generator. I would want to see it and know the CO levels were adequate in the space.

Reactions: Mayerling86 and SpinTop555