T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I was looking into the most successful forms of ctb on lostallhope.com and they seem to list CO as the 14th most successful form of suicide.

It has a 71% success rate and it takes up to 22 ninutes to ctb. It's also ranked as number 18 in terms of agony.

I'm not sure if the above information is correct
This will be my method and I'll be using a generator in a car.
I will leave the generator running until it reaches 10,000ppm. I'll enter my car, take a deep breath and ctb.

What do you think about my method vs lostallhope.com?
Do you think they're accurate?

Reactions: adam&eve, Setepai and TripleA
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
Sorry, not trying to steal your thread, but I couldn't find any listings of gases such as Helium or Nitrogen on that site. How odd, you'd think it would be on the chart somewhere, ideally at the top of it.

Reactions: profoundexperience
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
Am going by co on sat

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Yes, it's a very popular method in Asia and seems to work very well if executed properly. It was my initial method of choice before I switched to SN instead

However, should the attempt fail or be interrupted by someone midway, the consequences can be dire. Brain damage is very real possibility and the aftereffects may not be apparent immediately after the failed attempt.

I'd recommend doing some "practice runs" if you decide to utilize this method to ensure that you know what you're doing and that it's logistically possible to succeed. You don't want to end up brain dead.

Reactions: adam&eve, Shotgunjohn, demuic and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I have a ppm meter that measures up to 10,000ppm.
Just be careful when testing. Use a remote camera or from a smart phone to see the ppm . co can kill fast and or knock you out fast. co has 200 times the affinity for binding to the hemoglobin molecule over oxygen. Extremely deadly. just 1.5% co in the air , over 12,500 ppm can knock you unconscious in a few breaths.

Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb) is formed when CO binds with hemoglobin with an affinity 200 times greater than oxygen, thereby decreasing oxygen-carrying capacity and the release of oxygen to tissues, leading to tissue hypoxia.

Last edited:
Reactions: profoundexperience, Thanatos123 and Meditation guide
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
It depends how you do it. One of my childhood friends dad ctb by doing it in his truck. But I've heard stories of it not working because oxygen leaks in and or is added in newer cars.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Just be careful when testing. Use a remote camera or from a smart phone to see the ppm . co can kill fast and or knock you out fast. co has 200 times the affinity for binding to the hemoglobin molecule over oxygen. Extremely deadly. just 1.5% co in the air , over 12,500 ppm can knock you unconscious in a few breaths.

Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb) is formed when CO binds with hemoglobin with an affinity 200 times greater than oxygen, thereby decreasing oxygen-carrying capacity and the release of oxygen to tissues, leading to tissue hypoxia.

Thank you for the info!
I'll stay a safe distance away from my car.

I gotta look for a good gas mask as well. What do you think I should look for when buying a gas mask?

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
The classic carbon monoxide fatality in Hollywood was Thelma Todd's accidental death after being dropped off from a late party for walking up flights of stairs to a closed garage around 4:30 AM on the morning of Sunday, December 15, 1935. Four books have been written about the first blonde bombshell comedienne in talking pictures, and there has been much speculation that she might have been somehow murdered or committed suicide.

My research aside from the four books written makes it clear though that she succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while revving up her powerful but quiet 1932 Lincoln KB Dual Cowl Phaeton V12 in less than two minutes, possibly after taking a nap in the back seat until daybreak in her full length mink coat. The temperature at that time in the morning was a record low 38 degrees Fahrenheit in Santa Monica, California on the seacoast according to the archival National Weather Service data, so she had to warm up her car in what was essentially a giant refrigerated compartment before she could leave it idling to slide open the garage door to drive it off. The garage was new and seemingly too well insulated for carbon monoxide poisoning to take place, let alone that quickly, or so she thought. She never had a chance.

After her maid discovered her body seemingly asleep behind the wheel of her car late that Monday morning, an LAPD detective tested out how long he could tolerate staying inside that closed garage with the engine idling, but not revving up, and was pounding on the door to be let out in 90 seconds, coughing with eyes watering. Carbon monoxide in an enclosed space with a car that powerful in that era was quickly deadly.

Previously that summer, there had been a Dick Tracey comic strip running in the Los Angeles Times which had gangster villains about to asphyxiate some trapped victims in a sealed room with the exhaust of a car's racing engine being funneled into the room, but the dialogue from the gangsters to their trapped quarry stated that they'd be dead in about an hour. Turned out that was fictitiously generous compared to how quickly Thelma Todd succumbed.

Coroner's conclusion was that it was an accidental death. Decades later, a former classmate of my two brothers ran a hose from the exhaust pipe of a car into the vehicle, and deliberately took himself out with carbon monoxide.

In this day and age, establishing the presence of dangerous carbon monoxide levels is simple enough with a detector alarm run on a 9 volt battery.

• Wow
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I was looking into the most successful forms of ctb on lostallhope.com and they seem to list CO as the 14th most successful form of suicide.

It has a 71% success rate and it takes up to 22 ninutes to ctb. It's also ranked as number 18 in terms of agony.

I'm not sure if the above information is correct
This will be my method and I'll be using a generator in a car.
I will leave the generator running until it reaches 10,000ppm. I'll enter my car, take a deep breath and ctb.

What do you think about my method vs lostallhope.com?
Do you think they're accurate?
I've read lots of news reports of people dying from CO. Entire families get killed. They die in their sleep quite often.

Reactions: justsad&done and Gnip
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah it will kill the shit out of you. Many methods using this, such as a generator or car, have built in safeguards to prevent it from being accessible. Any method that requires a toxic gas to slowly fill a space is going to take time and be prone to error.

Reactions: adam&eve, profoundexperience and Brokenwithbpd
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Am going by co on sat
How are you holding up
The classic carbon monoxide fatality in Hollywood was Thelma Todd's accidental death after being dropped off from a late party for walking up flights of stairs to a closed garage around 4:30 AM on the morning of Sunday, December 15, 1935. Four books have been written about the first blonde bombshell comedienne in talking pictures, and there has been much speculation that she might have been somehow murdered or committed suicide.

My research aside from the four books written makes it clear though that she succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while revving up her powerful but quiet 1932 Lincoln KB Dual Cowl Phaeton V12 in less than two minutes, possibly after taking a nap in the back seat until daybreak in her full length mink coat. The temperature at that time in the morning was a record low 38 degrees Fahrenheit in Santa Monica, California on the seacoast according to the archival National Weather Service data, so she had to warm up her car in what was essentially a giant refrigerated compartment before she could leave it idling to slide open the garage door to drive it off. The garage was new and seemingly too well insulated for carbon monoxide poisoning to take place, let alone that quickly, or so she thought. She never had a chance.

After her maid discovered her body seemingly asleep behind the wheel of her car late that Monday morning, an LAPD detective tested out how long he could tolerate staying inside that closed garage with the engine idling, but not revving up, and was pounding on the door to be let out in 90 seconds, coughing with eyes watering. Carbon monoxide in an enclosed space with a car that powerful in that era was quickly deadly.

Previously that summer, there had been a Dick Tracey comic strip running in the Los Angeles Times which had gangster villains about to asphyxiate some trapped victims in a sealed room with the exhaust of a car's racing engine being funneled into the room, but the dialogue from the gangsters to their trapped quarry stated that they'd be dead in about an hour. Turned out that was fictitiously generous compared to how quickly Thelma Todd succumbed.

Coroner's conclusion was that it was an accidental death. Decades later, a former classmate of my two brothers ran a hose from the exhaust pipe of a car into the vehicle, and deliberately took himself out with carbon monoxide.

In this day and age, establishing the presence of dangerous carbon monoxide levels is simple enough with a detector alarm run on a 9 volt battery.
So now they have sensors? What happens then

Last edited:
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
So now they have sensors? What happens then

First of all, I need to make a correction in my post on Thelma Todd. I said the garage was seemingly too well insulated when I should have specified "VENTILATED" (and I do have a nasty tendency to reverse my words, among my numerous disabilities). In the Los Angeles Time coverage of Thelma Todd's death, the wife of that garage's owner was quoted as stating that she believed the garage was too well VENTILATED for carbon monoxide poisoning to take place. (In fact when her body was found, the ocean breeze had blown in an accumulation of dust on all the surfaces of the car and garage.) There had been a number of recent accidental deaths from carbon monoxide asphyxiation in enclosed garages in the Los Angeles area (spurring a public safety campaign in newspapers and movie theaters), and the garage she died in had just been constructed with that hazard in mind, but hers was an unusually big and powerful car engine by the standards of that era. (It was the first V12 engine Lincoln had ever manufactured.)

Modern sensitive carbon monoxide detectors have gotten quite cheap and portable (I actually had a hand held one at my side as I type this). If the alarm of a carbon monoxide detector goes off in the presence of that gas, one can simply remove the battery. A second detector can be used to support and confirm the correct functioning of the first detector, then that battery can be removed as well (or there may be another way to switch these detectors off once the presence of carbon monoxide is confirmed).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_detector

Reactions: Brokenwithbpd