B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
When I ctb, I have a few people I can write pages and pages about for them being the reason I ctb.

Is there any point to it anyways? I feel like when I wrote down their names in my notes, I felt guilty. But why should I feel guilty? My own sister wants nothing to do with me, and my dad makes it known I'm just a burden. Most mostly it all started with my dads wife.... I want to ctb and blame them but it won't do any good

Reactions: terry_a_davis and RainAndSadness
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I personally wouldn't, because I want to go out as I aspired to live, friendly and well meaning

• Love
Reactions: littlelady774, Arvinneedstodie, terry_a_davis and 5 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I would blame them if your note is going to lead to repercussions for their actions in some way. There are a lot of terrible people that get away with things they've done and I wouldn't let them get away with it. I think everyone is going to feel at least a little guilt blaming people they've lived with for decades even if they are awful people.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Bct, sadghost and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Have you spoken out before now, either to each of them or to others about them?

Reactions: autumnal
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
When I ctb, I have a few people I can write pages and pages about for them being the reason I ctb.

Is there any point to it anyways? I feel like when I wrote down their names in my notes, I felt guilty. But why should I feel guilty? My own sister wants nothing to do with me, and my dad makes it known I'm just a burden. Most mostly it all started with my dads wife.... I want to ctb and blame them but it won't do any good
Sounds like maybe some people have wronged you in life. And no doubt having end of life thoughts might make you feel certain things differently. But I think if the guilt is there perhaps you would rather go in peace.

Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Have you spoken out before now, either to each of them or to others about them?
Yes many times
Sounds like maybe some people have wronged you in life. And no doubt having end of life thoughts might make you feel certain things differently. But I think if the guilt is there perhaps you would rather go in peace.
Peace as in to not write it down? Does that include a personal journal?

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I thought of blaming people as well, in suicide note or before it. Its not worth it. I just dropped it all, too much stress. There are certain ppl who caused my husbands death, wich will cause my suicide. But i want that pain to stop with me. In my eyes its not worth prolonging it further, like a chain letter.

Reactions: FreddieQuell, Brokenwithbpd and autumnal
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Yes many times

I hope there's something in this comment that may serve you. Take what does and toss what doesn't. I wish only for your well-being, whatever that looks like to you, but I don't have any desire to influence or control you.

If they haven't listened before or changed their ways, then I think it's unlikely that it will get through to anyone afterward. So if you write to them, I think you should do it for you. But I think it's an unreasonable expectation that anyone will suddenly take responsibility for their actions, or start blaming someone else if they were previously made aware and didn't blame them. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but if that's your motivation, it's not something you have any control over, and they're not anyone you have any control over. What you do have control over is what it will do for you. I have a suspicion you were blamed for a lot of things that weren't your fault, and letters can be a way to have a final word and put responsibility back where it belongs.

If it helps to hear a different experience, I never stopped complaining about having been abused, but I was always shut down, temporarily shut out, etc. In my early 40s, I finally wrote and put responsibility on my parents for my mother's abuse (my dad enabled her) and asked for financial help because I needed treatment for injuries and for PTSD, and they said they would not help (and did not say but implied that they would not take responsibility). Several years later, I got back in contact. I said I love you and I forgive you. But, I did not drop my claim, and I did not deny the truth. So my mother wrote to me that "they didn't want to play the blame games anymore," said they loved me, and said goodbye from her, my dad, and even the pets! My point is, sometimes people will do everything to protect themselves from the truth, and do all kinds of crazy shit (things got crazier after they shunned me, my parents pretended to the world that we still had an emotionally close long-distance relationship). I know for my own parents, they can't face or accept that they experienced some extreme and scary abuse in their own childhoods, so they stand on false foundations; if they accept they abused me, then they have to accept the reasons they abused me, and their foundations crumble. They don't have the inner strength or the resources to manage truth, only false stories that make them feel better about the people they loved who hurt them and about themselves. I was supposed to own all that, become someone other than who I am in order to please them and fit their narrative, and believe in the narrative, too.

Guilt, on the other hand, which you brought up in your OP, I've come to understand through both learning and application is not an emotion, but a negating message with bad feelings attached. Guilt messages usually come up when we're wanting to do something for ourselves, and putting ourselves before others, especially when we truly need to. They're usually bullshit messages that feel very powerful and real. I've done a lot of work around all the guilt messages that came up for rationally choosing to not leave a suicide note for my parents, and every one of them was about protecting them and making things easier for them -- just as I was supposed to do my entire life as the scapegoat and scapemule who bore the blame and the burdens for my mother's abuse and all family dysfunction, even dysfunction in my parents' marriage from at least the time I was a toddler. (Actually, I was apparently quite Machiavellian and controlling before my first words.) Shame messages may also be attached to reinforce the guilt messages. Shame says, "You're not ________ enough," and if that doesn't work, it says, "Who do you think you are?" Or it might even say that first.

Reactions: heraclitus, Isadeth and Philosykos
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Yes many times

Peace as in to not write it down? Does that include a personal journal?
No sorry, I didn't mean not to write it down. I meant it sounded like it was bothering you and would just be more things to think about in the end.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I think you can always make the points known, nothing wrong with that. As far as blaming, I wouldn't do that

Reactions: heraclitus and Brokenwithbpd
S

Saddaisy

Student
May 16, 2020
I plan to Blame my cheating partner, the ugly ghetto man beast whore he cheated with....(although she's probably going to prison for 20 plus years), and a few others.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have mixed feelings about this, on one hand, I could see it as getting the 'last word' in before one goes. As someone who does believe in vengeance and see that it has a purpose in this world, I could empathize and relate to people wanting or getting back at someone who wronged them. On the other hand, I don't really think it makes much a difference (not because I'm being the bigger person or taking the high road), because realistically, you won't be around to witness their reactions, the aftermath, and what not; also there is no guarantee that they would change for the better, sometimes it may only further their already wrong behavior and allow them to justify and rationalize to themselves that they were 'right'. I'm leaning more towards the logical answer, which is that once you dead (gone from this world, existence), nothing matters to you anymore and you wouldn't be around to witness nor experience the aftermath.

E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
YES I BLAME EVERYONE THAT HURT ME.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
when i wrote goodbye letters and videos the people who wronged me the most got a lot of sympathy and kind words from me.. i read them all after first attempt and was shocked and sad..
i couldn't even express the pain when i was so close to the end.. maybe there arent words to describe cruelty when it manifests in potential suicide.. nothing matters.. it mattered back then when it happened and wasnt acknowledged, now im a full blown abomination a lost cause..
the act it self is enough.. the people you leave behind will translate it as they will..
its some what comforting that we have no control..
fuck it

B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I thought of blaming people as well, in suicide note or before it. Its not worth it. I just dropped it all, too much stress. There are certain ppl who caused my husbands death, wich will cause my suicide. But i want that pain to stop with me. In my eyes its not worth prolonging it further, like a chain letter.
Good point. Well how can I write down my thoughts in journals? If they will read them after I die
when i wrote goodbye letters and videos the people who wronged me the most got a lot of sympathy and kind words from me.. i read them all after first attempt and was shocked and sad..
i couldn't even express the pain when i was so close to the end.. maybe there arent words to describe cruelty when it manifests in potential suicide.. nothing matters.. it mattered back then when it happened and wasnt acknowledged, now im a full blown abomination a lost cause..
the act it self is enough.. the people you leave behind will translate it as they will..
its some what comforting that we have no control..
fuck it
Wow good point
I hope there's something in this comment that may serve you. Take what does and toss what doesn't. I wish only for your well-being, whatever that looks like to you, but I don't have any desire to influence or control you.

If they haven't listened before or changed their ways, then I think it's unlikely that it will get through to anyone afterward. So if you write to them, I think you should do it for you. But I think it's an unreasonable expectation that anyone will suddenly take responsibility for their actions, or start blaming someone else if they were previously made aware and didn't blame them. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but if that's your motivation, it's not something you have any control over, and they're not anyone you have any control over. What you do have control over is what it will do for you. I have a suspicion you were blamed for a lot of things that weren't your fault, and letters can be a way to have a final word and put responsibility back where it belongs.

If it helps to hear a different experience, I never stopped complaining about having been abused, but I was always shut down, temporarily shut out, etc. In my early 40s, I finally wrote and put responsibility on my parents for my mother's abuse (my dad enabled her) and asked for financial help because I needed treatment for injuries and for PTSD, and they said they would not help (and did not say but implied that they would not take responsibility). Several years later, I got back in contact. I said I love you and I forgive you. But, I did not drop my claim, and I did not deny the truth. So my mother wrote to me that "they didn't want to play the blame games anymore," said they loved me, and said goodbye from her, my dad, and even the pets! My point is, sometimes people will do everything to protect themselves from the truth, and do all kinds of crazy shit (things got crazier after they shunned me, my parents pretended to the world that we still had an emotionally close long-distance relationship). I know for my own parents, they can't face or accept that they experienced some extreme and scary abuse in their own childhoods, so they stand on false foundations; if they accept they abused me, then they have to accept the reasons they abused me, and their foundations crumble. They don't have the inner strength or the resources to manage truth, only false stories that make them feel better about the people they loved who hurt them and about themselves. I was supposed to own all that, become someone other than who I am in order to please them and fit their narrative, and believe in the narrative, too.

Guilt, on the other hand, which you brought up in your OP, I've come to understand through both learning and application is not an emotion, but a negating message with bad feelings attached. Guilt messages usually come up when we're wanting to do something for ourselves, and putting ourselves before others, especially when we truly need to. They're usually bullshit messages that feel very powerful and real. I've done a lot of work around all the guilt messages that came up for rationally choosing to not leave a suicide note for my parents, and every one of them was about protecting them and making things easier for them -- just as I was supposed to do my entire life as the scapegoat and scapemule who bore the blame and the burdens for my mother's abuse and all family dysfunction, even dysfunction in my parents' marriage from at least the time I was a toddler. (Actually, I was apparently quite Machiavellian and controlling before my first words.) Shame messages may also be attached to reinforce the guilt messages. Shame says, "You're not ________ enough," and if that doesn't work, it says, "Who do you think you are?" Or it might even say that first.
I'd love to rack your brain a bit. So I'm 30 and even since my dad left my mom and I a week before Christmas when i was 12 for his cheating hoe secretary. Well her son raped me for years and my dad called me a liar. Long story short, I've been discarded, don't get invited to family things, my sister what's nothing to do with me.... so I'm kinda just staying here for my mom. Because she really is great.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: K-O
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Good point. Well how can I write down my thoughts in journals? If they will read them after I die
Sketch first. Then start from the begining. If theres multiple reasons, separate in sections

B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I would blame them if your note is going to lead to repercussions for their actions in some way. There are a lot of terrible people that get away with things they've done and I wouldn't let them get away with it. I think everyone is going to feel at least a little guilt blaming people they've lived with for decades even if they are awful people.
I thought I read somewhere years ago that if you name someone in your suicide note, the person can have legal actions against them?

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I thought I read somewhere years ago that if you name someone in your suicide note, the person can have legal actions against them?
I would highly doubt that. Not unless the person mentioned did something illegal and it could be proved.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'd love to rack your brain a bit. So I'm 30 and even since my dad left my mom and I a week before Christmas when i was 12 for his cheating hoe secretary. Well her son raped me for years and my dad called me a liar. Long story short, I've been discarded, don't get invited to family things, my sister what's nothing to do with me.... so I'm kinda just staying here for my mom. Because she really is great.

Not sure what you mean my wanting to rack my brain.

Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
No. Don't do it. People hurt others for a number of reasons. We both know how stressful life can be. Why leave more potential pain to the collective humanity by writing those notes? Ask yourself this question. How does it serve you? You could argue saying these suicide notes + suicide could alter their narcissistic behavior, but it could also traumatize people. Leaving a suicide note saying " YOU ARE THE REASON I DIED." Is not only selfish but also cruel. Sure, people are selfish, but why imitate them? Really, you're gaining 0 because when you're dead.... you are dead. So, I'd say be careful what you say, especially when it's related to something like suicide.

then ask yourself this question. Have you ever hurt anybody?You probably have and likely numerous times. I have and everybody else here with some years on this planet has too. It's a natural process of living.Nobody is a saint...

You have 0 clue how the person will react. Therefore, you have 0 clue how much distress or lack of you're creating in that persons life. Plz, think twice. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: SSlostallhope and Bzrluvtriangle
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
No. Don't do it. People hurt others for a number of reasons. We both know how stressful life can be. Why leave more potential pain to the collective humanity by writing those notes? Ask yourself this question. How does it serve you? You could argue saying these suicide notes + suicide could alter their narcissistic behavior, but it could also traumatize people. Leaving a suicide note saying " YOU ARE THE REASON I DIED." Is not only selfish but also cruel. Sure, people are selfish, but why imitate them? Really, you're gaining 0 because when you're dead.... you are dead. So, I'd say be careful what you say, especially when it's related to something like suicide.

then ask yourself this question. Have you ever hurt anybody?You probably have and likely numerous times. I have and everybody else here with some years on this planet has too. It's a natural process of living.Nobody is a saint...

You have 0 clue how the person will react. Therefore, you have 0 clue how much distress or lack of you're creating in that persons life. Plz, think twice. Thank you

Honestly, I see all almost all emotional appeal in this and very little logical appeal. It sounds to me like condemning Greek chorus appeals to guilt and shame, which illustrates my earlier comment:

Guilt, on the other hand, which you brought up in your OP, I've come to understand through both learning and application is not an emotion, but a negating message with bad feelings attached. Guilt messages usually come up when we're wanting to do something for ourselves, and putting ourselves before others, especially when we truly need to. They're usually bullshit messages that feel very powerful and real. I've done a lot of work around all the guilt messages that came up for rationally choosing to not leave a suicide note for my parents, and every one of them was about protecting them and making things easier for them -- just as I was supposed to do my entire life as the scapegoat and scapemule who bore the blame and the burdens for my mother's abuse and all family dysfunction, even dysfunction in my parents' marriage...Shame messages may also be attached to reinforce the guilt messages. Shame says, "You're not ________ enough," and if that doesn't work, it says, "Who do you think you are?" Or it might even say that first.

I do agree that it's wise to ask oneself, but without any judgment or condemnation, instead with open curiosity: "How does this serve me?" and/or "What are my motivations and goals for doing this?"

Last edited:
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
Honestly, I see all almost all emotional appeal in this and very little logical appeal. It sounds to me like condemning Greek chorus appeals to guilt and shame, which illustrates my earlier comment:

I do agree that it's wise to ask oneself, but without any judgment or condemnation, instead with open curiosity: "How does this serve me?" and/or "What are my motivations and goals for doing this?"

The logical appeal ? What's the logical appeal in writing those notes? I already explained why it's illogical.Tell me where I went wrong if u disagree. I'd appreciate the feedback. I'd also love to have a nice open discussion. I feel strong about this topic.

1.) illogical because you gain nothing by writing those notes. You will be dead. What is gained from this decision?

If you're to gain NOTHING, What is the price tag to such a decision? That's the second question one should ask.

2.) Suicide notes like these can cause serious damage to people. I guess OP wants to get "revenge" because he feels like some people did him wrong. First, we are not judges. We're not qualified to condemn his abusers to any punishment. Secondly, we have no clue how such a note will impact the person. What it, just what if, the person reads the multiple page note w explicit descriptions on how he/she is the scum of the earth and why he/she is the primary reason for why a person ctbed and then proceeds to commit suicide themselves. Is this to you "justice served?" By what standards? Elaborate if u can. That's why I said " be careful" because this isn't a meager accusation. It really isnt... Sure, it's "revenge" in the form of emotional abuse.

My point is very simple and logical. 0 benefit + potential for a wide range of reactions(your revenge with this note could range from futility to a very traumatic experience.)Theres no point. You CANT predict how the receiver of the note will take this.
Secondly, all good punishment should be built on the goal of rehabilitation. Punishment for the sake of punishments is a vicious and dangerous circle.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSlostallhope and Bzrluvtriangle
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020

I don't know about legal repercussions; I was thinking more about the social repercussions of other people knowing what they did. Evil people should be held accountable for their actions or they will continue doing awful things, that's just my two cents. I'm sorry for what happened to you, things like that are a constant reminder of why I'd have no issue with humanity disappearing from the face of the Earth.

Meena

Meena

Student
Jun 7, 2018
Personally i won't blame anyone in my note. And believe me i was really hurt by people. The best thing to do for me is to ignore them in my death. They are not worthy

Reactions: littlelady774 and Brokenwithbpd
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
OP you'll be dead and can't gain anything when dead. I suppose a positive possible outcome might be if whoever you blame, if they are capable of it, learns from it and doesn't do again what was done to you. Personally I wouldn't kill myself to try to achieve this. As you state it probably won't work.

HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
Personally I wouldn't even bother when it comes to blaming someone even though I do have grounds to do so. I'm gonna be gone anyway, I'll write a few I'm sorry to the people I care about and that's all. Just leave the people who've wronged me in the past.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I plan to do the same thing. Write a bunch of suicide notes to let every fucker who hurt me suffer some bit of pain knowing they were there reasons I killed myself