nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
The police and my parents were talking about kicking me out at the start of the year. They caught me using weed to self medicate my mental illness and my mom got the police to give me a talk about getting kicked out. I'm 22. They say that I'll have to steal when I'm homeless and that'll mean I'll most likely end up in jail. Is this true?

kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i suppose it depends on where you live - i know that in the UK, there are programs dedicated to aiding homeless but there's a long wait list or some other issues, etc. do you have any friends or other family you could stay with?

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
i suppose it depends on where you live - i know that in the UK, there are programs dedicated to aiding homeless but there's a long wait list or some other issues, etc. do you have any friends or other family you could stay with?

No. I'm an immigrant here in Ireland. No friends and my extended family lives back in Africa.

kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
No. I'm an immigrant here in Ireland. No friends and my extended family lives back in Africa.

sorry to hear that /: i haven't familiarised myself with the process but a google search says that you could apply for emergency accommodation? i'd recommend you look into it yourself or look into other homeless experiences for guidance. i hope you find a solution (:

L

luneetétoiles

Jun 2, 2020
I've been homeless in temporary accommodation and it's pretty shit. Easily one of the most stressful and desperate times of my life.

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers and x-Ace-x
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I don't know as luckily I've never experienced it myself (knock on wood) but I would avoid it at all costs. By all accounts it's dreadful and very stressful not to mention dangerous and unhealthy.

Committing felonies and crimes generally leads to prison sentences yes.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
wasn't for my family i would be on the streets, since i can't function correctly in jobs and keep getting fired

• Love
Reactions: LadyPanda and x-Ace-x
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
The police and my parents were talking about kicking me out at the start of the year. They caught me using weed to self medicate my mental illness and my mom got the police to give me a talk about getting kicked out. I'm 22. They say that I'll have to steal when I'm homeless and that'll mean I'll most likely end up in jail. Is this true?
im 23 ,im pretty sure most homeless people don't steal - some beg for money I've seen some here.. but you know ,if being homeless would mean that I'd have friends then I'd rather be homeless too ! You should look in to try getting a license for weed cause i think in Ireland it's not allowed at all or whatever ,that's what my mother told me long ago and we don't live there but my mammys family does

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
its not necessarily true, no. are there homeless shelters near you?

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Largely depends on you, like your drive and personality and where you live and how you grew up. Some people learn how to float through life never having money or owning anything and maybe the grew constantly moving learning to adjust to new surroundings. Some live on the streets others couch surf and are quick to make friends or find others willing to help. Some are having trouble managing it, they're too ashamed to beg or ask for help, or simply don't know. Perhaps this is just an additional problem to a pile they already have, and being homeless is just too much.
There's a huge amount of homeless in my city, some are better at surviving at others. Some even maintain jobs and such while still being homeless, while others become victims of drugs or their minds.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yes, ofcourse it is. Despite my circumstances, I still recognize that a roof over my head is one of the last privileges I have left. You definitely don't want to lose that, especially if you are not doing well over all.
Can you try to get on disability if you've been diagnosed with a mental illness? Then at least you can afford a small enough place to stay off the streets.

Did you tell them the reason you were using it? Why won't they help you medicate properly if you actually think that will work?

Reactions: Skathon
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Only have secondhand knowledge from a friend who was homeless for half a year, but he was pretty clear that time was the worst period of his life.