TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I'm feeling pretty fucking low right now. And it's all family related. Keep in mind, I'm introverted, to the extreme. But my wife and children are extremely extroverted. The noise nevervends : laughing, shouting, talking, etc. Just them talking about stuff sucks my energy.

I just want it to end. Anything. The only thing keeping me alive is responsibility for bring in a paycheck. I so want to be gone. Have SN, tagamet, and an antiemetic. Just no place to die where I can't be caught. Or have enough trust to meet up with someone..

Keep me in thoughts. This is a tough day...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: a_strange_day, charlottewilts, beyondbreath and 6 others
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
You're in our thoughts. This community cares about each other.

Noise annoyance is associated with depression and anxiety. I do not know if you have either of that. Also, there are 2 other medical conditions called hyperacusis and misophonia where the person has low tolerance to particular type of noise.

I am sorry you are going through this pain. But I also admire that you realize your responsibility as the bread-winner of the family and your obligations to your wife and children.

Once again, you will be in our thoughts and I hope you find contentment and happiness again in life. *hugs*

• Hugs
Reactions: protonic76, Cevapcici, BlueWidow and 3 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
noisy cars, and street traffic drives me nuts most time, cant stand people anymore, their need to constantly talk about superficial and unnecessary stuff...
there is even a thing called 'introvert burnout' which kicks in for me after prolonged time around others

spending a whole week alone somewhere like a forest sounds like a good vacation for me also from a health perspective but its hard to grasp for extroverts since most of them believe introverts need to be 'fixed' in some way haha

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _PRETTYLIGHTS, TowerUpright, a_strange_day and 2 others
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Until recently every sound sounded really loud. It wasn't until recently it died down. I'm also extremely introverted at times. I need a lot of quiet time. I could never take lots of noise and chatter.my triggers are doors slamming, fast movements. I need things gentle, smooth, quiet

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _PRETTYLIGHTS, a_strange_day, _Minsk and 3 others
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Thanks, all. I seriously have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do. If I could make myself deaf, I would.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'm weird I'm the complete opposite, I can deal with noise better than I can with being in complete silence. It can get very irritating and feel so sketchy for me especially being self isolated inside the house I don't watch tv anymore let alone listen to music like a lot people here do. And being all alone all by myself with my thoughts like tonight makes me try to distract myself even harder even though it never fully helps since I'm never really interested in whatever I'm senselessly scrolling on my phone. Anhedonia added with the constant boredom is a bitch and the nights are too long and too quiet to deal with it. Such a wonderful pointless existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: TowerUpright, a_strange_day, charlottewilts and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I get triggered by noise too. It's a symptom of PTSD. I particularly hate sudden loud noises that come out of nowhere. I keep the ringer on my phone turned off for that reason. If the phone suddenly rings and it's really quiet, I'll jump straight up in the air because it startles me to the extreme. I also hate the sound of little kids running around screaming. It's like nails on a blackboard to me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: justanotherday, TowerUpright, a_strange_day and 4 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I'm very sensitive to noise when I am at home, especially human noise. Neighbors talking too loud, children crying, music, subwoofer vibrations etc...Human related noises drive me crazy. I've always been like that. But noise doesn't bother me at all when I'm outside. Home for me is like some kind of refuge, the only place on earth where I can really isolate myself and find some peace, so I can't stand it when some disrespectful asshole tries to take that from me.

• Hugs
Reactions: justanotherday, BlueWidow, TowerUpright and 1 other person