S

SodaBaconWeed

Jul 22, 2020
The fear of being homeless when my parents pass is the main reason, if not the only, that I want to suicide. I constantly think about what I am going to do to survive when they are gone since I have no job and am on disability which means I get money from the government but its not in my name my mother is my rep payee. That means that when she passes I'll have no one to be my rep payee which could land me without a home with no money.

Constantly I think about just breaking laws (non-violent for now) to end up in jail so I can have a roof over my head with three meals. I was in jail for 1 month before I was transfered to a mental hospital and I hated it so much it was so depressing. But at least I didnt have to worry about how and where I was going to sleep which homelessness is.

Homelessness is driving me to suicide and I am so upset that the government wont do more to help those that are homeless. No wonder there is so much crime because I think a lot of those criminals are just people fed up with having no shelter (even shelters kick you out in the morning or worse you cant stay more than 30 days) that do something vile to end up somewhere they get a meal and bed.

I also think about life without my parents since I have no friends or other family and it brings so much panic that jail feels like a place I'll at least have others around me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: andy69, ohhgeeitsme, Meditation guide and 19 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yes!! It's such a nightmare, I would rather be dead than homeless, there is no question. I have spent so long agonising in fear about the possibility. Why should I (or anyone) be forced to face the possibility of such horrendous circumstances? There is no justification for it. It is part of the inherent cruelty of life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: andy69, ohhgeeitsme, Taki and 7 others
J

jesterhead9675

Jul 9, 2020
I think about this as well. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Disco Biscuit
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Homelessness is instant CTB territory for me. I've known enough homeless people to know what kinda hell that is.

Reactions: Loner
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
Homelessness is instant CTB territory for me. I've known enough homeless people to know what kinda hell that is.

I feel the same way. If I'm ever to a point where homelessness is a serious concern, I'm taking the SN method immediately after I print my suicide notes and put them in an envelope letter addressed to specific members of my family. That's literally all I need to plan for so nothing super time consuming. I'm really sorry that anyone has to face this situation because it's tragic and painful and cruel.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, andy69 and Busdriver
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have been homeless before (2 occasions once in extreme heat and once in extreme cold) and it was complete torture hell.. so I have a huge fear of becoming homeless again. The only reason I survived was because I had a car. It's a fear that's always in the back of my mind.

Reactions: toms_space_station
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Not quite, but I have a terrible living situation with my father which is miserable. I'm not allowed to reside in any apartments, and living on my own would potentially be impossible, both thanks to probation restrictions/criminal record. And I'm only 20!

• Hugs
Reactions: andy69, ohhgeeitsme and toms_space_station
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yes. Just shows how fucked up this world is

Reactions: ohhgeeitsme and toms_space_station
toms_space_station

toms_space_station

Alien Observer
Jul 22, 2020
Yes.
I have always feared homelessness.
In my mind I have always associated homelessness with my own failure;
and as I got older, I realized the possibility of homelessness grows as my parents grow weaker.

I feel that in a way, homelessness is just one challenge of many.
People can and have overcome it.
Yet I don't think I am mentally prepared for that battle though.
Many of us are already having battles of self-hatred and self-inflicting punishment.

In a way I see homelessness as abandonment, as if you are being thrown out into the wilderness.
Because nothing can be done with you, you are regarded as a lesser human being.
Because the system and doctors have failed;
and I will discover my true self when I am alone and broke.

I hope to follow through with my plan before this happens.
But I think of my family.
And I feel that guilt that terrorizes me at night.

Homelessness to me is not the end, but may very well be the breaking point.

Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, SodaBaconWeed, charlottewilts and 1 other person
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I actually enjoyed homelessness in UK when I was psychotic. If it was my only problem I wouldn't care.

H

heatdeath

Sep 20, 2018
Yes!! It's such a nightmare, I would rather be dead than homeless, there is no question. I have spent so long agonising in fear about the possibility. Why should I (or anyone) be forced to face the possibility of such horrendous circumstances? There is no justification for it. It is part of the inherent cruelty of life.

Agreed. When I was unemployed for about three years, I almost used the only money that I had left to buy N. The feeling that everyone around me had a great job and was thriving in life except for me was a fucking nightmare. Thankfully I landed something and my life has evened out I guess, but I never want to be put in that awful position again.

Reactions: Superdeterminist and Busdriver
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes. Technically I'am already housing insecure so I think about it a lot. I want to go before the winter hits again. Lockdown plus winter months is too much. They will lockdown again.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I do know that if I'm on the brink of homelessness, it would just expedite my wanting to CTB because I could not imagine not only being plagued with my personal and circumstantial reasons, but also facing a real, imminent threat of the elements, starvation, lack of safety (being in public 24/7 with no shelter or in dangerous places), and other stuff. I would not fancy starvation, illness, elements, and/or getting beat up and left to die or stuff, I'd much rather die quickly and painlessly.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Superdeterminist
S

SodaBaconWeed

Jul 22, 2020
I have been homeless before (2 occasions once in extreme heat and once in extreme cold) and it was complete torture hell.. so I have a huge fear of becoming homeless again. The only reason I survived was because I had a car. It's a fear that's always in the back of my mind.

how did you make it out of homelessness? Did you have income from a government social security?
Bitch I've been homeless for years. If you're a man push through it. If you're a lady I can maybe understand...but all women are unicorns.

I genuinely would like to know how you made it through it and how you manage to post here ? From a library? Homelessness is cruel to me since I have no idea where to sleep, eat, use the bathroom if the time comes. just the thought that I could lose my ID and lose many privileges like a bank account access puts me in dread.

Last edited:
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
how did you make it out of homelessness? Did you have income from a government social security?

I genuinely would like to know how you made it through it and how you manage to post here ? From a library? Homelessness is cruel to me since I have no idea where to sleep, eat, use the bathroom if the time comes. just the thought that I could lose my ID and lose many privileges like a bank account access puts me in dread.

Move to Los Angeles, pan-handle, get on GR and food stamps or Snap. I have a cell phone. I'd make about $50-100$ per day panhandling on average. 20 or 30 on a slow day. GR is 220 per month 9months out of the year. I found an office building to sleep in indoors at night. You gotta work your shit is all.

Stimulus money is nice.

I also try to travel and do clinical trials.

Last edited:
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019

Nope no government help or social security. My fiance at the time went out and worked odd jobs (lots of manual labor Craigslist ads where people needed help for a day). And then finally family let us come stay with them to get back on our feet

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
The fear of being homeless when my parents pass is the main reason, if not the only, that I want to suicide. I constantly think about what I am going to do to survive when they are gone since I have no job and am on disability which means I get money from the government but its not in my name my mother is my rep payee. That means that when she passes I'll have no one to be my rep payee which could land me without a home with no money.

Constantly I think about just breaking laws (non-violent for now) to end up in jail so I can have a roof over my head with three meals. I was in jail for 1 month before I was transfered to a mental hospital and I hated it so much it was so depressing. But at least I didnt have to worry about how and where I was going to sleep which homelessness is.

Homelessness is driving me to suicide and I am so upset that the government wont do more to help those that are homeless. No wonder there is so much crime because I think a lot of those criminals are just people fed up with having no shelter (even shelters kick you out in the morning or worse you cant stay more than 30 days) that do something vile to end up somewhere they get a meal and bed.

I also think about life without my parents since I have no friends or other family and it brings so much panic that jail feels like a place I'll at least have others around me.
I'm in the same boat

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I can relate. I currently live with family whom I'm relying on in many ways for my daily living. If it came down to it, I would rather die than be homeless, and I would ctb if it ever came down to that

Reactions: Superdeterminist and Mistry420
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I was about a month away from being totally flat broke earlier this year, though I managed to find a job out of the blue.

To be honest I kind of hoped that becoming homeless would have made it easier to CTB. I feel shame to have taken the easy, comfortable path to have just gone back to living in misery.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i am being threatened with homelessness if i dont hang myself (pretty sick) so bring it on the weather is warm and i have a small income i'll be ok until my death

• Wow
Reactions: TotallyIsolated
Mistry420

Mistry420

I don’t even like rollercoasters
Feb 11, 2020
I was in the same boat in March, in fact my CTB date was 29th March with SN but I kept trying everything before that date and finally got it all sorted and was eventually helped, next thing you know it's 5th April and I'm moved to a better stable place, it's not a mansion but it is a roof, if you're on disability definitely make sure you are automatically added as your own payer if anything - are your parents due to pass? Sorry just asking like do you have time to pattern stuff ?

It's enough to be suicidal but homelessness and suicidal thoughts lead down one road,
Can't solve all our problems just ones in our control, I have faith that you will be okay, the fact you're thinking ahead shows you have strength .

you will find a way I can feel it x

Reactions: Meditation guide
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
i am being threatened with homelessness if i dont hang myself (pretty sick) so bring it on the weather is warm and i have a small income i'll be ok until my death
That sounds awful I'm sorry.

Reactions: Meditation guide and sadbadpsychogirl
Mistry420

Mistry420

Feb 11, 2020
Wait what? Who? Where are you

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
my family is being kind enough to let me stay with them until my supplies arrive. they hate me because of a false rumor that im some kind of sexual predator. yeah nice huh? but its all good now i just talked to my aunt
my family is being kind enough to let me stay with them until my supplies arrive. they hate me because of a false rumor that im some kind of sexual predator. yeah nice huh? but its all good now i just talked to my aunt
it's ok death is the best thing for me now once people think that there's no coming back... i just wish they had let me take the damn lie detector:notsure:

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited and TotallyIsolated
Mistry420

Mistry420

Feb 11, 2020
im not at serious risk in the short term, but with my issues i am long term. I've also thought about committing crime serious enough to land me in club fed, so i can relate to that

If you're gonna do a crime might aswell do one that pays with no casa HMP, otherwise ur future self will have a roof and criminal record that puts u ina cycle and the police don't care about that

Be smart, make and save money - and fuck the po-lice

Our lives, are our TV shows - we gotta spice them up, we gonna make them look good and feel good, and if you say you're disabled then kerchingggg you can live your best life on the council

Just stay true to yourself, don't do something reckless to get long time in cells u already said u didn't like it x

J

Jeff_The_Cursed

Jul 21, 2020
This definitely is part of why I'm entertaining the idea.

S

SodaBaconWeed

Jul 22, 2020
I was in the same boat in March, in fact my CTB date was 29th March with SN but I kept trying everything before that date and finally got it all sorted and was eventually helped, next thing you know it's 5th April and I'm moved to a better stable place, it's not a mansion but it is a roof, if you're on disability definitely make sure you are automatically added as your own payer if anything - are your parents due to pass? Sorry just asking like do you have time to pattern stuff ?

It's enough to be suicidal but homelessness and suicidal thoughts lead down one road,
Can't solve all our problems just ones in our control, I have faith that you will be okay, the fact you're thinking ahead shows you have strength .

you will find a way I can feel it x

I can't make myself my payee because I originally had my mom as my payee when I first was approved for disability years ago when I was in my twenties. I'm 35 now and I don't know what would happen if I got a letter from a psychiatrist or psychologist saying I'm of sound mind to handle my own finances. I fear it could trigger the government saying I'm well now and stop my income. Hence, why I want to suicide since I'll eventually be alone with no money to stay in the house. It's haunting me that my mother will be gone one day, especially right now with COVID-19. I'm so attached to her it hurts. She doesn't have an ailment right now but I am projecting at my future since she is 65 right now so she's getting up there. I so want her to live long enough to see me pass first but that's a wish. If I could get a cancer that would be a way since I smoke. I'm literally like a baby if she and my dad pass away.

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Homelessness equals catching the bus for me—and quickly. I can't imagine myself in that situation, and would consider death a real blessing.

Reactions: Meditation guide