RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Just wondering if anyone else is taking a course online. The constant youtube ads for them were targeting me pretty hard and I eventually gave into one on Coursera. I'm currently taking one for scientific writing, and it's been pretty okay. I struggle to concentrate, stay still, and just watch the damn videos. I guess my mental capacities are going downhill. Somehow I've managed to complete 6 out of the 8 weeks but it's been hard.

If any of y'all are doing online coursework, what are you studying? After this stint, I might try my hand at web development courses if they aren't too expensive.

• Love
Reactions: madbananas and Deleted member 17331
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Open Culture has many free online courses:

Harvard has free online courses:

You can block ads on youtube:

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, madbananas and RileyTanaka
R

RedShoes

Aug 8, 2019
Hey, I'm currently doing a Java course that I've not done anything more on for about a month...still only on basic too. :/

Try freecodecamp for free web development courses.

And also, good luck. :)

Reactions: sufferingalways and RileyTanaka
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Open Culture has many free online courses:

Harvard has free online courses:

You can block ads on youtube:

Spent all afternoon like a kid in th candy store, browsing open culture. Thank you so much for this referral!

I will need to google adblock for Firefox. I don't trust Chrome.

Reactions: sufferingalways
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
@RileyTanaka

Open Culture has sooo much stuff.. Pretty Amazing.. Archaeology courses, Architecture courses.. Language lessons, Lectures.. What did you find that intrigued you :smiling:

• Love
Reactions: RileyTanaka
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
@RileyTanaka

Open Culture has sooo much stuff.. Pretty Amazing.. Archaeology courses, Architecture courses.. Language lessons, Lectures.. What did you find that intrigued you :smiling:
I know - you're a real pal for passing this along so thanks again. I found so much stuff I want to dip my toe in - web development (CSS, HTML, Javascript), leadership skills, conflict management, Python, bookkeeping, music... there's so much great stuff I'm still wading through... my partner and I spent some time today watching Earthlings from the movies section. Are you taking anything at the moment?

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
OMG, thank you SO much. You're a lifesaver!!
You're welcome. I suppose it's a good time to link this resource too >> https://www.privacytools.io/

There's a section dedicated for Web Browsers, more specifically there's a page dedicated to what add-ons to install too. Some like HTTPS-Everywhere have become unnecessary because by default Firefox is always priortizing HTTPS connections over HTTP.

Last edited:
Reactions: sufferingalways, Skathon and RileyTanaka