MarsProxy

MarsProxy

Nov 27, 2023
This is why my partner is dead, actually. They kept denying him meds for a condition he was diagnosed with and instead focused on depression. None of those anti-depressants helped him. Their condescending paternalism and dehumanization ended up increasing his suicidal thoughts.

• Aww..
Reactions: bebebeep, mywayout, Kit1 and 1 other person
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
more like because of the people in my country...

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I was feeling suicidal and a doctor managed to keep me alive. Then his boss (the person who owned the surgery probably) decided that to access medical services, all the patients have to jumps hoops. Now if end my life, it is essentially because the NHS is not able to provide care due to not meeting my accessibility needs. That is how I ended up on this forum - it replaced the medical services.

Reactions: mywayout
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
oh definitely. the mental health services in my area have failed myself and some of my friends, who ended up following through with their CTB plans as a result of their incompetence. it is so incredibly frustrating giving life one last try and trying to improve your situation, just to be denied help by the people who are supposed to help you! its awful :(

Reactions: Kit1 and mywayout
mywayout

mywayout

𝙴𝚡𝚒𝚝 ➔
Sep 22, 2023
Their condescending paternalism and dehumanization ended up increasing his suicidal thoughts.
this. people try to fix the symptoms and not the person. in my opinion the only source of meaningful support is from those who have been through the same. you can't learn to swim from a book.
I was feeling suicidal and a doctor managed to keep me alive. Then his boss (the person who owned the surgery probably) decided that to access medical services, all the patients have to jumps hoops. Now if end my life, it is essentially because the NHS is not able to provide care due to not meeting my accessibility needs. That is how I ended up on this forum - it replaced the medical services.
i'm sorry to hear that. the NHS is just garbage and dealing with the system itself is enough to make anyone depressed, let alone limiting a patient's access to care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1 and MarsProxy