BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I have a neurological disease that makes restorative sleep impossible. I'm just curious if anyone else has been brought to this point because of sleep issues.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SenseOfLoss, anhedonicNfoggy, TheGoodGuy and 4 others
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I don't have a neurological disorder that I know of but I do have very severe insomnia and it absolutely is a huge contributing factor to me wanting to die. I'd say it's in my top 3 reasons. If I could sleep 8-10 hours per night with deep sleep I would not be here on this site, most likely. I've tried everything as I'm sure you have as well. Not being able to sleep is pure hell and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. I'm so sorry you're experiencing it. Sleep in my opinion is the most important thing in life for good health. Its more important than diet and exercise by far. Without sleep you have nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: SenseOfLoss, bluesoapyskies and krƄkevind
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
yes, i have insomnia and its hell

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SenseOfLoss and toofargone6969
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
I don't have a neurological disorder that I know of but I do have very severe insomnia and it absolutely is a huge contributing factor to me wanting to die. I'd say it's in my top 3 reasons. If I could sleep 8-10 hours per night with deep sleep I would not be here on this site, most likely. I've tried everything as I'm sure you have as well. Not being able to sleep is pure hell and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. I'm so sorry you're experiencing it. Sleep in my opinion is the most important thing in life for good health. Its more important than diet and exercise by far. Without sleep you have nothing.
Indeed, without sleep you have nothing. Part of my disease includes insomnia. Even when my pain is under control I still can't sleep. I can lie in bed for hours, sometimes all night, without being able to cross the bridge from wakefulness to sleep. It's torture. I'm truly sorry you struggle with it too. Thank you so much for your response.

• Hugs
Reactions: SenseOfLoss and toofargone6969

Aug 25, 2023
Just about every night I'd wake up randomly around 0200 and takes a while to fall back asleep but most of the time I'd just end up waking up tired anyways, starting the day with headaches

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
yes, i have insomnia and its hell
I'm sorry šŸ˜ž Yes it is definitely hell to desperately want and need sleep yet be unable to get it. My record is 5 days with nary a wink.

• Hugs
Reactions: jessisme
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I have a neurological disease that makes restorative sleep impossible. I'm just curious if anyone else has been brought to this point because of sleep issues.
I have intermittent sleep problems. At times they've been indescribably bad. I feel so sorry for you.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
I have intermittent sleep problems. At times they've been indescribably bad. I feel so sorry for you.
Thank you. It's been like this for 20 years and the last 10 have been unbearable. I sleep in increments of 30 to 60 minutes, that's if I'm lucky enough to sleep at all. And when I do sleep, I wake up 1,000 times more tired than when I went to bed. The sleep deprivation and chronic unrelenting exhaustion make my life a living hell. My doctor is a professor at one of the top medical schools in the country and has told me there's nothing more he can do as we've reached the end of the line as far as treatments go. That said, I think at almost 51 years old euthanasia should be one of my options. It probably would be if I lived in a civilized first world country like Canada or Belgium or Switzerland.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
N

Nothere01

Apr 13, 2023
I also suffered from severe insomnia, there is a psychiatric medicine called "Seroquel" it is an antipsychotic medicine and it works for sleep, it puts me to sleep all night long, have you tried it? i take 200mg tablet at night, there is a terrible side effect though that might or might not happen if you take that medicine, the side effect is called "tardive dyskinesia" it is an uncontrollable movement disorder where you are moving yourself all the time, it is a terrible medical condition but i have taken seroquel for about 15 years and don't have that medical condition, but i am planning on ctb before i get that disease. If you ever get that disease there is a medicine for it called "Ingrezza" that's supposed to help with that.

polka slide

polka slide

tired
Aug 23, 2023
this is one of the reasons why i want to ctb. my sleep is never regular, i can sleep like 4 hours max before waking up and not being able to fall asleep again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and SenseOfLoss
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
it's not my main reason but I do have idiopathic hypersomnia that's been hell to live with. I can't afford to get medication for it anymore so I just have to suffer through it. sleep disorders aren't taken seriously enough in society unfortunately

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
I "blew out" three discs in my neck at once doing some pretty basic light overhead lifting. I subsequently was told I have degenerative disc disease in my neck. I have been in a constant state of discomfort since this happened in July and there is no comfortable sleep position. I sleep four hours tops, if at all. I fear it's going to be like this for the rest of my life and yeah it really sealed the deal for me as far as ctb goes. I have dark circles under my eyes and I'm in a bad mood all the time incapable of even sitting down without gobbling nsaids like candy. I'm only 39 this is shit I thought wouldn't happen until my 60's.