sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've become obsessed with skincare to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging. Does anyone have any tips and tricks?

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Rocinante
Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I'm not. I'm ugly, so there's no point to obsess with something I can't change.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, vadim, LastFlowers and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Does anyone have any tips and tricks?
Retinoids/tretinoin, sbf sunscreen, hyaluronic acid, b5 moisturizer, drink plenty of water, sleep on back, and don't be so expressive.

Also, I have dermaroller but don't use it since it's too painful

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, vadim and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Retinoids/tretinoin, sbf sunscreen, hyaluronic acid, b5 moisturizer, drink plenty of water, sleep on back, and don't be so expressive.
What's b5 moisturizer? What about Vitamin C?

Reactions: Rocinante
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
tumblr_ovk1vvtE7p1qhy6c9o1_1280.gif

Reactions: Rocinante, 4am and sserafim
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
I have the opposite problem. I'm incapable of caring about what others think lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Moisturizing cream, I use it to combat excessive bathing since it dries my skin.

Forget to mention, I use it together with hyaluronic acid
Do you have like a specific routine?

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Yes, I worry too much about my appearance and body image. I stare for long periods of the time in the mirror hyperfocusing on any flaw I see. I also have a tendency to rip/yank out body hair, no matter how painful it is. I guess that's just another form of self harm. I also regularly go to the spa and get pedicures because I'm very self conscious about getting calluses on my feet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and vadim
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023

This is all good advice, also make sure to regularly wash your sheets and pillowcase and look into getting a 100% silk pillowcase if you can, it helps to minimise hair damage as well. Make sure to wear spf every time you go outside or sit next to windows, no matter the weather or time of year.

It's very important to have a consistent skincare routine if you want to see results, and the best way to ensure you're consistent is to have a simple, manageable routine. It's no use having 12 steps if you end up skipping it a lot because you're too tired at night or running late in the morning. The essentials in the AM are cleanser and spf (moisturiser as well if your suncreen doesn't feel moisturising enough), and for PM, cleanser and moisturiser, a double cleanse if you wear makeup (first an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, then a cleaner that targets whatever your skin concern is (acne, dryness, etc.). You can add extra serums or treatments in between. Also, if you use retinoids/retinol/tretinoin make sure to only use them at night, NOT in the morning, because they increase uv ray sensitivity. Sorry if you're a skincare nerd and know a lot of this stuff already.

I can't give specific recommendations for products without knowing your personal skin concerns, but I'll give you my routine for my acne and rosacea (joy!) prone skin

AM:
  1. Cerave Blemish Control Cleanser
  2. The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
  3. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume (great b5 cream)
  4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Hydrating Lotion Ultra Resistant SPF 50
PM:
  1. Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil (go for the cheapest unscented oil cleanser you can find, you're only using it as a makeup remover so there's no point in shelling out a ton of money for this step)
  2. Cerave Blemish Control Cleanser
  3. The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
  4. Cerave Retinol Serum
  5. Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 Cream
  6. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume
  7. Cerave Moisturising Cream
Once every other week I use The Ordinary's Peeling Solution AHA 30% + BHA 2% to exfoliate or a kaolin clay mask from The Inkey List for oil control. My routine is a bit complex, you certainly could skip all the steps in between cleanser and spf/moisturiser.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

What SPF do you recommend? How do you be less expressive?
  1. Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 Cream
I used to have the Mucin Power Essence, but my sister stole and used up all of it. I don't have any skin concerns. I just want to prevent damage and wrinkles lol
Moisturizing cream, I use it to combat excessive bathing since it dries my skin.

Forget to mention, I use it together with hyaluronic acid
Omg I didn't realize it was literally Vitamin B5 😅 lmao

Last edited: