Alex

Alex

May 28, 2018
I really want to die, but I'm intimidated by the permanence of death. Like if I regret it, i can't go back. But i really want to die so badly. My life is just sitting here waiting to die because I'm too scared to do it myself

Reactions: souljah222, Hotsackage, bag.of.cats and 11 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
What would you regret unless you've tried everything you can to beat?

Reactions: Schopenhauer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Empty RN
Empty RN

Empty RN

Student
Oct 25, 2018
I'm sure I've thought about this before. We're all going to die at some point though, there is nothing we can do about that. I know my life right now feels like a consistent job with no joy nor excitement or care for anything.

Reactions: souljah222, Dead Meat, WaitingForTheBus and 5 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
All you're doing is speeding up the inevitable. Remember, only the living can experience regret. Not the dead.

Reactions: souljah222, sadsoul, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I really want to die, but I'm intimidated by the permanence of death. Like if I regret it, i can't go back. But i really want to die so badly. My life is just sitting here waiting to die because I'm too scared to do it myself

That pretty much sums up my entire conflict. I wish I had an answer, but I don't --yet.

I can tell you that I am 99% certain there is something after death, because of an experience I had that I can't deny or write off, despite my skepticism of such woowoo, but I feel funny advocating it for anyone else, and that last 1% uncertainy obviously bothers me enough I haven't yet flagged down the bus.

Reactions: Red star, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa
N

nuclearsnake

Student
Jul 11, 2018
All you're doing is speeding up the inevitable. Remember, only the living can experience regret. Not the dead.

This is what I'm telling myself whenever I get scared of death. It's going to happen anyway. Whatever. Doubt there's anything coming up that would be worth 50+ more years of suffering.

Reactions: Maravillosa, Dead Meat, sadsoul and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
This is what I'm telling myself whenever I get scared of death. It's going to happen anyway. Whatever. Doubt there's anything coming up that would be worth 50+ more years of suffering.
For me personally, I have no fear of being dead. What scares the hell out of me is suffering while I'm dying. For the most part, the human mind can't comprehend being dead because life is really the only thing we know. I can understand it.

People talk as though they will remain sentient after CTB. You hear a lot of talk about what they will "miss" or "fear" afterwords - even though those capacities will no longer exist.

What will being dead "feel" like? It will feel like nothing. Just like before we were born. None of us had any problems for the 13.8 billion years the universe existed without us. Someday we are all gonna die and remain that way for eternity - Ether by catching the bus or having the bus run us over. Both will result in the same outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honigwaffel, headinghome, Dead Meat and 4 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
The dead have no regrets.

You have to decide now whether life is worth it. It's a decision under uncertainty, sure, but all decisions are like that.

Reactions: Honigwaffel, bag.of.cats, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I can understand you feeling that way, because all we've ever known is existing it's hard to conceive of not existing, but I suppose I'm kind of a nihilist at this point and it's hard to go on living when you don't view anything as an accomplishment, so I'd prefer to not have to sustain my own existence. But when saying that and thinking about it, I suppose I'm not thinking that much about the the permanence of it. As others have said, without this form of cognition, there wouldn't really be any way to regret it and it is inevitable anyway, so it happening sooner rather than later doesn't really bother me.

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I love sleep so I ain't afraid lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Honigwaffel
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Oh yeah definitively. Probably the main reason why I have failed at suicide is because I can never come back if i was actually successful.