Vaermina8

Vaermina8

Peculiar
Jul 24, 2023
I'm sure statistically it's impossible for someone else to not feel this way but I was just being stupidly curious.

Does anyone else feel like they're truly the worst person?
Or better explained in other words, Out of everyone I know personally I feel like I'm the most worthless one.

I can't justify this, I just feel like I'm awful, like I'm worthless. I deserve to be cast away into a forgotten dumpster and never to be showered with goodness again.

It kinda reminds me of the 'Imaginary Audience' thing. Where someone believes everyone is watching and criticizes them, but even when presented with evidence against it they can't shake off the feeling.

It's most strange cause it's on and off, times I can feel fine and then suddenly the hopelessness hits me like a truck.

I think that just further goes to show that it's in my head, but it's fine if I feel hopeless I couldn't care less about me. Honestly I just hope those I love can find peace and joy in their lives.

Anyway, sorry for whoever's time I just wasted reading this, may the rest of your day be as wonderful as it can be.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, gratefulforopenmind, pinkribbonscars and 4 others
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
I'm sure statistically it's impossible for someone else to not feel this way but I was just being stupidly curious.

Or better explained in other words, Out of everyone I know personally I feel like I'm the most worthless one.

I can't justify this, I just feel like I'm awful, like I'm worthless. I deserve to be cast away into a forgotten dumpster and never to be showered with goodness again.

It kinda reminds me of the 'Imaginary Audience' thing. Where someone believes everyone is watching and criticizes them, but even when presented with evidence against it they can't shake off the feeling.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't believe something that isn't objectively true, I just can't shake off the worthlessness. Sorry for whoever's time I just wasted reading this, may the rest of your day be as wonderful as it can be.
Hello Vaermina8,

I can understand your line of thinking. I find that I feel this way too at times. When I try to think about those who I know and close to me, I realise statistically that I am the worst one, with the least things of interest and the one who cannot contribute much of anything to those I know (among other things).

It is an awful possibility to ever think something like this is true, even when you know it is not and should not be. There are realistically so many factors that go into anything being worthless or contributing, that it would be a waste of your own time to try to justify it all. At least, this thought is the thing that comforts me the most in this aspect.
And it really is hard to shake off the feeling, no matter how much nonsense it seems. It is like once you think it, you believe it and nothing else can disprove it while nothing is currently proving it.

If I may say, reading this does not waste someone's time. You didn't hurt anyone by saying this, you did not generalize something or make assumptions about people. The time spent reading this was time acknowledging your feelings. For even a moment, I hope I shared some solidarity with you by reading, Vaermina8. I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything you have said.

All the best to you.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

It's most strange cause it's on and off, times I can feel fine and then suddenly the hopelessness hits me like a truck.

I think that just further goes to show that it's in my head, but it's fine if I feel hopeless I couldn't care less about me. Honestly I just hope those I love can find peace and joy in their lives.

Anyway, sorry for whoever's time I just wasted reading this, may the rest of your day be as wonderful as it can be.
Did anyone in your early life make you feel worthless or tell you that, or verbally abuse you?

U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
yes. with me though I am factually a horrible person. I've done horrible things to people and that's why I don't deserve to live.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023

I used to feel like this very strongly, like I was never even allowed to have existed. I'm guessing you've not been treated very well and lovingly in the past to make you think this, I'm sorry about that.
Eventually for me it left after I started socializing again. Still have the thought when I'm not doing well but it's mostly faded away into the background.

Gotta remember, we're just tiny people with little influence.

wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
i'm a pretty scummy person at the end of the day, but i have my reasons. even if, somehow, you're a terrible person that doesn't mean you aren't worthy of goodness. the idea of worth and worthlessness is a pointless and stupid concept to me personally, we have no control over coming into this world so why should we justify being alive?

Vaermina8

Vaermina8

Peculiar
Jul 24, 2023
Did anyone in your early life make you feel worthless or tell you that, or verbally abuse you?
I can't recall moments but probably not, it's probably all self-inflicted. Or maybe sometimes I just don't have enough thick skin when I play games and sometimes I get hate messages or when I mess something up I punish myself too harshly. I can't stop tho

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I feel it but it is not continuous it comes and goes

chxrryluna

chxrryluna

Aug 15, 2023

i understand.. even in situations where i am supposed to be enjoying myself i always end up feeling hopeless. any self esteem always gets shattered, and being around people becomes extremely draining and it'll be difficult to even get out of bed! the hopelessness is what motivates me to not want to do anything lol ;_;

Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
Definitely understand these kind of feelings.
I have no clue what exactly to say, because it comes and goes with me also.
Sometimes everything is fine, some days the worthlessness feeling compounds with the loneliness and it is just paralyzing.
Counseling has been no help whatsoever as different counselors have given me multiple conflicting reasons why this occurs, the dumbest one being I simply don't make enough money to feel any other way about myself !, I wanted to slap the lady with a shoe as she handed me her bill.
There definitely is no pill that helps.
Three decades of feeling the same way, I don't feel any closer to understanding the problem.
I believe it's just an add on to multiple other assessed disorders and lack of public understanding or a place to talk about it without being judged.
Maybe one day things will be different, right now it's definitely not even on the radar of problems of the human condition to be resolved.

You are worth something more everyday that you struggle through,
Only to do it all over the next day.

Reading and replying was not a waste of my time.

Thank you for sharing, hope it gets better for you.......

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't think about me very much and thinking you're worthless takes a lot of self focus. I admit I don't understand feeling that way.
My thoughts are always on all of the things I'm interested in and I have very little interest in myself. I know I'm kind and big hearted, and often wish I wasn't, so my self scorn is about that if I do have any.

chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
yeah obviously its very unlikely for a person to be the actual worst person alive, but I often do feel like I am the worst person alive at least compared to most other people around me

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I feel the same way in my family. None of them talk to me anymore or ask how I'm doing, they just got all awkward after my first suicide attempt. I failed everything an cant work anymore so they all think im lazy and leeching off my grandma, even though im still paying her 200$ rent each month. I have this theory that I'm just unnoticeable. Everywhere I go I'm ignored 99% of the time. On discord servers, partys, group chats, and friends. The only place I dont feel that way is on this site, so I'm grateful I found it.
My one friend i have is very supportive though and im so grateful to have them. One day I'll move away from family and interact with them less and move together with my friend. Maybe then ill be happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Archness
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Quite the same. Zero value, useless, worthless. It's a simple fact of my life, there isn't any choice then to just accept it.

Mother, yeah. Odd thing was that I actually became quite a bratty child /w an inflated sense of ego and worth; always talking down and aggressive, getting angry when it gets reflected.

Rly, my sense of self worth is quite messed up on a fundamental level. Even "friends" are just ppl who enjoyed the autistic clown, rip, now all gone.

Nothing w/o delusion or fake admirers.

dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
i feel similarly, like im undeserving of any compassion or pity someone throws my way. almost like i fished for compliments, but instead of compliments its just pity and the meaningless words of comfort and physical touch anyone has to offer. im just taking up everyone's air.
Quite the same. Zero value, useless, worthless. It's a simple fact of my life, there isn't any choice then to just accept it.

Mother, yeah. Odd thing was that I actually became quite a bratty child /w an inflated sense of ego and worth; always talking down and aggressive, getting angry when it gets reflected.

Rly, my sense of self worth is quite messed up on a fundamental level. Even "friends" are just ppl who enjoyed the autistic clown, rip, now all gone.

Nothing w/o delusion or fake admirers.
same here, all the people currently in my life think im pretty and cute because im in cmn. my friends think im funny and they enjoy watching how i act almost like im their sole source of entertainment. i hope they enjoyed the show, because im sure as hell done airing it.

Last edited: