O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
I've been debating on whether or not to make this thread for a while, but I am curious if there is anyone else here who shares this belief. And even if you don't, you're free to share your thoughts as long as it's constructive.

For those who are unaware, otherkin are individuals who identify as non-human in some way. Their identity could come from spiritual (such as reincarnation/past lives), psychological, and/or other beliefs. The internet, as it tends to do, has put the extreme members and actions of the community to the forefront. This has made those uninvolved believe that all otherkin act in a similar way, and their reputation is less than positive as a result. However, from my personal experience, the majority of otherkin seem to be civil and respectful individuals who enjoy discussing their differing experiences and beliefs, and they also offer support to those who are struggling or questioning.

While discovering my true identity has answered a lot of questions I've had for the majority of my life and has helped me meet many likeminded people, it has only strengthened my resolve to leave this life behind. I sincerely believe that I do not belong on this planet or in this body, and I want to correct this mistake and finally have the right form. Not only do I have gender dysphoria, but I also have dysphoria with my species on top of it. It's unbearable.

I believe that when I'm able to leave, I will finally be happy in my next life. I understand if you think that this is all a childish or insane belief to have, and you wouldn't be alone in having that opinion. But in case you're wondering, yes, I am an adult and not a kid sneaking on here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, stygal, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
A

Anathema

Dec 2, 2019
So this is a bit strange, but since the age of 10 or so I was convinced that everyone else but me was a robot. In this sense, I am an otherkin, a human. Once I told this idea to a teacher as a joke, so he told me to become a surgeon when I grow up so that I could verify my hypothesis. I told him that you (the robots) have already thought of that, and any attempt from me to uncover the truth is futile because of some advanced mechanisms that hide all the evidence whenever I try.

10 years later, I mention this to my therapist, and she asked me if I had ever heard of the Truman show. Of course, I looked it up and arrived to the conclusion that you (the robots) made this show up to mock me :)

I've seen some people call it the main character syndrome as well, and there's also that NPC meme that kinda fits. I don't think of anyone else as lesser than me, I'm just not really sure you guys are actually human lol.
Sorry for being out of point. Sometimes I pretend I'm a fish.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i have nothing in common with other humans so i just call myself an entity.

Reactions: stygal and Rogue Proxy
peelingbananas

peelingbananas

Student
Jul 22, 2023
So this is a bit strange, but since the age of 10 or so I was convinced that everyone else but me was a robot. In this sense, I am an otherkin, a human. Once I told this idea to a teacher as a joke, so he told me to become a surgeon when I grow up so that I could verify my hypothesis. I told him that you (the robots) have already thought of that, and any attempt from me to uncover the truth is futile because of some advanced mechanisms that hide all the evidence whenever I try.

10 years later, I mention this to my therapist, and she asked me if I had ever heard of the Truman show. Of course, I looked it up and arrived to the conclusion that you (the robots) made this show up to mock me :)

I've seen some people call it the main character syndrome as well, and there's also that NPC meme that kinda fits. I don't think of anyone else as lesser than me, I'm just not really sure you guys are actually human lol.
Sorry for being out of point. Sometimes I pretend I'm a fish.
I USED TO BELIEVE THIS TOO! i eventually accepted that i guess, if everyone else wasn't real, it shouldn't matter to me. believing it only made me feel a little sad, so when i came to terms with that, i was able to enjoy again

girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
i use the term loosely, i like making kin lists of characters i identify with at different times. i also identify as a doll in some way, idk if otherkin or just weird. i respect it though, and therianism. my bff is otherkin.