HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
One of the most isolating things lately has been my fading hearing. It's so frustrating never hearing what my partner says or missing whole parts of a show because theres no cc. Any time I'm in public I have about a 5% chance of understanding words. It's not that i cant hear people i just cant make out what they say. Its hard to have conversations with my girlfriends now because I feel embarrassed saying what??? Every 2 seconds so I just pretend i hear and nod and smile. I've learned asl in hope of communicating more but no one will spend the time to learn it to talk to me. I feel like the internet is the only place I can Express myself, here expessially.

DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
I don't want to be rude but... I'm perfectly hearing and fascinated by the Deaf culture and I'm planning to learn Polish sign language soon.
I can recommend you Deaf youtubers if you want to. I understand that lack of captions is a trouble but fortunately there are people who are advocating for captions.
Well advising might be rude so not gonna advise you.

HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
I don't want to be rude but... I'm perfectly hearing and fascinated by the Deaf culture and I'm planning to learn Polish sign language soon.
I can recommend you Deaf youtubers if you want to. I understand that lack of captions is a trouble but fortunately there are people who are advocating for captions.
Well advising might be rude so not gonna advise you.
That would actually be awesome. There isnt a deaf community here seeing as my town only has like 500 people. You can pm me if youd like it's actually kinda refreshing to meat someone that doesn't pity me or try to fix me but thinks I'm cool.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Hearing loss from music. I feel bad for my neighbors with my tv so loud.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
My ears ring like hell's bells, thanks to meds. It's screwed up my hearing for sure
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i'm sorry that you are dealing with this, it must be hard.

i suffered from tinnitus since i was 10, it never really impaired my hearing too much but i have some troubles understanding speech, i don't know if it is because of the tinnitus or something else, but it's getting worse.