R

Ready2GoNow

Sep 10, 2020
I know a lot of people feel alone, but is there anyone else who is actually completely alone in this shitty world?

My birth-givers immigrated when I was only 2 years old, so I have no relationship with any of my extended family. They're basically strangers.
My birth-givers were extremely abusive, which made me even more isolated.

When I was younger we were constantly moving house (for their work) and changing schools. More isolation. I struggled to make friends, and when I did I'd just change schools again.

Now as an adult in my mid 20s I have NO friends, NO family (not even my birth-givers, we have no contact anymore), I have nothing and NO ONE. I'm completely alone in this shitty world.

Is there anyone out there like me? I spent yet another birthday alone recently. I'll be damned if I spend another Christmas alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zebedee, Dead Meat, Bauhaus and 29 others
crybaby

crybaby

Dec 4, 2019
me... :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zebedee, Dead Meat, Boochky and 7 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Fortunately, I'm not alone, but that's one of my fears

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyTheWind, XYZ and Stick
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yes I am too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, disfiguredone, Wheelz1985 and 3 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
When I was younger we were constantly moving house (for their work) and changing schools. More isolation. I struggled to make friends, and when I did I'd just change schools again.

I can relate to you on this one. I ended up being homeschooled because of this at one point and the effects have had a profound impact on my social development which have never fully healed.

If people knew of my social life before and after they wouldn't recognize that it was me. I went from being outgoing and socially satisfied to the opposite in a very short amount of time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disfiguredone, demuic and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
As it turns out I am. I went through some really bad stuff some years ago due to a mental health crisis, and I found out that I am alone because I am incapable of reaching out to family and friends. After that incident, I cut myself off from the world more and more, to the point that I am almost a recluse now. Writing on SS is as close as I've ever come to showing someone my true self, in all my naked ugliness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zebedee, disfiguredone, Sree and 6 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
As it turns out I am. I went through some really bad stuff some years ago due to a mental health crisis, and I found out that I am alone because I am incapable of reaching out to family and friends. After that incident, I cut myself off from the world more and more, to the point that I am almost a recluse now. Writing on SS is as close as I've ever come to showing someone my true self, in all my naked ugliness.

We find your naked ugliness beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disfiguredone, XYZ and 1 other person
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I am. my family hates me for something. and no friends. its okay tho itlle make it easier.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: heretogethelp, disfiguredone, XYZ and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
There are people around me, but I feel totally alone in life. I can be in a room full of people and still feel alone. Nobody can feel my pain or live my suffering other than me, that means I will always be alone, alone with my own thoughts.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: disfiguredone, ExRN, XYZ and 4 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I think so. People act like it's a self-loathing "oh sweetie no lots of people care :^)" kind of thing but if I ask myself who I would go to if I needed help, I can't think of anyone.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: disfiguredone, Sprite_Geist, demuic and 2 others
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Yes. I have my son, but it's not the same for me since he's a dependent. Everyone else in my life is busy living their own lives and doing their own things and I'm happy for them. Just because I'm stuck in this miserable existence doesn't mean I want to drag anyone else down with me. I am better being alone. Others are better off without me.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and OnlyTheWind
D

Dcap1

Feb 10, 2020
I'm alone and have developed social anxiety. It's an awful way to live, self medication is my only escape.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, demuic, Wheelz1985 and 1 other person

Apr 25, 2019
I have 0 friends in the state I live in, so yep pretty much. I still talk to some of my friends from my hometown but besides that I literally have no one to hang out with/talk to in person.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and OnlyTheWind
Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
I'm not, but I often feel as if I am, mentally at least. Sometimes when I'm not a lone is when I feel the most lonely, because I am unable to find people that can I can relate to and that can relate to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ExRN, XYZ, Done at Fifty and 1 other person
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
Close. I have two family members and no friends or extended family. It's just us. When they pass, I will be alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyTheWind
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Extremely alone. I have a deformity called plagiocephaly even when you tyoe it into youtube you dont see any adults who have it. Maybe 1 or 2 very mild cases. Thats how lonely im really am on this world. Feels like waiting on a bus when your phone runs dry on battery and you have nothing to do but waiting, its so boring cant do anything while waiting but the bus is still 40 years away if i would die from natural causes. I probably make no sense, but its not something i can describe any better

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, disfiguredone, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
If I was completely alone I would be dead.

In all seriousness, by your question I am not completely alone in the world. It's just the feeling of being alone that has slowly consumed most of my life. I don't know how to explain it, but I don't feel alone when I am by myself. More often times than not. I enjoy being on my own and having my own personal time. It's being with a group or around people that the loneliness sinks in. The people that I see... families, couples, successful-looking-people and more that I can't remember give me the constant reminder of what I don't have. Most of the times I don't let it get to me but I do have my moments. And those moments can get pretty bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: nitroautnz, ExRN and Done at Fifty
D

Done at Fifty

Student
Feb 19, 2019
Almost completely alone. I spend Christmas, birthdays etc alone. I'm getting used to it. Someone on another thread mentioned that you can do a gift exchange via reddit that I'm planning to use this year. Doesn't fix being alone but it means a gift from someone other than oneself.

E

ExRN

Aug 9, 2019
I'm now COMPLETELY alone. I'm middle-aged, not attractive and have had 0 friends for 2 years, unemployed, single, no kids. My parents are still alive but live in a different province. My mom calls to make sure I haven't killed myself. She was a great support for 4 years after I lost my career for something I didn't do. I joined this forum after I was discharged home from hospital (the hospital I had worked at for 20 years). It was an isolating experience to see ex co-workers when I ventured out of the psych ward to have a cigarette (that, like everything else, I can't enjoy anymore). I think it's more isolating to be around people who once knew you but pretend not to see you because of the stigma of "mental illness". I was labelled mentally ill because I tried to kill myself ... That's something for a different thread. But yes, I'm completely alone and go days at a time with zero human contact. Compared to the man I was when I had a career and a girlfriend, and friends and colleagues, I'm pretty much living in solitary confinement.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and rt1989526
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Never had any friends pr girlfriends, my family is pratically non-existent and they already told me they want me out of the house

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Silvermorning and ExRN
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Virtually, I'm not alone at all.
I have YOU all and some gaming friends who I've known since 2008.

Physically, I really am! I only have my dad whom I see once a week.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Put it this way, if I was to be homeless again soon, which I will be to ctb, nobody would offer me a place. I do know lots of people and they do care in their own small ways. But ultimately, nobody can or will help me. In that sense, I am truly alone and that's yet another reason to simply let go of this life. It was truly a wasted effort.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Civilization is the reason many people are alone. When our ancestors lived in nature, they lived in groups and were forced to cooperate. If you move to another town, this can cause loneliness. Bullying can make people lonely. Sweden has most single households in the world and Swedes are the loneliest people in the world. But we are friends here on the Internet!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am not alone as in a physical sense as I live in the same house as my family. However despite this I spend so much time trapped in with my own thoughts, I feel so disconnected from the rest of the world.

Reactions: S like suicide
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
In a sense we all end up alone eventually. When your time comes the only corpse that will be in the ground is yours. Nobody will be there with you - not your loved ones and not your friends - no one.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
ShutUpEli

ShutUpEli

I'm sorry
Apr 6, 2021
Unfortunately no, if I was I'd have already done it by now.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Me.

Reactions: S like suicide
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I have only my Dog! And l'm grateful for that, Dogs make me smile, Humans make me Angry!

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death