Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Why do I prefer being depressed and constantly wanting to CTB than recovery? I've been with my psychologist for two years and have rarely told him how I truly feel, I'm too afraid to even though he reassures me it's confidential and he won't section me without warning me. I've ordered SN and am going by Stan's method, my last attempt gave me a Brain Injury so I have to be sure I don't fail this time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: livelaughlove, BrailleTogepi, aSilentVoice and 8 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Yeah, it's scary. Suicidal and self hating thoughts aren't just something that pops into my head, they're a big part of how I think about myself and the world. It is scary to imagine having to totally change the way I think and act in most situations.

• Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice, MlKE, TheSoulless and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Why do I prefer being depressed and constantly wanting to CTB than recovery? I've been with my psychologist for two years and have rarely told him how I truly feel, I'm too afraid to even though he reassures me it's confidential and he won't section me without warning me. I've ordered SN and am going by Stan's method, my last attempt gave me a Brain Injury so I have to be sure I don't fail this time.
Because it's easier? That's what I found. Only now do I know true pain

• Hugs
Reactions: maru., Caspers, puppy9 and 1 other person
D

death unto me

Jun 26, 2020
Because you've grown accustomed to it,even though it causes you pain and suffering. you prefer something that is comfortingly familiar, even when it's difficult over what is alienating fulfilling or good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unsure and Useless, aSilentVoice, MlKE and 6 others
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
You're not alone. I wouldn't say it's easier to be depressed (because it can very well be debilitating) but more so a shift in mindset that not everyone is ready to make.

Not everyone "wants" to get better in the same way not everyone is thankful to be "saved" from an attempt.

Opening up is scary and its not anyone's decision to make when you are ready or if you ever will be to share your feelings. I suggest giving it a shot and opening up at your own pace. You may feel a burden off your shoulders if at least someone knows the full extent of what you're going through. My therapist is the only person who knows my full story, the good and ugly and I'm glad I shared it.

• Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice, PublicDiary0606, maru. and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
not everyone is thankful to be "saved" from an attempt.

That's the reason I have this bloody disability rather than being dead like I wished. I am the opposite of thankful for being 'kindly saved'. I sometimes wonder whether this is the afterlife and I am in hell. Would make sense with my memory loss.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and maru.
Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
Yes I am afraid- because like I did after a year of doing and being the best person I have been ever (definitely not perfect though), I managed to sabotage all of the progress I made.

I also think my entire identity revolves around my "personality disorders", so naturally, you recover from that- it's almost like losing who you are. But I've thought to myself, maybe I could transform my suicidal ideation into the idea of "ego death" and becoming someone else... but how the hell do you do that? I'd have to change 90% of my thoughts and actions. I am sure it's doable. Maybe fear is an excuse for laziness (not speaking for others).. I don't know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mia Wallace, maru. and Caspers
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
From my experience, it's just so much more comfortable.

To "get better" we have to do so much, put so much effort in it, using energy a lot of us just don't have anymore.
We have to figure out what to do, find the energy to somehow do it regardless of how tired we are, and hope it works, if it doesn't we have to try something else.
Rinse and repeat.
And for what?
If things change for the best, there's always the chance of losing this progress and going back to being miserable, which will hurt even worse than before.
Not only that, but you don't have to work hard just to get better, but to stay better too, it's a constant battle for the rest of your life.
Some even comes down to pure luck, due to the randomness and absolute twisted reality that is this life.
It takes so much to just, you know, live.
Even if everything seems fine, like you're doing it, in the blink of an eye everything could go wrong, that's how life is.

Suicide is just so much certain, like, i'm gonna do this thing, and it'll be over, i'll never be sad anymore, i'll never feel a thing at all from now on.
And that's that, no more effort, no more fear, no more exhaustion, no more misery, nothing can go wrong anymore because nothing will happen in the first place.
Also, when you're already stuck in a hole, it's much easier to stay there than climbing out.
Add to that the fact that suicide by itself is already easier than getting better somehow, and what we have is a very obvious choice.
To some of us, due to how tired we are, the choice is kind of made for us, we just don't have it in us anymore
So we just stay the way we already are, waiting for the inevitable to finally give us some relief.

Sorry if that was too dark or pessimistic, but it's just how i'm feeling about it right now, i've accepted that i'm weak and that i'll stick to this comfort.
Even though it will kill me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Hollowman, aSilentVoice and 2 others
tmcglone25

tmcglone25

May 10, 2020
May I ask what kind of brain injury?

Reactions: maru. and Caspers
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
May I ask what kind of brain injury?

As it was an internal factor (heart attack due to an OD) it is an Acquired Brain Injury. Happened spring 2017. I had to re-learn how to walk, talk, eat, I was basically a baby at the start. Ironic that I lost my memory but not my past mental health issues (other than the signs of schizophrenia. Thank goodness that left). Makes me laugh when people think forgetting everything would cause their mental illnesses to go away.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice, PublicDiary0606 and maru.
PublicDiary0606

PublicDiary0606

"Noone can hear you scream when you're drowning"
Feb 13, 2023
Yeah I'm afraid of getting better to. Everytime I get better I just relapse again and I have to put in extra energy just to get better. At the end of the day, if i keep falling of those stairs, I'll get tired and just live in the basement. Plus I've grown accustomed to being depressed most of the times and I just find it peculiar to "get better". Its hard and it takes alot of energy. And it doesn't feel like me.

Reactions: Source Energy, aSilentVoice and Lonerzepam
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I am not afraid of it. I am afraid of it being a lie

Reactions: Source Energy, Chemical Animal and aSilentVoice
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
I'd give anything for a full recovery

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, bijou, Lonerzepam and 1 other person
MlKE

MlKE

Underground-man
Jan 24, 2023
I want to be miserable and assure myself that as soon as things get just a little bit worse, it can tip the scale and I can exit this realm. The idea of improving or regaining sanity and mental health is terrifying to me, if I can be "fine" now then I could have been "fine" much earlier. So many years wasted for absolutely nothing. And nothing to show for it, just bitterness and spite. I would grow much more spiteful and distressed if I was convinced that things really could improve or could have been better if I had done things differently earlier. Maybe that would be enough to tip the scales and finish me. Maybe it wouldn't change anything.
Often I feel that all I need is to spill a cup of coffee and that's it, final straw. But some time goes by and I find myself up to my shoulders in coffee already and one more or less would make no difference.

• Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice
A

aSilentVoice

a quiet place
Dec 8, 2022
For me, it's the fear it won't last. That I'll have put in all this effort and come back down.
I have recurring nightmares that I'm desperately suicidal even when I'm not struggling with depression as bad. I had one last week. I always wake up feeling awful and confused. It takes me a bit to differentiate between to dream and reality because the emotions feel so real and powerful after I wake up. I wonder if my sertraline dose is too high. Had anyone else had problems with this medication?

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity