O

oktnn50md

Oct 21, 2020
If it was nothing it could just keep being nothing. But instead some initial singularity decides to explode and now I am stuck on Earth.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, it is extremely surprising.
Maybe there is no such thing as 'nothing'.
The big bang cannot have come from absolutely nothing. It must have arisen within a larger metaphysical context, like within a black hole of a higher dimensional universe, or within the quantum fluctuations of a pre-existing electromagnetic field.

But then the question is just pushed back, why does that black hole within that other universe exist, or why do those pre-big bang quantum fluctuations exist?
And why did they give rise to a universe able to sustain life on at least one planet?

Maybe there are infinitely many different universes, expressing every possible mode of existence (modal realism).
If 'nothing' is an impossible existential state, then the 'why' question may have no meaning, since whatever can exist does exist within some universe with a certain set of laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I'm more surprised there's a whole universe out of nothing. According to quantum physics tiny universes pop into existence out of nothing... some collaps instantenously, others expand ans get to be home to a myriad little creatures who rape, murder and wage wars against each other.

How can so much pain suddenly pop into existence out of nothing?!?

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
You shouldn't be surprised because you are the universe. You simply are and it simply is.

Reactions: not4us
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm more surprised there's a whole universe out of nothing. According to quantum physics tiny universes pop into existence out of nothing... some collaps instantenously, others expand ans get to be home to a myriad little creatures who rape, murder and wage wars against each other.

How can so much pain suddenly pop into existence out of nothing?!?
The physicists that spend all their time in mathematical focus probably find it equally perplexing how this appears to have happened. For all their intelligence and even hubris, they are just as perplexed as the rest of us.
I suspect that if we could understand all of space and time, from the basic sub atomic particles to the full extent of the universe, from the beginning to the ultimate entropic heat death, it would still be a tiny fraction of the objective truth.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Yeah tbh I was born like 18 years ago and the first thing I thought was "wtf this exists? How? Is this even legal?" it was pretty surprising ngl

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and NeverEndingProblem