Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
I'm seriously considering ctb'ing with a 12 gauge aimed at my brainstem. Is it really painless? I wish I would stop being a coward then I can be free but I'm scared of leaving alone and being in pain alone. I wish I could livestream it or something but don't want to traumatize anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think if I can get the barrel 3 inches in my mouth then the muzzle would be 3 inches from brainstem . The muzzle blast would get the brain stem, the pressure wave as well as the buckshot

if you hit the brain it's painless. it takes many microseconds for the brain to process what is going on . the brain is living in the past. research that on the internet. the speed of 1600 feet per second buckshot is about 1/2 kilometer in 1 second . think about how fast that is and how fast it will travel 24 inches to destroy the brain. there is no way . it's like the ending of the sopranos . won't hear the shot if hit the brain if hit only the face then yes pain.

A high velocity bullet from a rifle is even faster going 3200 feet per second , almost 1 kilometer per second . try to visualize how fast that is and why imo nothing can live through that if hit the lower brain areas .

Last edited:
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Skathon, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
I think if I can get the barrel 3 inches in my mouth then the muzzle would be 3 inches from brainstem . The muzzle blast would get the brain stem, the pressure wave as well as the buckshot
I've held it in my mouth loaded and ready but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm feeling like trying again but not sure how I can overcome the SI and the fear of potential pain. Maybe I can get drunk first or something

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, pthnrdnojvsc, Lostone47 and 1 other person
rottenflesh

rottenflesh

Jan 8, 2024
im pretty sure if you aim it to your bainstem its painless and insta death unlike other headshots to other parts of the brain where youre still conscious for a few minutes

• Wow
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Deleted member 82921 and Ontwon
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
If done wrong, no it's painful.

If you follow the megathread and hit the brainstem..well..how are we supposed to ask those people?

Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
If done wrong, no it's painful.

If you follow the megathread and hit the brainstem..well..how are we supposed to ask those people?
Fair enough, I guess most deaths are painful anyways and my death is assured. All it will take is one moment of bravery, I can do that

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread and Abyssal
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I'd doubt it, but then again, I wouldn't really know!

caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I've seen ranked statistics labelling shotguns as the quickest method with the lowest suffering, but it definitely depends on the execution and achieving the correct angle.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
A 12 gauge aimed slightly upward in the mouth is going to blow pretty much everything back there out of your head. If there is any pain, it wouldn't last more than a second or two. But like you said, it takes a lot of nerve to actually do it.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Ashu and Ontwon
L

Lostone47

Jan 7, 2024
I've held it in my mouth loaded and ready but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm feeling like trying again but not sure how I can overcome the SI and the fear of potential pain. Maybe I can get drunk first or something
I had the same experience. Couldn't bring myself to pull. Maybe some benzos or alcohol would have helped.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ontwon
starship

starship

Jan 19, 2024

if you hit the brain it's painless. it takes many microseconds for the brain to process what is going on . the brain is living in the past. research that on the internet. the speed of 1600 feet per second buckshot is about 1/2 kilometer in 1 second . think about how fast that is and how fast it will travel 24 inches to destroy the brain. there is no way . it's like the ending of the sopranos . won't hear the shot if hit the brain if hit only the face then yes pain.

A high velocity bullet from a rifle is even faster going 3200 feet per second , almost 1 kilometer per second . try to visualize how fast that is and why imo nothing can live through that if hit the lower brain areas .
Rifle shot definitely travels faster but greater risk of missing the target.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Rifle shot definitely travels faster but greater risk of missing the target.
Imo rifle or shotgun will destroy the whole brain if u hit the brain. I think u only miss the brain if you flinch before the shot . I saw a youtube video of shooting large Bears from 100s of meters distance. Most of them went down instantly even with body shots. The bullet already lost velocity some 600 meters yards distance.

it's the velocity that kills. A contact shot or point blank range the bullet has much more speed and power

Look at Herman the shocker rifle and shotgun suicides most of the head is gone . Look at Ronnie mcnut and blev on wpd

But even with a shotgun or rifle u can flinch on only hit the face so remain alive pain an no face .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ontwon, Skathon and Rogue Proxy
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I hate to pour cold water on you, but please listen to this story. I knew a young man (18 or 19) or grew up around guns and knew how to use them. He and his girlfriend broke up and he was devastated. He decided to take his life by gun. He is now in his 30s in a wheelchair, disfigured for life and needs to be taken care of by his parents for the rest of his life. FYI THIS IS NOT ME (I am an old woman). Please do more research on SS before testing this. Thanks.

Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
I hate to pour cold water on you, but please listen to this story. I knew a young man (18 or 19) or grew up around guns and knew how to use them. He and his girlfriend broke up and he was devastated. He decided to take his life by gun. He is now in his 30s in a wheelchair, disfigured for life and needs to be taken care of by his parents for the rest of his life. FYI THIS IS NOT ME (I am an old woman). Please do more research on SS before testing this. Thanks
How did he aim it? In my mouth pointed at an angle towards the roof but not completely would be how I do it. Also in an isolated place where I won't be found for at least hours, even if it's not instant, without immediate medical attention I will die.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Skathon
sukuna

sukuna

#1 sukuna glazer
Sep 23, 2023
I heard of a freak story of a guy that tried to do this flinched and blew his face off instead, albeit this was a handgun, but what im trying to say is you need to make sure u cant fuck it up otherwise u will be a vegetable getting blended food down a plastic tube for the rest of your life.

if you fuck up they will keep you alive no matter how debilitated you are and call it a miracle

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
He decided to take his life by gun. He is now in his 30s in a wheelchair, disfigured

@Unattainable666 what kind of gun? This thread is specifically referencing 12 gauge shotguns. If you are shot with a 12 gauge from 100 feet away directly in the chest, you are dead pretty much instantly.

Failed gun attempts are because people use full metal vs. hollow point bullets. The margin for error is in favor of the gun uneducated with a hollow points as small as 9 mm. A gun dummy can kill themselves with a 12 gauge to the head or chest without ever firing a gun prior to that. A 12 gauge is like hand cannon.

If you are going to CTB some other way, but have access to a 12 gauge just to shoot and see what it's like before you exit, do it. You'll see what I mean.

Reactions: Ontwon and pthnrdnojvsc