PolishPanda46

PolishPanda46

Chill man
Mar 23, 2024
the symptoms should've been impacting your life before you got the diagnosis, so I don't think so. I also think it's better knowing why you're a certain way, then having no idea.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
the symptoms should've been impacting your life before you got the diagnosis, so I don't think so. I also think it's better knowing why you're a certain way, then having no idea.
I was diagnosed with ASD, mild (severity level 1) but I'm reading my report again, and it seems like I could have been misdiagnosed.

PolishPanda46

PolishPanda46

Chill man
Mar 23, 2024
I was diagnosed with ASD, mild (severity level 1) but I'm reading my report again, and it seems like I could have been
What condition do you think you have? Why do you think it's wrong?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What condition do you think you have? Why do you think it's wrong?
Maybe SzPD instead of ASD. I think ASD was a self-fulfilling prophecy for me because I failed to launch after college and instead became a hiki. I attributed this to ASD. My social skills got worse with the pandemic too

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
marchshift

marchshift

Mar 15, 2024
I think labels/diagnosis are a crock of shit. They are irrelevant in the bigger picture.

• Informative
Reactions: Sylveon, ijustwishtodie, Hollowman and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't think that the diagnosis itself is a self fulfilling prophecy but I do think that some conditions of which the diagnosis is about is a self fulfilling prophecy. For example, my ASD is a self fulfilling prophecy and I believe that to be true irrespective of whether I get diagnosed for it or not.
Maybe SzPD instead of ASD. I think ASD was a self-fulfilling prophecy for me because I failed to launch after college and instead became a hiki. I attributed this to ASD. My social skills got worse with the pandemic too
Out of curiosity, why do you think you don't have ASD? As in, if you're okay sharing of course, what exactly did your report have that made you think "perhaps I don't have ASD after all"? In my case, I definitely have ASD but I also believe I have something else along with ASD as I struggle with certain things that ASD cannot really explain

Reactions: sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's worth taking into account the harm that can be caused by diagnoses.

When I was young, I was given all of the above diagnoses by 'experts' who were paid by Nfather. His agenda was to claim that I was born with an abnormality so that his decades of neglect and abuse could be covered up. That was actually the time that I stopped interacting with my Nparents. I learned just how dark Npeople are.

In recent years, I was diagnosed properly with C-PTSD, which was actually helpful since it explained how being around abusive parents, sisters and schools progressively damaged my nervous system that is literally at the centre of all functioning as a human.

But back to my original point. As soon as there is a lack of quality guidance and mentoring, suddenly all sorts of little psychological molehills become mighty mountains.

• Hugs
Reactions: HereTomorrow and Forever Sleep