• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
I want to go by hanging, even though I'm slowly saving money to get a rope, I just can't help but wonder about slitting my wrists as a plan b.

I have a box cutter, brand new. Will that do or will I have to get something sharper? Also I don't have a bath tub but I figure I can lock myself in the bathroom and do it in the shower. The last thing is dealing with the pain but I figure rum will help with that.

Reactions: lv-gras, dano6533, AntiLifeEric and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 847

Maybe you can try to compress your carotid arteries as plan B? There's a guy here who succeeded or he claims so.

Reactions: dano6533 and thatguyakira123
Erik

Erik

Jun 21, 2018
Box cutters work super well! The first time I cut was with one & drawing blood was extremely easy, I highly recommend it.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Wrist cutting is extremely unreliable. It is very difficult for one to cut deep enough before your survival instincts force you to nope out of it. You also need to know exactly how and where to cut, otherwise most you will achieve is a possible loss of movement in your hand(s).

Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever, dano6533, DF90 and 6 others
accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
Yeah, wrist cutting is not reliable at all, just a movie thing, there are a bunch more reliable places to cut in order to succeed but very painful though.

Reactions: dano6533, thatguyakira123 and Samuel
Samuel

Samuel

Wise
Apr 25, 2018
Avicii CTB'd this way I believe.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Reactions: dano6533, thatguyakira123 and AntiLifeEric
AntiLifeEric

AntiLifeEric

Student
Jun 20, 2018
Cutting the femoral artery sounds like the best way to die with a box-cutter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_artery

"The femorals are the main arteries and veins to and from the legs. As you might expect, they carry a lot of blood, and an un-treated cut to either one is quickly fatal. In one case, a thirty-four-year-old man bled to death from a 2 millimeter (less than Vs inch) nick to the femoral vein—and the vein is the low-pressure half of the circuit. They run next to each other, with the artery closer to the front of the leg, and are nearest to the skin at the groin, which makes a tourniquet hard to apply if that's the site of the cut. While knives can be and often are used on impulse, one case showed the benefits, however temporary, of planning and knowledge. A physician applied a local anesthetic to his leg, and then neatly cut his right femoral artery lengthwise. I estimate that he would have lost a fatal amount of blood in about five minutes. He died quickly, and, probably, painlessly." - Excerpt from Geo-Stone's Suicide and Attempted Suicide

Reactions: dano6533, thatguyakira123 and DragonRock13
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Cutting the femoral artery sounds like the best way to die with a box-cutter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_artery

"The femorals are the main arteries and veins to and from the legs. As you might expect, they carry a lot of blood, and an un-treated cut to either one is quickly fatal. In one case, a thirty-four-year-old man bled to death from a 2 millimeter (less than Vs inch) nick to the femoral vein—and the vein is the low-pressure half of the circuit. They run next to each other, with the artery closer to the front of the leg, and are nearest to the skin at the groin, which makes a tourniquet hard to apply if that's the site of the cut. While knives can be and often are used on impulse, one case showed the benefits, however temporary, of planning and knowledge. A physician applied a local anesthetic to his leg, and then neatly cut his right femoral artery lengthwise. I estimate that he would have lost a fatal amount of blood in about five minutes. He died quickly, and, probably, painlessly." - Excerpt from Geo-Stone's Suicide and Attempted Suicide
I'm a former surgical assistant. I can verify this. If you can get to the femoral artery, it's a quick way to bleed out. Getting to it is the trick. It's not near the surface at all. You're going to have to cut deep and do some dissecting to get to it.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I want to go by hanging, even though I'm slowly saving money to get a rope, I just can't help but wonder about slitting my wrists as a plan b.

I have a box cutter, brand new. Will that do or will I have to get something sharper? Also I don't have a bath tub but I figure I can lock myself in the bathroom and do it in the shower. The last thing is dealing with the pain but I figure rum will help with that.

Killing yourself by cutting your wrists is very difficult.

Watch what this guy did:
https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f149/my-suicide-attempt-185299/

And he survived.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Wrist cutting is so impractical it's treated almost universally as a cry for help. Almost nobody truly intent on suicide uses or succeeds with that method.

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Killing yourself by cutting your wrists is very difficult.

Watch what this guy did:
https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f149/my-suicide-attempt-185299/

And he survived.
Well that fucking sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to find another alternative. The comments over there are cancer.

I'm a former surgical assistant. I can verify this. If you can get to the femoral artery, it's a quick way to bleed out. Getting to it is the trick. It's not near the surface at all. You're going to have to cut deep and do some dissecting to get to it.
Was warming up to this idea until this part. With me being drunk I doubt I'll be able to get to it properly. Hell I doubt I could do it sober.

Maybe you can try to compress your carotid arteries as plan B? There's a guy here who succeeded or he claims so.
Is that just strangulation?

Reactions: dano6533