valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Long story short I've reconnected with a friend after we broke up awhile ago, he knows I want to ctb and wants to go with me.

planning on doing SN - I can get meto and benzos myself so that won't be an issue. Plan is to do it in a motel room.

I made the offer for him to join while I was drunk & trying to figure out if it's actually a good idea. I told him he's allowed to back out at any time as long as he doesn't tell anyone about my plan.

I just don't really know what to do. I have my doubts but I don't want to die alone. I haven't had much luck finding a partner here. I wouldn't be relying on him for any of the supplies either. What would you do?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, burglarlydante, Stick and 1 other person
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Long story short I've reconnected with a friend after we broke up awhile ago, he knows I want to ctb and wants to go with me.

planning on doing SN - I can get meto and benzos myself so that won't be an issue. Plan is to do it in a motel room.

I made the offer for him to join while I was drunk & trying to figure out if it's actually a good idea. I told him he's allowed to back out at any time as long as he doesn't tell anyone about my plan.

I just don't really know what to do. I have my doubts but I don't want to die alone. I haven't had much luck finding a partner here. I wouldn't be relying on him for any of the supplies either. What would you do?
I do not trust anyone, so I would not do it with anyone else. I have seen how the very people that you trust will stab you in the back when they are done with you.

Reactions: Hanna Backer, robotomy, woxihuanni and 9 others
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
I do not trust anyone, so I would not do it with anyone else. I have seen how the very people that you trust will stab you in the back when they are done with you.
Same I could never trust anybody that much. I can only think of hundreds of things that could go wrong. To each his/her own tho.

Reactions: crybaby, Ghost2211, Meditation guide and 3 others
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Same I could never trust anybody that much. I can only think of hundreds of things that could go wrong. To each his/her own tho.
I agree do what works for you. lol, I have issues.

Reactions: valentine
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Adding more people makes going through with plans much more complicated. Lets say you ctb and he backs out or vice versa. That is a position I imagine would be extremely difficult to live with.

Reactions: _Minsk, Ghost2211, Meditation guide and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I agree with the above comments. It's hard to trust people for something like CTB and I've read many stories about one of the suicidal person regretting everything and "saving" his/her friend/whatever person he CTB with.
That's why when I tried (and clearly failed), it was always just me.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and fat feet
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'd like to know more before making an assessment. Why did your friendship break up?

• Love
Reactions: fat feet
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for all the advice. I understand having more people complicates it, but I really don't want to die alone. That's why I've really tried to find a partner here but nothing's worked out.

it wasn't a friendship but a romantic relationship that lasted about 9 months. We broke up because after COVID started, he moved in with me and it was just clear we weren't compatible at the time. He was messy & had issues with procrastination and I was too mentally ill to be dating anyone. We didn't talk for a few months and just recently have been spending time together again.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Have some mistrust as well. People obviously. You just can't tell really. Never maybe? But more than that it's the situation. I kinda expect something to go wrong anyway. I really do. Maybe get found by some idiot hiker who needed to take as stroll five miles into a secluded forest at 2:00am, or the method not working for some absurd reason, or panicking and calling emergency services, or God knows what, but adding another person into the equation just seems to increase that chance. Maybe just to wake again, bound and gagged, then tortured in seedy sadistical sex games for years, eek. It's paranoid but everything's possible.

Having said that, it also depends somewhat on the method. I'd be more uncomfortable with a delayed method like SN or hanging knowing that in that time my partner could have a change of heart or something. Not so with an instant method, you do it and it's over.

valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Also wanted to mention we're planning for mid October so it's not time sensitive. He might back out but I doubt it. He seems like he's really ready to ctb. I need to think about it a lot and figure out if it's really the best idea. I feel completely lost right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Issues with procrastinating is a red flag for this situation.

If it were me, I would consider the biggest issue: trust. I'd go through this acronym and determine if he has proven safe to invest this kind of trust in.

Then I would list out all the ways trust would be required, and based on his consistent past actions, consider if he has proven to be trustworthy enough to do this with. Things like:

Can I rely on him not to tell anyone about my plan, the location, the date, etc.?

Will he follow through or bail?

If he's backed against a wall, will he throw me under the bus?

If he succeeds and I survive, can I handle being arrested and prosecuted for assisting in a suicide?

Is he cool under pressure?

Etc.

• Love
Reactions: robotomy, demuic, Sinkinshyp and 2 others
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Issues with procrastinating is a red flag for this situation.

If it were me, I would consider the biggest issue: trust. I'd go through this acronym and determine if he has proven safe to invest this kind of trust in.

Then I would list out all the ways trust would be required, and based on his consistent past actions, consider if he has proven to be trustworthy enough to do this with. Things like:

Can I rely on him not to tell anyone about my plan, the location, the date, etc.?

Will he follow through or bail?

If he's backed against a wall, will he throw me under the bus?

If he succeeds and I survive, can I handle being arrested and prosecuted for assisting in a suicide?

Is he cool under pressure?

Etc.
Thanks, this is very helpful

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
For legal reasons its an incredibly risky/bad idea. Besides potentially going to prision, if one of you lives and starts getting better you may feel super guilty about the other not having the same opportunity.

Imo the only pro is not having to die alone, but there are a fuckton of cons that make me think its not worth it.

Reactions: demuic and valentine
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I personally wouldn't do it. Sorry. I just don't trust other people

Reactions: Wayfaerer and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I need to think about it a lot and figure out if it's really the best idea.
It's a VERY bad idea. I've had people I thought I could count on for important things mess everything up. This is way too important to try to depend on someone else and from what you said, this is not a reliable person.

You need to do this alone.

Reactions: robotomy
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Alright. I'll be making my plans to do it alone. Thanks everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Keep in mind that friend or not, that is a very big risk that you are taking. Your friend may not only chicken out but rat you out as well. I wouldn't if I were you but that's just my own opinion. I understand that the offer is very tempting.

Reactions: Meditation guide and valentine
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks. Yes, the risk is too high. I'll be sad to ctb alone but I don't want to mess this up.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, GoodPersonEffed and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
when it involves two people, it becomes a whole different ball game.

more chance of getting caught, details being leaked, getting into serious trouble if one survives etc

I'm not saying do/do not just have a think about it. out of all the 'problems' that could arise. my main concern would be surviving and the other person not, and being prosecuted( i think that happens). and i am the least person could be arsed about police, but if you tried to CTB and survive i imagine your not going to be in a good state to run etc!)

I can understand why people might like to go this way though

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
That would be such a difficult decision to make. I want a partner to do this with so bad, but my rational mind tells me there are too many risks. I know it hurts to make this call, but I think the potential danger outweighs the comfort that it could bring.

Reactions: valentine and checkouttime
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It sounds too risky and unpredictable to me.

Coping Wizard

Coping Wizard

Sep 15, 2020
I also have a friend in the meatspace that holds the exact viewpoints on life and suicide hes pretty much my only friend and I have several specific suicide plans and methods that I have thought out in my head that could easily be done if he assists me in my plans or he can join me if he also wants to.