I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
I have no idea if this is the actual desire to kill someone or just the worry that I could kill someone. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with these? I'm realizing I think I forgot to take my anti-anxiety medication (buspirone), so that might be why...

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
You could try picking up hunting big game like deer, elk, or maybe killing rabid animals. It might satisfy your urges.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Un-, deleted, Crazy4u and 1 other person
I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
You could try picking up hunting big game like deer, elk, or maybe killing rabid animals. It might satisfy your urges.
That just makes me sick, I don't think I could ever happily end a life. It's more like just the repetitive thought/worry over and over again in my head, it's even come out in conversation a few times of me telling someone I'm going to kill them and then quickly apologizing and explaining the situation to them. IDK, any real world violent action would make me feel horrible.

ultrafuntimes

ultrafuntimes

it's funny...
Jan 16, 2022
Allow yourself to experience them without looking for the meaning or intent behind it. Don't panic when you have them.
Trying to fight the thoughts or worrying about what they mean does more harm than good.

At least that is how I try to deal with intrusive thoughts. I know this is all easier said than done, though.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
Allow yourself to experience them without looking for the meaning or intent behind it. Don't panic when you have them.
Trying to fight the thoughts or worrying about what they mean does more harm than good.

At least that is how I try to deal with intrusive thoughts. I know this is all easier said than done, though.
The idea of acting on them makes it worse, IDK, I think it is more the fear that I would do something horrible, not the genuine desire to.

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Hey guys my dad is driving me crazy and this isn't new, every damn day he finds a little reason to curse me and treat me like dirt and I go crazy to stab him, I'm already at my limit and I have no option to change, I usually listen to music but the thought is always there in the same way as the thought about suicide
if i had a gun i would definitely do it