no 4mat

no 4mat

Oct 17, 2020
hello everyone! :hihi:

I'm not a native so forgive me if my English was bad :p

it all started decade ago.. let me clarify that i live in a "conservative" country in middle East, my parents especially mom raised me to be a devotee religious person.. I was pure and happy. maybe.

i became 14 years old, graduated middle school, my dad bought me a phone and internet cable in home..

it started here.

i was curious about the world, i never left home because my parents are poor so the internet was huge thing to me... I started to learn my English through it, installed Meeting apps and I was shocked that some women were interested in me (i had no idea what sex was even, I was illiterate)

you know dopamine addiction right? this stuff makes you.. change..

Fast forward after 4 years, I became a social outcast, my looks (luckily) could always attract friendships opportunities but my mentality as an 18 years old was almost like a 12yo.

i missed on alot.
my only "friend" was the online sphere i shut myself in.

i passed high school with top grades, and here come uni life, it's the most brutal for undeveloped socially people.. (especially males).

i was all alone. I failed two years because of severe depression, I cried on weekly basis every night while hugging my pillow (i call her a she, and she is a good listener to me since i was kid)..

i went through the deep sides of the internet i saw how life is and how much i truly missed.. makes me distraught deep inside.

anyway, I've always wanted to CTB (i was a lurker on suicide image boards 2 years ago, im 21 now)
it's impossible to me to afford nembutal so I plan on partial suspension.
no chance for me in this life, either ctb with dignity or be forced to enlist in the army, die starving as homeless.

I'm glad to be here with you people. and sorry for the long text.:hug:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: its impossible, Butterflyshadow, sadworld and 18 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Hi friend. From what say the internet brought growth and isolation to your life. It's pretty cool you learned a new language on your own. I suppose one could argue if you were not exposed to the the vast world of the internet you would have gone about your life as others intended and not known any different, but who's to say if that would have been a happy existence. The internet social aspect isn't all bad. For example I'm talking to you from across the world, and care how you feel, as does the community as a whole. If your country's customs will not lead to a happy outcome for you is immigration a possible consideration?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld, death137 and 4 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Sorry to hear your story. Companies' willfull hijacking of our dopamine system is despicable, especially children. Another thing that makes me sick. Well done with how far you've come though. I hope you find a different path to CTB, it's always sad to see good people go down. I fear being homeless too, even though everyone tells me I won't be. And I can't afford N either, considering IMO I'll be scammed many times before being successful, then there's customs, and prison, and hospital to worry about. Best wishes ☮️

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld, death137 and 3 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I'm sorry. Internet also ruined my life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
The internet and smartphones have ruined everybody's lives .
The negative side far outweighs the plus side .

Anyone whos says otherwise wasn't there before it all started ,

if a solar flare wiped it out there would be people screaming in the street because they couldn't watch someone reacting to watching a film , or clicking like on someones meal .

They would have to go out to the shops only to find them boarded up because they couldn't be bothered to go out of the house to go shopping .
their heads would explode

Attachments

• 16237581.jpg
    16237581.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, TheGoodGuy, Sherri and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I was far happier before the internet and smartphones, it's true. In those days, when the phone rang, it was someone calling to talk to you, not someone calling to scam you. And if you called a company, you got through to a person who then tried to help you. How often does that happen now?
I was on TrustPilot today. It's become abundantly clear to me that many of the companies with 4-5 star reviews, have such positive reviews because they have got their own employees to make fake accounts to write them! You can see it in the language they use, which is the same for all the 5 star reviews and is completely different to the one star reviews.
LOL Trust Pilot my arse.
Technology will be the downfall of the Potato People.

Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld, no 4mat and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Maybe I'm a Potato Person, but I am old enough to remember living without a computer or a cellphone, and I don't recon life being much better, to be honest. At a risk of sounding controversial and too pessimistic for a suicide forum - there might not be that much to miss in the Real World by being stuck on the Internet. I didn't have Internet when I was young and I didn't have a social life and didn't develop social skills, it didn't help at all. Now that I have Internet I can at least annoy people here. Online social life is better than no social life at all.

Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld, MrBlue and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Maybe I'm a Potato Person, but I am old enough to remember living without a computer or a cellphone, and I don't recon life being much better, to be honest. At a risk of sounding controversial and too pessimistic for a suicide forum - there might not be that much to miss in the Real World by being stuck on the Internet. I didn't have Internet when I was young and I didn't have a social life and didn't develop social skills, it didn't help at all. Now that I have Internet I can at least annoy people here. Online social life is better than no social life at all.
That's a fair point. I accept your perspective, a point well made.
It's true, I wouldn't be on here annoying people without the technology. It's also sometimes the only interaction I get.

NB> I think we are all Potato People, myself included. It's intended as an off-the-cuff comment on the nature of humanity and the flawed process of life rather than a sleight on any individual or group of people.

Reactions: Silvermorning, sadworld and GrumpyFrog
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I was far happier before the internet and smartphones, it's true. In those days, when the phone rang, it was someone calling to talk to you, not someone calling to scam you. And if you called a company, you got through to a person who then tried to help you. How often does that happen now?
I was on TrustPilot today. It's become abundantly clear to me that many of the companies with 4-5 star reviews, have such positive reviews because they have got their own employees to make fake accounts to write them! You can see it in the language they use, which is the same for all the 5 star reviews and is completely different to the one star reviews.
LOL Trust Pilot my arse.
Technology will be the downfall of the Potato People.
Review sites should be banned. The big companies (or any company) can pay for an account, and then they can get all negative reviews removed. Kind of defeats the object.

Reactions: Silvermorning
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
The internet and smartphones have ruined everybody's lives .
The negative side far outweighs the plus side .

Anyone whos says otherwise wasn't there before it all started ,

if a solar flare wiped it out there would be people screaming in the street because they couldn't watch someone reacting to watching a film , or clicking like on someones meal .

They would have to go out to the shops only to find them boarded up because they couldn't be bothered to go out of the house to go shopping .
their heads would explode
U so right, we were so much happier without internet and we didn't realise how happy we were. Too late now. And with 5G coming, that's a whole different level...
hello everyone! :hihi:

I'm not a native so forgive me if my English was bad :p

it all started decade ago.. let me clarify that i live in a "conservative" country in middle East, my parents especially mom raised me to be a devotee religious person.. I was pure and happy. maybe.

i became 14 years old, graduated middle school, my dad bought me a phone and internet cable in home..

it started here.

i was curious about the world, i never left home because my parents are poor so the internet was huge thing to me... I started to learn my English through it, installed Meeting apps and I was shocked that some women were interested in me (i had no idea what sex was even, I was illiterate)

you know dopamine addiction right? this stuff makes you.. change..

Fast forward after 4 years, I became a social outcast, my looks (luckily) could always attract friendships opportunities but my mentality as an 18 years old was almost like a 12yo.

i missed on alot.
my only "friend" was the online sphere i shut myself in.

i passed high school with top grades, and here come uni life, it's the most brutal for undeveloped socially people.. (especially males).

i was all alone. I failed two years because of severe depression, I cried on weekly basis every night while hugging my pillow (i call her a she, and she is a good listener to me since i was kid)..

i went through the deep sides of the internet i saw how life is and how much i truly missed.. makes me distraught deep inside.

anyway, I've always wanted to CTB (i was a lurker on suicide image boards 2 years ago, im 21 now)
it's impossible to me to afford nembutal so I plan on partial suspension.
no chance for me in this life, either ctb with dignity or be forced to enlist in the army, die starving as homeless.

I'm glad to be here with you people. and sorry for the long text.:hug:
Is enlisting the military a law there?

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, no 4mat and marcusuk63
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
im sorry that this all happened to you. here, a hug. maybe it'll help a little.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and no 4mat
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

May 17, 2020
I'm sorry, and I totally understand. Internet addiction is such a real thing I think isn't talked about as much as it should be. I use Cold Turkey blocker to block some of those more addictive sites since they've ruined my attention span.

Surprisingly, even though this is a offtopic suicide board, I feel less stressed here than on places like Reddit or Youtube haha.

• Wow
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
ngl if the internet didn't exist I wouldn't be killing myself

Nightmare

Nightmare

Devil
Sep 15, 2018
guys, you understand "internet ruined my life" very wrong
we in syria live in retarded society around retarded people with retarded beliefs and walk like sheeps behind religion men and full dictatorship authorities
internet allow us to know how stupid and miserable and wasted our lives are, how our potentials are being burried down.. this is his case not what you assume over it
he probably has no idea there are other people who are not dumb around him in his country
ill be by his side anyways and help him with my experience he came to the right place

Reactions: no 4mat
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Easy for this to happen tbh. I have heard a lot of similar stories related to various kinds of internet addictions

Reactions: Silvermorning
Nightmare

Nightmare

Devil
Sep 15, 2018
U so right, we were so much happier without internet and we didn't realise how happy we were. Too late now. And with 5G coming, that's a whole different level...

Is enlisting the military a law there?
yes you have to enlist not your opinion and for unknown amount of time(sometimes over 10 years and you cant ask to go out they dont care) as well with 0 payment you have to steal people to eat and your service is depending on how rich is your family and how much you pay, if you pay good they put you on good places to serve and the other way around
its too fucked up here we literally are just sheeps in this place :/
freedom is the most precious thing you may ask when you live in muslim world

Reactions: Silvermorning and All washed up