P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
@Living sucks ,

so the phone number thing, am i going to end up getting weird calls ?
i was serious about the situation with certain family members.
i can't risk them getting any more information on me, mom's gotten a bit blabby/gossipy, so i have to keep more from her now than i used to.

thanks.

@madgod

would telegram be acceptable ? it wants my phone number too but at least i could download it first.

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Idk anything about this.. it's why i linked the thread from @enjolras who seems to be very genius on the topic. Hopefully he can help you.

either way .. be very careful who you talk to .. the site has creeps lurking.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Idk anything about this.. it's why i linked the thread from @enjolras who seems to be very genius on the topic. Hopefully he can help you.

either way .. be very careful who you talk to .. the site has creeps lurking.
Thanks for the lookout L i'll ask E about it.

@enjolras if you have time would you help me out with this? The concern i have over the phone number thing is pretty much it. Thanks.

Okay nevermind neither will work, the phone number thing just isn't negotiable.

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
@pete_x sorry I didn't get what you're after exactly. What's your goal ?

Telegram is a very practical app, with a lot of functionalities. For instance, on top of 1v1 (group is not possible, unlike Discord) audio/video chats, you can leave short audio/video recordings even when the recipient(s) is/are away from keyboard, to consult later.
"Secret chats" (to create, but just a click away, simple), are an option for improved security/privacy if that's a concern.
B3CEB770 36DC 4AD8 B36A 8CA12D584476
Also at all times, the history of communication can be cleared even on the side of the recipients if necessary.

A phone number is mandatory, just once at the registration, to receive code by SMS. But you could use a temporary disposable number eventually, either with a prepaid SIM or virtual numbers online, to separate it from your private one.

Personally I use this service https://phitbone.com but there are many other solutions, including free ones (on the darknet - EM, you can buy guides on how to bypass SMS verification for $1, offering various solutions)
Tutorial It requires payment by card or the crypto Zcoin (XZC), which could totally anonymise the transaction if you mint the coins with the official wallet (it burns/discard the coins with their past transaction history to replace them with fresh new ones without a history, which you then send)
Often, I just don't bother and convert my Monero(/Bitcoin) to XZC (not minted but Monero prior is okay enough privacy) through https://changenow.io

Anyway, past the registration (which shouldn't put you off) it's possible to hide the Telegram phone number to other members of the network.
Just go to your settings : Privacy & Security > Phone number > Nobody
...AND do not add/save contacts in your contact lists (not necessary anyway)

Otherwise, it can be discussed but Telegram is respectful of your privacy in general. It's used by all sorts of criminals for this reason, including ISIS in the past & illegal trading. The owner/CEO has escaped from Russia to the UAE to stand up against the oppression & censorship of Putin & other governments repeatedly.

Last edited:
Reactions: pete_x, Deleted member 1465 and Yomyom