Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I'm giving it a go to see if I can improve my insomnia and my memory.

I have been doing it for a week (8-16 time frame) and so far, so good. It has been easier than I thought. I am not seeing any improvement in my sleep or my memory, but it's early days. If everything goes well, I'd like to try and do 6-18 in a month.

Is anyone else doing intermittent fasting? If so, which kind and how is it going? Please share any good or bad experiences. Thank you :smiling:

Reactions: Sensei
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
It is hit and miss but best of luck

Please explain what you mean :-) I have not yet made up my mind if it works or not. I am genuinely curious.

Last edited:
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
I managed one weekend of fasting and gave up because the headaches were just excruciating

Can advocate this though because fasting has so many proven benefits done correctly and safely (i probably missed something xp). I was attempting it for neuropathic pain.

Reactions: Callie Arcale
929er

929er

a gnome
May 1, 2020
i've been doing the one where you eat one day and then go the next 24 hours without eating, don't see any benefits to memory or sleeping, but it definitely helps my stomach feel less terrible. hope it helps you with what you need tho.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
I managed one weekend of fasting and gave up because the headaches were just excruciating

Can advocate this though because fasting has so many proven benefits done correctly and safely (i probably missed something xp). I was attempting it for neuropathic pain.

Yes, I've read that headaches and dizzyness can occur, if you don't eat enough calories and the right type of food. Neuropathic pain is just dreadful, I am sorry to hear you battle this ((hugs))
i've been doing the one where you eat one day and then go the next 24 hours without eating, don't see any benefits to memory or sleeping, but it definitely helps my stomach feel less terrible. hope it helps you with what you need tho.

Wow that's awesome! I don't know if I could manage 24. I'm glad to hear it helps your stomach. Thanks for the well wishes ((hugs))

Last edited:
Reactions: omoidarui
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
Yes, I've read that headaches and dizzyness can occur, if you don't eat enough calories and the right type of food. Neuropathic pain is just dreadful, I am sorry to hear you battle this ((hugs))
I didn't eat. At all. I was trying to induce ketosis so I only consumed water and black tea during that time, and occasionally a pinch of salt for the headaches as recommended. It's ok, it a damned nuisance but I've been prescribed Amitriptyline which helps, really takes the edge off the pain.

• Love