Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I have this idea about a game, though it's too deep, personal, and "about truths" to post /w anywhere near my IRL identity, while being too important to be an anonymous creation. Thus it must be connected to "Archness". I also worry it'll be too much for people here and ppl will think odd and off putting things about me, but as I said, there's a certain conviction with me.

Basically, it's about a looser who've been trying to become stronger... Leading to him learning to fight and outright becoming a "thug". But it's just a persona, he's really a damaged person who, even deciding to start a ""thug life"" only really lives in an online game. Depressed, pessimistic, and easily becoming resentful, on the edge of becoming human garbage. Then, a phenomena grants supernatural, if almost unnoticeable (usually) abilities to him and another male. This man tries to entice him towards evil, but he rejects, even if he can't do anything good, he'll at least stop this man from abusing his power to take advantage of women.

A depressing world with people either not seeing or somewhat disliking him, distant friends in an immaterial world, and a phenomena accelerating his trajectory. Despite being a failure, he must draw the line.

Now that's an interesting story, but game play is a bit more experimental...
V.Difficult to put into words, but basically (really simplifying it), you make moves with a refilling ATB bar, that effect these stacks of modifiers that can go up to 20 or down to -20 too, taking moves also change what moves you can take in the next turns. Damage also starts from a variance instead of a value, 4 rnd(1-25) combined then modified by Offense%, evasion is a threshold where if damage is bellow X number they dodge and take 0 damage.

Yea, an RPGMaker game, tho it takes place over a month and you usually go to the same locations as always, they just change /w time, diff scenes, sometimes combat, but not that much, most if it being in the online game actually. Not alot of content, like, 1,2... 4-5 hours tops in a blind average play through.

Honestly, this whole idea is likely too much for me. Just wanted to throw this out there somewhere and see what others think about it. Oh, it also takes place about 10 years in the future with society continuing in the cyberpunk-dystopia direction it's going, just without any of the cool tech sadly.

It's just something I made up, and I continue to make progress on it, if very slowly (especially feels that way with how I'm just building the groundwork and no real content). This is a largely solo project, esp since it's unlikely to be finished. But if anyone wants to lend a hand, especially with art, mostly for CGs, panels/parts for scenes, battle-sprites, it'd be appreciated, but unnecessary as I could do it myself if need be. Talking about the game design, the battle system, battle design, etc sounds interesting in itself, and I would like to talk with others about that; In fact, that's what I'd really like to do rip.

Again, likely nothing will come of it, just interesting thing I'm gonna try to do. We can talk about it, some could contribute a bit, but honestly just something I wish to leave behind, because my "real life" self is nothing, and will add to the remains of Archness,

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
Sorry I don't know anything about games. I just wanted to comment on this.
because my "real life" self is nothing
You aren't nothing. Everyone has important thoughts and feelings. And I don't know you, but I think it's really cool that you could code a game. šŸ§”

• Love
Reactions: Archness