• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

jbleakness

jbleakness

May 8, 2024
On Monday I start intensive 5 day group therapy at the hospital in my city. Not expecting much going into it. It's a 6 week program.

Does anyone have any experience with such a program? I really don't have much hope with the whole thing....I'll give it an honest shot though.

Like everything else in my life that I've fucked up, I'm sure I'll find a way to screw this up.

Fuck I just want this to end already.

DarknessInMe

DarknessInMe

Jun 19, 2023
I don't have experience with a program like this one, but I want to wish you all the best for it and I do think this is the right decision. I highly assume you're taking part in this voluntarily, so you will very likely be able to interrupt the program if you feel like it doesn't fit to you.
Being in the hospital is always stressful and exhausting. I think it's great that you give it a shot though.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
The program I was assigned to ran from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. You had to sign in for attendance & your duration in the program could be extended if you were late or didn't come. You could conversely be completely dropped from the program based on attendance. The first half an hour was some paperwork with the group facilitator & being scanned for sharps. The rest of the day was spent in group discussion about whatever topic the facilitator chose for the day. We stayed in the same room for all six hours. I was told about every other day I would be pulled out of group for half an hour to speak to a therapist and would have to request to see the psychiatrist if I wanted med adjustments. I disenrolled myself because other patients used group as a way to talk in extreme detail about how they self harmed & others about abusing their kidd, and the facilitator did nothing to stop this conversation. Most facilities I've been recommended to would run basically the same way, it will all revolve around group. If it's a nicer place than the one I went to though, the facilitator will be more likely to step in and keep the conversation on a therapeutic track. Do you know what module of therapy this hospital focuses on? I've also had more luck with group therapy that is centered around DBT than anything else. Other than that, the advice I would give you would be to research the hospital your program is held at, you might be able to find accounts online from people who have gone through it

• Hugs
Reactions: jbleakness