V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
Has any of you filled out a insurance to die, if their ctb failed like "live will document"

C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
Yes. and I allways have a copy with me. There is an important sentence in my living will:
"This living will also applies without restriction in the event of a failed suicide attempt."
With this sentence, life-prolonging treatments may not be given even in the case of a failed suicide attempt.

In some countries there is also a database where all doctors and hospitals have access at any time. But I wouldn´t mention anything about suicide there.

If you wanna make it perfect, get it signed by a notary or lawyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: verloren
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
In certain cases, attempting suicide invalidates any living wills, as the person is though to NOT have been of sound mind when writing them. I have heard this is the case in the US. It also applies to DNRs. DNR/DNI requests are only valid when signed before a surgery. They are not blanket clauses.

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and verloren
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
In certain cases, attempting suicide invalidates any living wills, as the person is though to NOT have been of sound mind when writing them. I have heard this is the case in the US. It also applies to DNRs. DNR/DNI requests are only valid when signed before a surgery. They are not blanket clauses.

Thanks for the Info

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Yes. and I allways have a copy with me. There is an important sentence in my living will:
"This living will also applies without restriction in the event of a failed suicide attempt."
With this sentence, life-prolonging treatments may not be given even in the case of a failed suicide attempt.

In some countries there is also a database where all doctors and hospitals have access at any time. But I wouldn´t mention anything about suicide there.

This is 100% not true in the US. Having the living will notarized does not make it any more applicable. If you fail to ctb, and it's clear that is the case, medical personnel will make every effort to save your life.
USA is a totally different world, compared to Europe. A country without many human rights. That's why I'm glad I live in Europe, where I can make my own decisions about my life.
Yeah, how many guns do you own? Oh, you don't want health insurance - too bad. And that SN was so easy to obtain, right? Europe is great!

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
USA is a totally different world, compared to Europe. A country without many human rights. That's why I'm glad I live in Europe, where I can make my own decisions about my life.

I don´t need a gun. And I do have a health insurance.

It is pointless to discuss about the USA regarding human rights

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Well, I don't want health insurance, and I'm not forced to have it or pay for it. That was the point I'm trying to make.

Edit: it's kind of funny how many people on a suicide forum have health insurance and see doctors...

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019

It is pointless to discuss about the USA regarding human rights
Many of us who live in the US would agree with you. And would gladly trade a gun for health care.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020

In Europe you can go to jail for telling the truth about a 7th century pedophile all so that boomers can have their pensions bailed out by low cost migrant labor

so much for human rights!