T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
Anyone know if there are insurance policies which cover suicide? I've vaguely heard one year cliff before. Is that correct? Any with asset based or income history rather than current income based approval?

I'd like to leave some more money behind if possible; not sure where else to ask.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Insurance policies all will have a suicide clause, it will vary from company to company but generally it is a year. If you have a history of suicide attempts or psychiatric treatment for depression or suicidal thoughts you will likely be denied if you don't already have it and are just now applying. I can't get life insurance because of my history.

• Aww..
Reactions: thirdtimesthecharmg
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
Insurance policies all will have a suicide clause, it will vary from company to company but generally it is a year. If you have a history of suicide attempts or psychiatric treatment for depression or suicidal thoughts you will likely be denied if you don't already have it and are just now applying. I can't get life insurance because of my history.
It's a good thing my parents started a policy for me when I was a baby or I would be so screwed lol

T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
Yeah, I figured. Sorry to hear that.

I had a thought about trying to build a site for getting donations for livestreaming my suicide as an alternative. Not sure if there would be any interest but I think I could do it.

AllTheseQuestions

AllTheseQuestions

Sep 19, 2024
As others have said life insurance policies will have a suicide clause, sometimes 1 year, sometimes 2.

However, are you in employment? The majority of large employers, here in the UK, offer something called Life Assurance. Usually 3-4x yearly salary paid to beneficiaries. Something to look into.

T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
As others have said life insurance policies will have a suicide clause, sometimes 1 year, sometimes 2.

However, are you in employment? The majority of large employers, here in the UK, offer something called Life Assurance. Usually 3-4x yearly salary paid to beneficiaries. Something to look into.

No, unfortunately. My previous employer had similar. I didn't think ahead to get signed up while I could.

A

alce

Dec 7, 2023
I dont know about other countries policy, but in brazil, where i live, after 2 years you signed the insurance, it will also cover suicide, i signed one in 2021 to let some money to my mom, and it started to cover suicide last year.