TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Found this on Reddit. What the fuck is this? "Share your smile"? "Let go of negativity"? "Count your blessings"?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Found this on Reddit. What the fuck is this? "Share your smile"? "Let go of negativity"? "Count your blessings"?

View attachment 37196
It's the same trite inspirational shit over and over again. What does any of it mean? It's like a bad 12 step program that'll change nothing if you complete it.

Reactions: TheSoulless
coldeyes

coldeyes

the rumbling is comfy
Jan 9, 2019
Don't believe anything inspirational, the person writing such needs it more than the audience.

NorthernStar

NorthernStar

All that glitters is not gold
Jun 5, 2020
Let's be candid - platitudes are people's way of trying to control their chaos, ignorance, and fear. It's what gets them through the day so they figure the rest of us will benefit from it too.

Point 11 is absolutely right. Everyone should have more fun. This is why I'm fucking off at work right now and posting here.

The shit about the 5 closest people to you puts blame on the reader. It makes you self-analyze under the duress of guilt and shame. It should always be re-written that the five closest people to you can affect your happiness, wellbeing and health so please be kind to yourself and don't let anyone else do anything less. And also sometimes you gotta look at those five people and cut bait for your own life to thrive.

It's all about the delivery whether a statement with the same concept has a supportive overtone or a shaming overtone.

Last edited: