BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Haven't made a thread here in so long. Eh. Hi everyone. :shy:

Going crazy. Another night with little to no sleep. No matter what I do, it seems like I can only get two or three hours of sleep. Although at least for this night, there at least seems to be a damn reason.

I guess this thread can be whatever you guys want. Feel free to post advice. Vent about your own insomnia. Etc.

otter GIF

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, blueming, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sometimes I cannot sleep and it is an awful feeling as sleep is the thing I enjoy the most. It is not that bad though, but sometimes I overthink too much and that keeps me awake. I'm sorry you are going through this, I wish you well.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Seroquel makes it so I can sleep pretty normally without waking up. It's easy to get an Rx of this.

• Hugs
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Haven't made a thread here in so long. Eh. Hi everyone. :shy:

Going crazy. Another night with little to no sleep. No matter what I do, it seems like I can only get two or three hours of sleep. Although at least for this night, there at least seems to be a damn reason.

I guess this thread can be whatever you guys want. Feel free to post advice. Vent about your own insomnia. Etc.

otter GIF
So you tried different meds and they didn't help you at all?

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Sometimes I cannot sleep and it is an awful feeling as sleep is the thing I enjoy the most. It is not that bad though, but sometimes I overthink too much and that keeps me awake. I'm sorry you are going through this, I wish you well.
Ah, I'm sorry you go through that. It's awful when your mind just won't stop, especially if you really need the sleep.
Seroquel makes it so I can sleep pretty normally without waking up. It's easy to get an Rx of this.
I've tried it a few times before. 50mg didn't do anything, 100mg didn't do anything either, or 150mg. I took more than that once and it didn't put me to sleep IIRC, just made me….dangerously suicidal. I'm glad to hear it works for you though, it's important to get proper sleep.
So you tried different meds and they didn't help you at all?
I was prescribed hydroxyzine for anxiety and it sometimes puts me to sleep. Nortriptyline didn't help unless I got lucky, Seroquel didn't help, Trazodone may have helped once? Stronger meds may help but I wouldn't want to try anything else - just doesn't seem worth the risks.

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
Ah, I'm sorry you go through that. It's awful when your mind just won't stop, especially if you really need the sleep.

I've tried it a few times before. 50mg didn't do anything, 100mg didn't do anything either, or 150mg. I took more than that once and it didn't put me to sleep IIRC, just made me….dangerously suicidal. I'm glad to hear it works for you though, it's important to get proper sleep.

I was prescribed hydroxyzine for anxiety and it sometimes puts me to sleep. Nortriptyline didn't help unless I got lucky, Seroquel didn't help, Trazodone may have helped once? Stronger meds may help but I wouldn't want to try anything else - just doesn't seem worth the risks.
It sounds so awful. So many meds and you're still suffering from insomnia. It's insane. You know, reading helps me fall asleep. Especially, if it's something boring

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
It sounds so awful. So many meds and you're still suffering from insomnia. It's insane. You know, reading helps me fall asleep. Especially, if it's something boring
It seemed to get better for a while last year, I think I was getting five hours of sleep. Dunno why it happened though. Earlier this year, I slept better again for a little bit. So I know my body is still capable of actually sleeping. I think I know why I slept better then, but there's not really much I can do right now to help myself sleep. My brain just won't let me.

• Wow
Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
It seemed to get better for a while last year, I think I was getting five hours of sleep. Dunno why it happened though. Earlier this year, I slept better again for a little bit. So I know my body is still capable of actually sleeping. I think I know why I slept better then, but there's not really much I can do right now to help myself sleep. My brain just won't let me.
What about doctors? Did you try to get a medical evaluation?

A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
Yes, seems like things check out. Haven't done a sleep study but I've thought about it. Now there really doesn't seem to be a point. :nomouth:
Why isn't there a point in doing a sleep study anymore? It could be interesting

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Why isn't there a point in doing a sleep study anymore? It could be interesting
There was a time where I was wondering if maybe I had some sort of sleep disorder or something. But based on earlier this year, that doesn't seem to be the case. Seems like it's just my brain - hypervigilance/depression/etc etc.

You're right, a sleep study would still be interesting. And sleep disorders can be quite subtle. Just doesn't seem worth it at the moment. :shy:

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
There was a time where I was wondering if maybe I had some sort of sleep disorder or something. But based on earlier this year, that doesn't seem to be the case. Seems like it's just my brain - hypervigilance/depression/etc etc.

You're right, a sleep study would still be interesting. And sleep disorders can be quite subtle. Just doesn't seem worth it at the moment. :shy:
I'm sorry that's how you feel. I absolutely understand the feeling. I don't see any point in anything anymore either….. And even though I'm completely unmotivated myself, I would find it interesting to have my brain studied. I wish you would try. It could distract you a little maybe. But I totally get it why you don't feel like it….

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and whywere
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I'm sorry that's how you feel. I absolutely understand the feeling. I don't see any point in anything anymore either….. And even though I'm completely unmotivated myself, I would find it interesting to have my brain studied. I wish you would try. It could distract you a little maybe. But I totally get it why you don't feel like it….
Oh, it would definitely be interesting to be able to get another MRI, do other tests like that. But that costs a lot of money, and I don't have a real reason to have them done.

Also, uh, glad you haven't viewed my responses as argumentative. Was worried about that.

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
Ooooh. I thought maybe there's like a clinic that studies sleep and insomnia, so they would do everything for free. Silly me. Of course, spending money on that when you see no point is not something that you want.
Uh, you're welcome? :happy: I just hope I understand where you're coming from, not feeling any motivation at all. I'm sorry I wasn't helpful. Lack of sleep is horrible.

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Ooooh. I thought maybe there's like a clinic that studies sleep and insomnia, so they would do everything for free. Silly me. Of course, spending money on that when you see no point is not something that you want.
Uh, you're welcome? :happy: I just hope I understand where you're coming from, not feeling any motivation at all. I'm sorry I wasn't helpful. Lack of sleep is horrible.
Oh you're fine. I realized yesterday my post seemed like I was asking for advice, but honestly it's more meant for the community to discuss. Either way, I appreciate you taking the time to respond, your thoughtfulness.

I live in the U.S. so I guess I expect everything to be expensive anyway. Perhaps if I had a referral from my PCP (which I would likely need anyway, since a sleep clinic seems like a speciality office) it would be <$100. But, eh.