TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
This is my favorite modern animated movie it´s so insanely relateable and depicts depression so perfectly well, how Riley´s 'Islands' I have no hobbies or passions or friends anymore so seeing Riley´s Hockey Island (her hobby/passion) and friendship island goes to the dumb along with goofball island is so heartbreaking to watch it´s like watching what happened to me just on another person it´s so relateable.

Also the core memories being thrown in the dumb hits me really hard too because it also feels like I can visually see all my memories from my childhood and even teenage years disappear only it happens to Riley of course but my memories from my youth are so vague like I have become so demented like I only can use 10% of my brain power and I have felt like this since my early twenties and even back then at age 20 I couldn´t vividly remember fun and exciting experiences at 16-17 years old, I could and can remember some but they are so vague and because of anhedonia there is no feeling connected to these memories which is why I think I don´t remember them as well. But back to the movie it´s just on point with every detail including these core memories that ends up in the dumb just to be forgotten forever.

And the worst was watching BingBong disappear in the dumb (Riley´s imaginary friend) while he says to Joy "take her to the moon" that had me crying the first time I saw it and gives me goosebumps just writing about it now because to me it´s like I watching my childhood imagination disappear forever and it broke my heart.

Inside Out Riley depression

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, glitchgirl, Ghost2211 and 7 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Inside out is such a great movie. The Bing Bong scene made me cry too. And so did the scene where sadness helps Riley.

• Love
Reactions: glitchgirl, Ghost2211, Stick and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Considering the amount of people with depression and/or suicidal thoughts on this forum I was sure this thread would get more attention since this movie is so relateable to the majority of us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick and Deleted member 19654
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Considering the amount of people with depression and/or suicidal thoughts on this forum I was sure this thread would get more attention since this movie is so relateable to the majority of us.
I really loved that movie, but I saw it a long time ago. Maybe you should have posted it in the off topic section? It might have had more traction there.
It is an amazing movie though

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Movie was great but I'm overly nit picky. :tongue:

How are the emotions in people's heads able to experience emotions other than the ones they embody? Do they have their own emotions in their head too? I get that that's probably not something anyone should be focusing on, but it was honestly distracting me the whole time trying to work out the mechanics of this world......

Reactions: Stick
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I really loved that movie, but I saw it a long time ago. Maybe you should have posted it in the off topic section? It might have had more traction there.
It is an amazing movie though
There are two reasons to that question I thought since it´s a suicide forum the movie depicting depression would be more suitable for 'suicide discussion' and the second reason is that when posting stuff in off-topic on any site basically no one sees the thread because they mainly use the main use for the forum in this case 'suicide discussion'. But in general people don´t care about me so I kind of get why I get ignored, I mean 127 views as of now and only 5 replies (including mine) for a movie that the majority of the forum can relate to, I get that some people think I write too much but if a person doesn´t like reading that much then the picture should capture them immediately with a little text to explain it.
Movie was great but I'm overly nit picky. :tongue:

How are the emotions in people's heads able to experience emotions other than the ones they embody? Do they have their own emotions in their head too? I get that that's probably not something anyone should be focusing on, but it was honestly distracting me the whole time trying to work out the mechanics of this world......
I get where you´re coming from but I´m not so picky since many of the things in the movie seemed like watching what happened to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
But in general people don´t care about me so I kind of get why I get ignored, I mean 127 views as of now and only 5 replies (including mine) for a movie that the majority of the forum can relate to, I get that some people think I write too much but if a person doesn´t like reading that much then the picture should capture them immediately with a little text to explain it.
Could just be that a lot of people here haven't actually seen the movie despite its themes (which aren't inherently something someone could gauge from the movie at first glance) so they avoided the thread because they either aren't interested in watching a (admittedly good) kid's movie with bright colors and stuff like that or maybe they are interested but still haven't seen it yet for whatever reason so they didn't click on the thread to avoid spoilers. At least from what I can tell, people don't seem to have any reason to ignore you per se. :ahhha:

I get where you´re coming from but I´m not so picky since many of the things in the movie seemed like watching what happened to me.
Trust me, I get that too. I mean I had similar feelings about relating to the Emoji Movie of all things.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Could just be that a lot of people here haven't actually seen the movie despite its themes (which aren't inherently something someone could gauge from the movie at first glance) so they avoided the thread because they either aren't interested in watching a (admittedly good) kid's movie with bright colors and stuff like that or maybe they are interested but still haven't seen it yet for whatever reason so they didn't click on the thread to avoid spoilers. At least from what I can tell, people don't seem to have any reason to ignore you per se.
Yeah but for the spoiler thing you mentioned doesn´t really stick when 120+ people have visited the thread and usually a picture will catch people´s attention but apparently didn´t plus the threads name is "Inside Out Pixar (spoilers) so even if people haven´t seen a "kids movie" as you describe it they know Pixar makes animated movies so that doesn´t stick either.
Trust me, I get that too. I mean I had similar feelings about relating to the Emoji Movie of all things.
I just looked at the trailer and the movie looks good and I remember when it came out but I really hate emojis, I miss the old days back when the only "emojis" we used were the classic :p :b :D xD ^.^ etc. many of these you can´t even use on Facebook anymore and other social media platforms because it´s code for an emoji so it makes those instead. And especially Facebooks emojis are so terrible, they have updated them many times and at one point I thought that some them fitted what I meant but then they changed them again so like this one :p used to fit way better than the newer ones and for some reason I never thought of it as sticking its tongue out I used :p and :b like it was the same one because I just saw it as a minor smiling "emoji" like this one :D and used to change between the two if I had used one of them too many times in a conversation I guess I just miss the old days back when things were so simple.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah but for the spoiler thing you mentioned doesn´t really stick when 120+ people have visited the thread and usually a picture will catch people´s attention but apparently didn´t plus the threads name is "Inside Out Pixar (spoilers) so even if people haven´t seen a "kids movie" as you describe it they know Pixar makes animated movies so that doesn´t stick either.
Maybe all those viewers just don't have anything to say about the movie? Idk.

I just looked at the trailer and the movie looks good and I remember when it came out but I really hate emojis, I miss the old days back when the only "emojis" we used were the classic :p :b :D xD ^.^ etc. many of these you can´t even use on Facebook anymore and other social media platforms because it´s code for an emoji so it makes those instead. And especially Facebooks emojis are so terrible, they have updated them many times and at one point I thought that some them fitted what I meant but then they changed them again so like this one :p used to fit way better than the newer ones and for some reason I never thought of it as sticking its tongue out I used :p and :b like it was the same one because I just saw it as a minor smiling "emoji" like this one :D and used to change between the two if I had used one of them too many times in a conversation I guess I just miss the old days back when things were so simple.
Ah, I mean the movie is objectively bad unlike Inside Out. I just related to a very specific scene in it. :ahhha:

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Ah, I mean the movie is objectively bad unlike Inside Out. I just related to a very specific scene in it.
Yeah I just saw the like to dislike ratio on the emoji movie trailer damn and the box office results were 217.6 million dollars where as Inside Out was 858 million in box office which I think is fair considering how entertaining the movie is both for children who doesn´t understand the full meaning and especially for adults with depression and/or suicidal thoughts.