Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Though I don't regret breaking up with my ex (which was barely a relationship) I saw that two of my friends are now to be parents (baby on the way)

Most of my friends (tho not all) are in relationships. And I wonder "what the hell is wrong with me being the 3rd wheel?"

Sadly, I don't think I can mentally handle jumping into another romantic relationship rn. I just feel alien, disgusting, and like something is wrong with me

Why me?

• Hugs
Reactions: Valky, Forever Sleep, Slow_Farewell and 3 others
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
same, most of my friends i have are either are married or might as well be. sometimes it feels like the world left me behind.

but remember, there are 8 billion people in the world, my philosophy is that SOMEONE has got to be able to put up with you right?

nothing wrong with being alone though, its definitely easier lol

Reactions: Slow_Farewell, ctvunny and Water-Lily
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
There's nothing wrong with being single. I understand that society likes to make it out to be something to be insecure about and that may cause you to feel bad about yourself when you're single and your friends aren't but there is nothing to feel bad about.

The fact that you've reflected and have come to the conclusion that a romantic relationship isn't what's good for you right now is a good thing. You should never go into any relationship until you feel like you at a place in life in which you feel comfortable doing so.

There are plenty of people who end up going into romantic relationships and end up feeling miserable and trapped, especially when they have a baby involved. It's easier, and in some cases safer, to be alone than to be in a relationship.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, ctvunny and leavingthesoultrap
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Some of the best times in my life were times when I've been single. There's a lot of freedom and self discovery that comes with it.

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
I only miss being in relationships cus I miss someone being legally obligated to give a damn about me, cus even with my friends, they won't notice or care when I'm gone. All my exes have been trainwrecks tho. I think I only attract insane people and it's never truly mutual. I think I will die alone as I watch all my siblings and friends get married and have kids and I'm sitting here wondering when I should just leave. No one wants to date an asexual and I wonder if I'm aro or I just end up hating the person I'm dating cus I realised their personality disgusts me. I dunno.

I don't wanna die alone but being loved is a horrifying concept to me.