• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

cornicecream

Oct 19, 2023
I find that I get insanely depressed in the weeks and days coming up to my period. I found out it isn't normal to feel this worthless, anxious, and suicidal during my cycle and was considering that it may be PMDD. However, I have a hard time differentiating whether or not these feelings come up only at specific points in my cycle, or if they're just constantly there and I'm simply blaming my cycle for it.

I definitely feel like I'm generally anxious and depressed regularly already, but it becomes borderline unmanageable when I know I'm getting my period soon. I can manage distracting myself or finding healthier ways to cope most days, but I always notice that I am a mess only at specific parts of the month. Idk. Anyone else relate to this?

• Hugs
Reactions: GroundControl and ApparentlyNot
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I have PMDD. When I initially heard what it was, I immediately knew I had it. It felt so validating to hear the symptoms listed and know that my PMS wasn't normal and that it could potentially be treated. I think something that marked it very clearly for me was the undeniable relief I would get as soon as my period would come. I was just unconsolably suicidal for the week leading up to my period and then one day that suicidality would simply vanish and I would get my period and be able to function again. As I have gotten older, my general depression has worsened significantly, and I no longer notice the strong distinction I did when I was younger between when I was and wasn't experiencing symptoms of PMDD or PMS - if my experience today was all I had to go off of, I would have a hard time knowing I had it. That is to say, it seems a bit harder to notice PMDD when you are depressed on top of it. I'd highly recommend speaking to your doctor about your symptoms.

Reactions: cornicecream
Upvote 0
C

cornicecream

Oct 19, 2023
I have PMDD. When I initially heard what it was, I immediately knew I had it. It felt so validating to hear the symptoms listed and know that my PMS wasn't normal and that it could potentially be treated. I think something that marked it very clearly for me was the undeniable relief I would get as soon as my period would come. I was just unconsolably suicidal for the week leading up to my period and then one day that suicidality would simply vanish and I would get my period and be able to function again. As I have gotten older, my general depression has worsened significantly, and I no longer notice the strong distinction I did when I was younger between when I was and wasn't experiencing symptoms of PMDD or PMS - if my experience today was all I had to go off of, I would have a hard time knowing I had it. That is to say, it seems a bit harder to notice PMDD when you are depressed on top of it. I'd highly recommend speaking to your doctor about your symptoms.
i appreciate this! may try to get some opinions on it when i get a job maybe. Don't want my family paying for the hospital visits and knowing what they're for lol.
And im so sorry to hear how your general depression has worsened as of late. I cant possibly know what that is like for you but im hoping the good days make the bad days worth living through šŸ™

Upvote 0
GroundControl

GroundControl

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Feb 3, 2024
I have PMDD! It's actually one of my many reasons to ctb. My periods are awful and I suffer so much emotionally during my entire cycle. What's interesting is I never seem to learn that the thoughts are because of PMDD. It always takes me a bit to be like, "Oh. I'm gonna start my montly lol."

Upvote 0
C

cornicecream

Oct 19, 2023
I have PMDD! It's actually one of my many reasons to ctb. My periods are awful and I suffer so much emotionally during my entire cycle. What's interesting is I never seem to learn that the thoughts are because of PMDD. It always takes me a bit to be like, "Oh. I'm gonna start my montly lol."
frrr like even if u do acknowledge they are because of PMDD, it doesnt help alleviate the emotions its so exhausting! hang in there

Upvote 0