WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Like the Great Old Ones of Lovecraftian lore, my demons are fearsome eldritch horrors with expert control over the human psyche. They thrive in the free rein I have unwittingly given them, and have gorged themselves silly on a bountiful harvest of negative emotions. They have become too powerful to be defeated or overcome. They call you names, insult and ridicule you. All the while convincing you that they're on your side and act in your best interests. Victory without a fight. Every curveball life throws at you is an opportunity. They watch with glee as you fold in the face of adversity, tightening their grip on you and sapping at your will to live.

"Such a klutz. It's a miracle you're still alive. 'How' that's possible can qualify as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Hey, I've got an idea! Tell you what, perhaps you could send our warmest regards to truck-kun the next time you cross the street and save us the trouble."

"Look around you. Drinking, partying, sex... Such indulgence. Don't you wish you were like them? Feast your eyes on that which you'll never have! Ha ha ha..."

"It's not the job, it's you. You're not cut out for anything in life.
Give. Up."

Do you have an inner critic? If so, how does it speak to you? Do you hear a single entity or multiple voices, where each has a distinct character? Do you have a drill sergeant barking commands at you, or an earworm composed of the nasty remarks others have made at you?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Duckup, outatime_85, houseofleaves and 3 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Depression itself feels like a demon that has taken over my body. I wasn't like this years before. I wouldn't say I have an entity or multiple voices telling me these things, it just feels like I have a dark cloud hanging over me where I realize how futile everything seems to be. It's hard to describe.

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85, houseofleaves, MountainMonkey and 1 other person
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Depression itself feels like a demon that has taken over my body. I wasn't like this years before. I wouldn't say I have an entity or multiple voices telling me these things, it just feels like I have a dark cloud hanging over me where I realize how futile everything seems to be. It's hard to describe.
I know what you mean. This week I've been overwhelmed by a feeling of dread that seemingly came out of nowhere, and wouldn't go away no matter how much I wanted it to, so I thought I'd try to figure out the cause and try to work on it.

First and foremost, it could be due to the fact that I kept making mistakes at work, much to the annoyance of my colleagues. This has put the fear of making mistakes in me, so much so that I began to dread going to work. Company has also made amendments to their policy such that it is now mandatory to work on Fridays and weekends. Failure to do so will result in a lower hourly rate. In addition, you will be awarded an incentive bonus if you clock in at least a hundred hours in a month. Based on my calculations I'll have to work at least 3 weekdays while attending weekend classes. Thought I could handle the workload at first, but yesterday was your typical busy Friday at the restaurant and I realised I had bitten off more than I could chew, so I decided to take a break from work for now until my exams are over.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Pluto
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Deep words

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?