• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
What kind of problems could potentially arise that would cause failure after losing consciousness but before death when using inert gas and bag?

As I amass all the items I need for this and ctb gets closer to reality, I feel like I am missing something important and vital. This method seems too easy, too good to be true. Especially when reading 'Five Last Acts'.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Idorus and 5 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
You dislodge the exit bag or pipe (some people will convulse during the process).

Survival instinct kicks in and you take the bag off.

Not enough gas in the cylinder or not the right setting LPM to displace all the oxygen.

All these aside its still my chosen method due to realtive ease and a more peacefull method. Ive researched it alot

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Idorus and 6 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
some people will convulse during the process
When I think of convulsing, I think of what happens with hanging: there is a lot of movement there sometimes.

My understanding is that with gas and bag, it's not so much convulsing but rather twitching, which is much more constrained in comparison. Is that accurate?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
When I think of convulsing, I think of what happens with hanging: there is a lot of movement there sometimes.

My understanding is that with gas and bag, it's not so much convulsing but rather twitching, which is much more constrained in comparison. Is that accurate?

No way to tell unless its filmed i guess but even then everyone is different so how one persons body reacts might not be the same for everyone. Best to plan for all eventualities, less chance of failure then

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 3 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
everyone is different so how one persons body reacts might not be the same for everyone. Best to plan for all eventualities, less chance of failure then
So true. Thanks.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 1234dave and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
As I amass all the items I need for this and ctb gets closer to reality, I feel like I am missing something important and vital. This method seems too easy, too good to be true.
It is too easy, too good to be true, but probably not for any lack of the mechanism.

I have tried three times now with eb/N2. My failures have been entirely due to an overactive survival instinct: I pull the bag away just as I'm starting to black out.

Here's where I've had trouble: The recommended approach is to put the bag on your head like a shower cap, scrunch out all the air, and then allow it to inflate with inert gas (N2). Running the gas tube up your back was suggested, and it works well for me; I affix it at the back of my head with a hair elastic around my queue.

With the bag inflated with N2, you hyperventilate to clear your lungs of CO2, exhale deeply and hold, pull the N2-filled bag down over your face and settle the elastic around your neck, and then take a deep breath of inert gas.

I'll bet that approach works very well. The trouble I have consistently had is that I'm very anxious --I am killing myself, after all-- and I can't seem to exhale very deeply to begin with, nor can I breathe deeply once the bag is on my head. My adrenaline is singing, and I end up breathing very fast and shallow.

The result is that I don't pass out very quickly. I'd love to give you a specific amount of time it take before my hands start to tingle, my head gets swimmy, and my vision starts to grey, but stress-induced time dilation is pretty intense, and I haven't any idea how short or long a time it is before I pull the bag away.

The end result is that it takes longer than you might expect, and you have plenty of time for survival instinct to kick in and foil your plans.

As for convulsions/twitching, I have read that you don't want to lie down, because the more freedom you have to twitch, the more likely the bag is to be displaced. You want to be sitting up, so that if your head does move around at all, it doesn't have the entire force of your body behind it. Honestly, if you've built your eb properly, with good elastic and a cord lock, I don't think it'll displace easily. Mine is surprisingly secure.

Reactions: lv-gras, Lifeisatrap, Idorus and 4 others
onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
Someone on here gave me the idea to use the shallow water drowning technique with the exit bag (or mask in my case). Basically if you hyperventilate to get all the CO2 out of your system then hold your breath you will black out. Because the body senses high CO2 not low oxygen when you need air and feel like you have to take a breath. Look up shallow water drowning if you're interested.

So I thought turn on the gas, hyperventilate for a few minutes, put the mask on and hold my breath. After a minute or two, I'd black out and start automatically breathing argon, so never wake up. Seems quick and easier than other ways.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jen Erik
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
As for convulsions/twitching, I have read that you don't want to lie down, because the more freedom you have to twitch, the more likely the bag is to be displaced. You want to be sitting up, so that if your head does move around at all, it doesn't have the entire force of your body behind it. Honestly, if you've built your eb properly, with good elastic and a cord lock, I don't think it'll displace easily. Mine is surprisingly secure.
This is very useful in helping me prepare for and understand what goes on with regard to movements that might occur. Thanks.

So I thought turn on the gas, hyperventilate for a few minutes, put the mask on and hold my breath. After a minute or two, I'd black out and start automatically breathing argon, so never wake up. Seems quick and easier than other ways.
I like this idea. Thanks.

Reactions: onewayroad, Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and 1 other person