G

godenhea

Nov 17, 2020
Sorry for my english, i'm from polish and i write with google translator.

New applications

According to my tests and analyzes, after filling the bag with inert gas and putting it on our head, we will pass out after about 10 seconds, similar to hanging (lack of oxygen in the brain).

Is it not the case that the mere loss of consciousness in the bag will kill us, even without a continuous supply of inert gas?

If we are unconscious, it means that the oxygen in the bag is already being bought, so even if the cylinder fails, we will not be able to breathe on our head in a year (the body will keep trying to breathe until we die)

I tried to breathe in from the bag until all the oxygen was used up, and then I was unable to take any more puffs. The sack stuck to the mouth and air from outside did not flow through the rubber band.

What do you think about it?

Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
If i'm not mistaken you need the nitrogen continuous supply to trick your body that you are still breathing but instead of oxygen it get nitrogen which is not life supporting

• Love
Reactions: LADY007 and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
As mentioned by @Nullm, a continuous supply of nitrogen is required to starve the brain of oxygen in the absence of carbon dioxide.

The brain cannot differentiate between oxygen and nitrogen is "fooled" into shutting down without the ill effects of suffocation (i.e., strangulation through hypercapnia and hypoxemia). In the event of cylinder failure, carbon dioxide will build up and suffocation will occur which is excruciating.

If you are interested, there is a detailed explanation of hypoxia in the Sep 15th post on my blog. The link to my blog can be found under my name. Best regards!

Reactions: Kbeau and LADY007
G

godenhea

Nov 17, 2020
As mentioned by @Nullm, a continuous supply of nitrogen is required to starve the brain of oxygen in the absence of carbon dioxide.

The brain cannot differentiate between oxygen and nitrogen is "fooled" into shutting down without the ill effects of suffocation (i.e., strangulation through hypercapnia and hypoxemia). In the event of cylinder failure, carbon dioxide will build up and suffocation will occur which is excruciating.

If you are interested, there is a detailed explanation of hypoxia in the Sep 15th post on my blog. The link to my blog can be found under my name. Best regards!

I agree, but after losing consciousness with inert gas, your brain will not let you know that it is choking on carbon dioxide, because it is unconscious and oxygen will not pass through the foil or rubber band. That's what I mean.

In short: It is important to breathe inert gas until you pass out, then the brain will not give any signals that it is choking with carbon dioxide and the inert gas is no longer flowing.

Analogy to hanging: After 10 seconds, a person loses consciousness, and then he does not care that he lacks oxygen because he is unconscious.

I am writing with a google translator, so maybe it is a bit harder to understand me.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
So it is possible to do this with whip cream dispensers? I mean, filling up a bag with nitrous and then putting said bag over your head? It sounds difficult. I have no idea how one would go about getting a nitrous tank, & all the accompanying equipment, Anyone know?

Reactions: Greenberg
M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
So it is possible to do this with whip cream dispensers? I mean, filling up a bag with nitrous and then putting said bag over your head? It sounds difficult. I have no idea how one would go about getting a nitrous tank, & all the accompanying equipment, Anyone know?
There is book called Five Last Acts. This method is documented at length in there. One thing I remember: most bags will let oxygen molecules in and out, ensuring failure. But, incredibly, there was one case (cited in the book) where an elderly man had a plastic bag, filled it with helium from [a small tank?], put it over his head, passed out and died. That's the 1% left over from the 99% rate of failures if you did it like that.
There is book called Five Last Acts. This method is documented at length in there. One thing I remember: most bags will let oxygen molecules in and out, ensuring failure. But, incredibly, there was one case (cited in the book) where an elderly man had a plastic bag, filled it with helium from [a small tank?], put it over his head, passed out and died. That's the 1% left over from the 99% rate of failures if you did it like that.
I think you can find the book on Library Genesis.
I agree, but after losing consciousness with inert gas, your brain will not let you know that it is choking on carbon dioxide, because it is unconscious and oxygen will not pass through the foil or rubber band. That's what I mean.

In short: It is important to breathe inert gas until you pass out, then the brain will not give any signals that it is choking with carbon dioxide and the inert gas is no longer flowing.

Analogy to hanging: After 10 seconds, a person loses consciousness, and then he does not care that he lacks oxygen because he is unconscious.

I am writing with a google translator, so maybe it is a bit harder to understand me.
I think you might be right. But you must check with the literature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bauhaus and Greenberg
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are somewhat correct, but my question is why would you use an inferior method if you have a tank and a bag? The somewhat correct part is yes it will be fatal, and the only scenario when consciousness might be regained is at a threshold of losing consciousness and applying a stimuli (in this case CO2). This scenario doesn't apply, as CO2 won't be overly elevated so quickly. I am assuming you are using a large bag.

the mechanics are why this is a bad idea. First, an exit bag can be placed on the head in a manner that does not allow oxygen (air) to enter, and any residual air is quickly flushed by the flow of inert gas. This method does not allow this, which guarantees a low, but not zero oxygen environment. Secondly, trash bags do not have the same strength as an oven bag, which can enable a tear to occur. Third, it is one thing to have a small bag securely placed on the head. It is quite another to have a giant bag over the head that can much easily be punctured or displaced by movement or the body settling.

along with air entering the bag when putting it on, oxygen can be expired when breathing, particularly at first. (Obviously, Nitrogen and CO2 are the predominant components of expired air, but they are not the only components). These facts, again mean a low oxygen environment, not a zero oxygen environment, as with an exit bag. This will be fatal in time, but in no case will it be faster than a standard exit bag.

As I assume anyone contemplating this would be filling the bag in the room (not transporting it across town), I can only assume the reason for doing this is not wanting to place a small bag over one's head or not wanting to take the time to build an exit bag. In every case, an exit bag is superior to greatly superior.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rolo, profoundexperience, Bauhaus and 1 other person