L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
As far as I can tell, this one would work just fine. And thank you! I haven't been able to find one that cheap that could be delivered to my home, much appreciated!

Upvote 0
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
As far as I can tell, this one would work just fine. And thank you! I haven't been able to find one that cheap that could be delivered to my home, much appreciated!
Of course! can I pm you if you're also using this method?

Upvote 0
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
It will work but the cylinder contains calibration N2 gas, which I think would be overkill.

Standard industrial N2 gas will suffice.

Upvote 0
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
It will work but the cylinder contains calibration N2 gas, which I think would be overkill.

Standard industrial N2 gas will suffice.
Can you tell me what the difference is in calibration vs industrial gas? It doesnt make sense to me.. I actually thought calibration gas would NOT work?

Upvote 0
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
When working with gases in confined spaces where the atmosphere may contain harmful gases, having an accurate gas detector is essential. Without it, workers may be at risk of illness and injury without even realizing it. But to do its job properly, the detector must be well-calibrated. Gas detectors are meant to save lives, but when they are inaccurate or incorrectly calibrated, they can become a serious risk.

Calibration gases are the unsung heroes of gas detection. These gases are used to calibrate gas detectors and ensure their proper functioning. The only way to confirm that a gas detector is accurate is to test it with a known concentration of gas – that is, a calibration gas. By exposing the detector to a confirmed concentration of a particular gas, users can determine whether the sensors respond accurately or provide an erroneous reading.

In short, a calibration gas is a reference of known purity and concentration. For your example, N2 5.0 is 99.999% pure; in contrast, industrial-grade N2 4.0 is 99.99%. The higher the purity, the more expensive the product.

You can find the different grades of nitrogen and other gases on my August 27th blog entry. (The link to my blog can be found under my photo, under my name.)

Reactions: GasMonkey
Upvote 1