• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Can a lung explosion occur due to inhaling an inert gas?
If for some reason the gas flow was set incorrectly and for some time a person does not manage to lose consciousness, is this possible?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
If for some reason the gas flow was set incorrectly and for some time a person does not manage to lose consciousness, is this possible?
No, Greenberg reports no incidents of this ever occurring

• Love
Reactions: mywayout and Justnotme
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Nitrous oxide can cause spontaneous pneumothorax but I've never heard of this occurring with inert gas. The air we breathe is already 78% inert gas, our lungs are used to it.

Edit: Upon further reading, it is a possibility. Source

In the case of incompetent use of the equipment theoretically dedicated to such suicide, death may occur not because of the suffocation, which is the most common mechanism in such cases, but because of a pressure injury of the respiratory tract, resulting in rapid damage to the alveoli in the rupture mechanism, causing massive bleeding.

Last edited:
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Nitrous oxide can cause spontaneous pneumothorax but I've never heard of this occurring with inert gas. The air we breathe is already 78% inert gas, our lungs are used to it.
Upon further reading, it is a possibility. Source
Thanks for the reply. On the one hand, I think Philip Nitschke would have warned about such a possible outcome... On the other hand, I don't fully trust him.
That's why I'm very afraid.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
If for some reason the gas flow was set incorrectly
How much incorrectly? If you try to do something really weird like inhaling high-pressurized gas (at 150 atm) straight from the gas cylinder, then yeah, you can damage your respiratory system easily. If you use an open plastic bag with a pressure that barely exceeds 1 atm, I can't imagine how it could cause any mechanical damage.