K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
My family wants me to get married in the hope that my depression and suicidal thoughts will get cured once i have a lovely wife.

I don't think i will be cured. I don't want kids, or wife. I want to die alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, Prime0, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Heard that explanation given by so many parents - not fair on the person who has depression or the person marry if they are not aware of the situation

Reactions: silentnights56, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
Heard that explanation given by so many parents - not fair on the person who has depression or the person marry if they are not aware of the situation
I must kill myself before the marriage.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, silentnights56, toyruin44 and 2 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
If one cant even handle our own head, our own personal life why would we be stable for a marriage that requires so much mentally and physically. Some people have their brains just as a christmas ornament or something. Marrying requires two stable people, if not then its a waste of time, that is if its even worth it to begin with as 50% ends in divorce thanks to humans being immature and just fake. Dont let anyone put pressure on you.

• Love
Reactions: silentnights56, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Reactions: silentnights56, Praestat_Mori and King Ashoka
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think that marriage causes even more problems to an already stressful existence.
And breeding makes it even more stressful.

• Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, silentnights56, hellispink and 3 others
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
Why shpuld you kill yourself for their decision? Have you considered moving out instead?
Yes i am considering moving 200 kilometers away from home.

Reactions: silentnights56, Kit1, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Many years ago I had an Indian colleague at work UK). He went into an arranged marriage and when I asked him how he felt about it, he said "it's a bitch being brown".
I stayed in touch with him after I left that job (by then I'd met his parents as I'd been invited for dinner, etc). Anyhow about 5 years later he said he was happy, he said him and his wife made it work.

I'm not condoning marriage or saying you shouldn't kill yourself. Your post just reminded me of this story.
I'm sorry about your situation.

Reactions: King Ashoka, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
LOOOL after being married for many years I can tell you marriage can also give depression at some points in a life time. Kids will make a possible CTB even harder (may cause more suffering for you) and a wife may not solve the problems if they already exist before a potential marriage.

That's not gonna help you at all depending on your personal circumstances. I hope you can find a suitable solution for you and I hope you find peace whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, BrainShower, King Ashoka and 2 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I always feel.sorry for people going in blindly into arranged marriages without realising that we suffer from depression etc. That is not fair on the other person.

Glad that you are planning to move away.

Reactions: silentnights56, WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
S

silentnights56

Dec 6, 2023
I think that marriage causes even more problems to an already stressful existence.
And breeding makes it even more stressful.
Breeding and existence are the foundations for every problem humanity has...
LOOOL after being married for many years I can tell you marriage can also give depression at some points in a life time. Kids will make a possible CTB even harder (may cause more suffering for you) and a wife may not solve the problems if they already exist before a potential marriage.

That's not gonna help you at all depending on your personal circumstances. I hope you can find a suitable solution for you and I hope you find peace whatever you decide to do.
Once heard a crazy thing a natalist say, he literally said "I know elders in the family use marriage and kids to trap us, but I understand them". Some people are ok (or even love) being prisoners, but ermmm, not everyone is like that...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and WAITING TO DIE