F

Free_me

Jan 6, 2021
Last decent friend I had would generally never hangout when I asked, it was always on their terms and time. Now they've fallen off the grid, and basically dodge my texts, always busy to do anything now. Let alone responses are 2 days out.

I'd think this is just growing old, he did get a new girlfriend, but another instance I got invited out to an after work event with a few people I get along with at work but ended up being awkwardly shy and now said work friends are also dipping out of future plans and distancing at work.

Strange place to be in when you just seemingly can't connect with people. Even with similar interests, generally people just slowly drift out of my life even with me trying to be more direct and forward.

Back to pandemic life, which was basically my life anyway pre-covid. At least I can say I tried.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Journeytoletgo, motel rooms and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never been able to connect with people that much. I used to have a few friends in the past but I have lost contact with most of them. People are just disappointing in my opinion and I guess it suits me, I like isolating myself from other people and I am naturally introverted.

• Hugs
Reactions: Free_me, Pisceslilith, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Me too. I lost all desire to socialize and interact a long time ago. I think I just give people bad vibes now because of my shyness, awkwardness, low self esteem, emotional issues, and misery it's why I avoid people I'd rather not even try because they don't like me for these traits I possess also my looks aren't the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Free_me, Pisceslilith and 2 others
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I am not able to connect with people well. I don't think it's them, I think it's me. I have had friends in the past but they haven't kept in touch with me. Obviously, if I was a better person they'd want to keep in touch with me. I would like to improve myself but I don't know what I should do differently. Things aren't always obvious to me. I am not always interested in what people have to say, I feel like I just use people for my own gain. I think it's better if I avoid people so that I don't take advantage of them or hurt their feelings. Eventually, I want to kill myself and it will be easier if I distance myself from people as well.

I often don't know what to say in social situations and I have distanced myself from people or been to weird. I seem to make poor social decisions that I regret.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Free_me, Fatal Femme and 1 other person
B

Burned out

Sep 22, 2018
I am asocial AND unable to connect to people. Forcing myself to try to connect just makes me more like I already am. It seems one trait enforces the other.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Free_me, Pisceslilith and 2 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Story of my life but honestly as time goes by it doesn't bother me anymore. So long as I have places to go on the net to share my interests, thoughts and have debates with similar like minded ppl then i'm gucci. I already find socializing to be a chore when (working/running errands/seeing fam to appear normal) why would I do it on my free time?

Reactions: FuneralCry, Free_me and Pisceslilith