deathviahanging

deathviahanging

caring is boring
Sep 28, 2023
in your opinion what's the worst thought process/mindset to have in day to day life? i'll start, for me it has to be this "delusional" mindset that has been trending recently, those who believe everything will go their way if they manifest it hard enough, they connect a bunch of coincidences to feed these delusions and yeah it can help them feel better but once they receive a reality check they get super defensive. it lacks a lot of logic

Reactions: wait.what, MeltingBrain and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
in your opinion what's the worst thought process/mindset to have in day to day life? i'll start, for me it has to be this "delusional" mindset that has been trending recently, those who believe everything will go their way if they manifest it hard enough, they connect a bunch of coincidences to feed these delusions and yeah it can help them feel better but once they receive a reality check they get super defensive. it lacks a lot of logic
Oh are you talking about the law of attraction? I tried it but idk if it worked, haha. I'm not sure if I completely believe in it tho, but it's an interesting idea and concept. I think that you can manifest things but you need to put in the hard work and effort for your desires to come into reality. I think those people just think about what they want without putting in the work needed for it. Why don't you believe in manifestation/law of attraction?

Personally I believe that the worst thought process is the belief that things will get better, because there's no guarantee that they will. People have blind faith and optimism about the future, and are so full of hope for it. I know that a positive mindset is better than a negative one, but still. You don't know if things will get better in your life, and I hate how people always believe that they will. Things could get much, much worse…

Last edited:
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
In my opinion, the worst would be blind utopian idealism. Nothing worse than thinking it's all sunshine and rainbows and utilizing toxic positivity to shut down anything perceived as "too negative".

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Per Ardua Ad Astra, carac and 2 others
deathviahanging

deathviahanging

caring is boring
Sep 28, 2023
Oh are you talking about the law of attraction? I tried it but idk if it worked, haha. I'm not sure if I completely believe in it tho, but it's an interesting idea and concept. I think that you can manifest things but you need to put in the hard work and effort for your desires to come into reality. I think those people just think about what they want without putting in the work needed for it. Why don't you believe in manifestation/law of attraction?

Personally I believe that the worst thought process is the belief that things will get better, because there's no guarantee that they will. People have blind faith and optimism about the future, and are so full of hope for it. I know that a positive mindset is better than a negative one, but still. You don't know if things will get better in your life, and I hate how people always believe that they will. Things could get much, much worse…
i can see why you feel that way! the belief that things have to get better can be so destructive and for the law of attraction it's very interesting i believe the majority of people believe in a much more watered down version, the actual law intrigues me the people im referring to and show little to no interest in learning how it actually works they're very defensive and keen on being right manifesting things without working towards that goal it's like sitting around and hoping for a case of money to fall from the roof
In my opinion, the worst would be blind utopian idealism. Nothing worse than thinking it's all sunshine and rainbows and utilizing toxic positivity to shut down anything perceived as "too negative".
i can agree with this the majority of people i've met find it hard to believe that positivity can be toxic despite it being very commonly spread on social media masked as "motivation"

Reactions: sserafim
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Any delusional belief makes life more difficult as it distorts the perception of reality. Optimistic delusions and pessimistic delusion are both harmful in their own ways.

However, regret turned to self-hatred would probably be the worst ordeal to live with. I'm not sure how anyone overcomes that.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
deathviahanging

deathviahanging

caring is boring
Sep 28, 2023
Any delusional belief makes life more difficult as it distorts the perception of reality. Optimistic delusions and pessimistic delusion are both harmful in their own ways.

However, regret turned to self-hatred would probably be the worst ordeal to live with. I'm not sure how anyone overcomes that.
Ah as someone who's actually dealt with that thought process for me i've personally never overcome it, just pushed it to the back of my head

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
process/mindsets is really just a symptom of circumstance, law of attraction is a big load

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Actually, I find the more negative mindsets harder to live with- I'm failing, I'll never be good enough, why am I even trying anyway? It's all pointless after all. When you do need to work snd sustain yourself financially- I don't know how helpful it really is to be such a pessimist. I guess it can help stop you from being exploited but really- in this kind of world- that's likely to happen anyway- whether you're aware of it or not.

I guess I do resent that belief we get ingrained in us at school- that- if we only work hard, we will succeed. Still- to be fair- without that- would we bother at all? Hard work certainly is part of the process. If we knew just how hard it really was, would we try in the first place? And, if we don't try or- don't belive that trying will make a difference- we almost certainly won't succeed. I can't see how that would make us happier.

• Informative
Reactions: deathviahanging and Dead Horse
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
I wake up every morning between 5 and 6am with intense regret. I was living on my own in a lovely big house where I've been for 26 years (8 months on my own). Now sold and moved in with my wife (we were separated), where my daughter stays, and it's small, noisy, modern, characterless. Just hate it. I have no life now. There's a big hole where my heart should be. Empty! Consumed with regret and have suicidal thoughts for 10 hours every day. No way of going back.

I have personality disorder/bipolar and anxiety. I'm never at peace. Never content and happy. Ever.

The worst feeling is that I'm of being trapped and in pain, knowing my best life is in the past. I want to die, knowing that I can't, because of the hurt it would cause. My son ctb 6 years ago. One day I will.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Dead Horse
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
I don't know, I hate mindsets that are based on what we want to believe and not on what makes sense, although, sometimes those mindsets can be helpful even if illogical.

Without trying to offend anyone, some examples would be the belief that things will be fine no matter what, the belief we deserve the best because we're oh so beautiful and strong and amazing, any kind of religious belief, and tbh, the belief that life can have any meaning at all. Probably not the most popular opinions.

The worst for me would be the idea that every person is 100% responsible for where they end up in life and that any success or failure is that person's fault. I mean, I've made tons of mistakes, but without my mental health problems, I would probably avoid some of them, so...

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, deathviahanging and Per Ardua Ad Astra
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Fear/anxiety, especially about everything or when it's irrational. A little fear is good, it's natural, it's a protective instinct we all have designed to keep us safe. Too much fear can destroy us.

• Love
Reactions: deathviahanging
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I really don't like the "prosperity gospel" mindset. Blasphemy is a victimless crime, but if God did exist, I think he'd be pretty pissed at being turned into people's personal ATM. Jesus was really not fond of the Temple money changers, for example.

There's also this thing about associating salvation with earthly wealth and good luck that is just repellant. It encourages victim-blaming and other distortions of reality, like "being born on third base and thinking you hit a triple."

• Love
Reactions: deathviahanging and Per Ardua Ad Astra