• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I always loved the lyrics in the song 'Nikita' by Elton John:

'Hey Nikita, is it cold
In your little corner of the world?'

It's a weird kind of paradox (if that's the right word) where our own perception is so tiny when you consider how many lives have been lived and how (comparitively) short they are. Yet, our perception to us is our whole world and it's utterly catastrophic when it's bad.

I guess I've always liked this song and lyric because it's someone giving a shit about someone else's experience in the world. Probably because the character in the song fancies her but, still.

I feel drawn to other songs too like: 'Drive' by The Cars because it's someone caring about someone else. Do you find yourself doing that?

I know it's sentimental and self pittying. Plus, I know it's all of my own doing or- not doing. I'm not even truthfully that lonely. I probably just like the fairytale idea of having someone who cares. In reality though, I'm too scared to try and find them. Too scared of the rejection at whatever stage.

Do you have songs or films, books, whatever where you think- that experience sounds nice?

• Love
Reactions: Saturn_
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
It's a weird kind of paradox (if that's the right word) where our own perception is so tiny when you consider how many lives have been lived and how (comparitively) short they are.
I feel this, hard. I feel like my consciousness is limited—like it limits me—and I hate it. There's an entire universe out there and all I get to perceive and experience is well, a corner. I love the idea some belief systems hold—that when you die your consciousness becomes one with the universe. I don't think they're right but at least a part of me wishes they were.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: innominesatanas44 and Forever Sleep
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I feel this, hard. I feel like my consciousness is limited—like it limits me—and I hate it. There's an entire universe out there and all I get to perceive and experience is well, a corner. I love the idea some belief systems hold—that when you die your consciousness becomes one with the universe. I don't think they're right but at least a part of me wishes they were.
It is a bit unsettling to consider that technically the whole universe, even the farthest stretches unimaginable, exists as a function of our brain's interpretation of physical signals our sensory organs pick up and send to it (so "consciousness"). So it already is one with the universe while we are alive. It ends up being a bit of a paradox though. We can agree that things exist outside of our minds and yet they only exist as a function of them at the very same time.

Putting aside neuroscience and metaphysics it is true that our experience is necessarily very limited. We only have so much time and any given moment (or day or week or year or any other time unit) is gone once it has elapsed. We can only do so much. There are billions of people and we will only ever encounter an infinitesimal fraction of that let alone cultivate meaningful relationships.

Which is why the Internet was a big boon because otherwise people like me would have missed out on awesome people living in faraway lands like you and @Forever Sleep!

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and jar-baby