Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
I was asked to write a thread about my favorite cafe of South Korea.

I never knew that there were so many people who were interested in my country, South Korea.
I was astonished. In fact, many of Korean consider their country as a weak and unknown country.

They have little confidence, and usually envy other countries' people, especially in US or EU nations'.
Often, they call their country 'Hell-Chosun'. It means the hellish Korea.

Anyway, there will be some photos which I had taken in this cafe.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami, Lotus, inthemoonblue and 10 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Those sweets look delish.

There are many great things to experience in Korea and East Asia in general. However, you want to be there as a guest. You don't want to be part of the society. The society is the hell. If I'm ever going back to Asia, it will be in the employment of a western company, and I will present myself as an outsider. This way I can enjoy the good things and be blind to the bad things.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Buffy5120, Umbreon and 4 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Do you like Champon, Blue Rose? There's soo many good Korean foods, I'm super jealous of all your sweets. I miss the Korean shops near where I used to live, could full a bucket up of different variants of Kimchi for real cheap and they also had lots of really good pastries with Taro flavor.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Blue Rose
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Do you like Champon, Blue Rose? There's soo many good Korean foods, I'm super jealous of all your sweets. I miss the Korean shops near where I used to live, could full a bucket up of different variants of Kimchi for real cheap and they also had lots of really good pastries with Taro flavor.
I like Champon too! I was touched with those who were loving my country so much! I want to introduce an interior photo of a Paris Baguette:)

Paris Baguette

• Love
Reactions: Hirokami, Hennessy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
Keep me updated! This is a great thread. Adventures of blue rose at the coffee shop.

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
:smiling: Thanks for the photo's !

Really love people sharing pictures of stuff they are around !

Reactions: Blue Rose and Hennessy
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, Livingvsdying25, Makko and 2 others
140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
I've spent about 5-6 month in South Korea in 2015. 3 month in Seoul and more than 2 month on Jejudo. That's really interesting country. But kinda of sad point, that Koreans preferred to follow western model of society instead of their traditional culture.

But I don't know how people over there can consider own country as weak and unknown. It's the most hi tech and progressive country in Asia (except Japan maybe, but I never been there).
Seoul subway - the best subway I had a chance to be. There's no city in US which has such a fresh, clean and organized underground system.
Kitchen is really amazing. I've even tried dishes, which are considered as a "unhuman/violent/disgusting/ here, when Americans hear about it.

Plus, I've tried the best desert in my life. I don't remember how it calls, but it was a place, where two guys where making those "candies" i guess, which been basically made on your eyes. We called it "clouds". They've been making it from rice flour, I guess, but the way they been doing it - was like a whole show, like a spider making his net. Incredible hand work. I remember I brought a lot of boxes of those things to home. Everybody who tried it, was craving for more. I wish I could get it again...or find out how they called at least.

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy and Blue Rose
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
I've spent about 5-6 month in South Korea in 2015. 3 month in Seoul and more than 2 month on Jejudo. That's really interesting country. But kinda of sad point, that Koreans preferred to follow western model of society instead of their traditional culture.

But I don't know how people over there can consider own country as weak and unknown. It's the most hi tech and progressive country in Asia (except Japan maybe, but I never been there).
Seoul subway - the best subway I had a chance to be. There's no city in US which has such a fresh, clean and organized underground system.
Kitchen is really amazing. I've even tried dishes, which are considered as a "unhuman/violent/disgusting/ here, when Americans hear about it.

Plus, I've tried the best desert in my life. I don't remember how it calls, but it was a place, where two guys where making those "candies" i guess, which been basically made on your eyes. We called it "clouds". They've been making it from rice flour, I guess, but the way they been doing it - was like a whole show, like a spider making his net. Incredible hand work. I remember I brought a lot of boxes of those things to home. Everybody who tried it, was craving for more. I wish I could get it again...or find out how they called at least.

I guess... It would be Mochi or Rice cake. In Korea, we call it 떡(Tteok)
Maybe you bought the soft, round, and chewy rice cake.

I can't regard it as other foods except Mochi or Rice cake.
And maybe they were white or light-brown colour.
But it is simply my assumption. Not all rice cake are white or light-brown.
Had it azuki beans or something other inside? If it had, I am sure it is Rice cake or Mochi.

Reactions: Hennessy
140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
I guess... It would be Mochi or Rice cake. In Korea, we call it 떡(Tteok)
Maybe you bought the soft, round, and chewy rice cake.

I can't regard it as other foods except Mochi or Rice cake.
And maybe they were white or light-brown colour.
But it is simply my assumption. Not all rice cake are white or light-brown.
Had it azuki beans or something other inside? If it had, I am sure it is Rice cake or Mochi.
Oh I've found it on youtube! corn flour not rice. Now I know that they called Dragon Beard candy. Nostalgia from this video

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I wanna travel there sooo bad.

So many places I wanna go see and eat at so luv this thread!!!

Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Makko and 2 others
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Makko and 2 others
Playlainin

Playlainin

Jul 20, 2020
I want to visit Korea so badly. I think the language would hold me back.

Reactions: Hennessy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Blue Rose
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Hennessy and Makko
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
You eat very well, i am glad you can do that. Seems a nice place to escape to.

Reactions: Blue Rose
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, Ame and signifying nothing
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
I would love to see South Korea firsthand. Unfortunately I don't think us little people will ever have the freedom to travel internationally again. I hope I'm wrong.